AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

On 4/21/2022 at 8:10 AM, tm_aw_love said:

Looks like e-gift cards are back in stock for those that have been waiting. 

I just ordered some of the newly available Allstate Carnival egift cards.  The Allstate purchase confirm arrived in my email inbox almost immediately.  But the actual gift cards did not.  After about 15 minutes, I checked my spam folder.  The egift cards were in the spam folder.   The subject line for the egift cards was "Your Egift Card is here."  No mention of Allstate in the subject line or the body of the delivery email.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2022 at 12:23 PM, wgeddings said:

Just to try to dispel an on-going question, I have been using e-cards from AARP on the last few cruises Dec 2021, Feb 2022 and April 2022) and have had no problem or issue entering them onboard at a kiosk.  Put in the number and PIN and immediate credit.  No verification.  I recommend doing the kiosk and avoiding guest services. I have used cards to pay for the cruise at booking and for prepurchase of beverage packages too.   I encourage the use of e-cards from Allstate rewards, AARP or such reputable sites.

It's nice that they finally set up the kiosks to accept the gift cards. Prior to the covid shutdown, the option was always available on the machines, but it never worked. For whatever reason, they've decided to enable the function now. I'm glad they finally went with it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

I just ordered some of the newly available Allstate Carnival egift cards.  The Allstate purchase confirm arrived in my email inbox almost immediately.  But the actual gift cards did not.  After about 15 minutes, I checked my spam folder.  The egift cards were in the spam folder.   The subject line for the egift cards was "Your Egift Card is here."  No mention of Allstate in the subject line or the body of the delivery email.

Their rewards program and website has always been operated by a third-party company. There's been 2 or 3 that I know of, but currently it's a company called Intride Loyalty, LLC. That's why they don't mention Allstate in the emails. It'd be nice if they did, though. Once upon a time, Allstate Rewards and the predecessor to AARP Rewards (Rewards for Good) were ran by the same company.

13 hours ago, prestige809 said:

anyone ever encounter this error trying to purchase ?

Please call customer service to proceed with your order. Message Code: SS001

I got this same error when a family member wanted to buy cards with their own cc under my account.  I ended up just reverting to my own cc in order to process not bothering to try calling customer service.

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Well poo, just tried that code and it said it expired.  Thx anyway!

That's so odd because I tried the code less than a minute before sharing it here and it worked - I'll let you know if I come across another update.

7 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

The code WELCOMEBRANDS was originally posted here in May of 2020 so you've likely used it already.

Thanks so much for this clarification and understanding why it worked for myself but not for others. 

3 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

The code WELCOMEBRANDS was originally posted here in May of 2020 so you've likely used it already.

Here is a list of old codes (lifted from post #4299) that don't appear to expire:

WELCOMECOUPONS    1,000
WELCOME2WINNING    2,500
WELCOME2AR    1,000
WELCOME2OFFERS    1,500
WELCOME2DEALS    1,500
WELCOMEBACK    1,000

WELCOMEBIDS    1,000
WELCOME2SAVINGS    1,000
WELCOME2REWARDS    1,000
WELCOMEREWARD    1,000
WELCOMEBRANDS    1,500
WELCOMEPRIZES    2,500
WELCOMELOCAL    1,500
10KANNIVERSARY    10,000
5KANNIVERSARY    5,000

Of course, you can only use these once, so folks who have been around for awhile have likely already used these.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, prestige809 said:

anyone ever encounter this error trying to purchase ?

Please call customer service to proceed with your order. Message Code: SS001

8 hours ago, BabyJacks17 said:

I got this same error when a family member wanted to buy cards with their own cc under my account.  I ended up just reverting to my own cc in order to process not bothering to try calling customer service.

BabyJacks, when you tried with your friend's credit card, did you enter matching shipping & billing addresses? I learned the hard way that they have to match when you place an order. I don't remember if it gave me a specific error, but it would not place the order until they matched.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

BabyJacks, when you tried with your friend's credit card, did you enter matching shipping & billing addresses? I learned the hard way that they have to match when you place an order. I don't remember if it gave me a specific error, but it would not place the order until they matched.

Hello!  Yes, I ended up calling customer service and they stated I was receiving the error because there were "too many characters in the 1st line for the street address" - also, to note, that if we have too many attempts on the account, it will essentially lock up and they would have to escalate it to their IT so you will no longer get that message. 

Appreciate your help and input getting the error resolved.

• Like 1