AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

12 hours ago, BabyJacks17 said:

Hello!  Yes, I ended up calling customer service and they stated I was receiving the error because there were "too many characters in the 1st line for the street address" - also, to note, that if we have too many attempts on the account, it will essentially lock up and they would have to escalate it to their IT so you will no longer get that message. 

Appreciate your help and input getting the error resolved.

Were you able to successfully place an order after calling customer service?  I submitted a web form a few days ago and they got back to me today stating that the error was a fraud lock on my account.    They said it was due to the fact that I was using the same card number across 2 accounts.     They've attempted to clear the alert 3 times now but I still can't order.   

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Just placed an order on Thursday for eCards, but there were limits attached.  Could only buy two 1000 cards and three 500 cards.  The email confirmation was sent immediately with the eCards attached.

That is why I bit the bullet and paid for AARP also. Good to have options and unfortunately it seems like Allstate is missing the ecards more often than not. 

On 4/28/2022 at 9:03 PM, Dangjr213 said:

Were you able to successfully place an order after calling customer service?  I submitted a web form a few days ago and they got back to me today stating that the error was a fraud lock on my account.    They said it was due to the fact that I was using the same card number across 2 accounts.     They've attempted to clear the alert 3 times now but I still can't order.   

Allstate Rewards is a separate department than Allstate insurance and has its own customer service. There's been times, unfortunately, when they made me think their Rewards department is somewhat of an afterthought. After all, a third-party company actually runs the website & service, so sometimes I get the impression that they don't put a whole lot of effort into their Rewards dept. I tried to change the email that's tied to my Rewards account multiple times. You'd think it'd be a simple task, but they could never do it.

On 4/29/2022 at 11:31 AM, SNJCruisers said:

Just placed an order on Thursday for eCards, but there were limits attached.  Could only buy two 1000 cards and three 500 cards.  The email confirmation was sent immediately with the eCards attached.

Uh oh, have they gone the way of AARP with limits now? AARP limits them to 5/month, so the real test will be if anyone tries to buy more from Allstate within a month.

On 4/29/2022 at 5:23 PM, jekadial said:

Is it an instant email or does it take a few days to receive? 

never mind 🙂 I see e card now is instant! 

If you ever think they're taking too long, be sure to check your spam folder. Sometimes they get tossed in there.

6 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I had a credit card promotion if I spent 3000, so I bought 3400 worth of cards costing me 3060.  Tried to get  3 x 1000 and was rejected.  Bought 2 x 1000, 2 x 500 & 4 x 100.

You found the work around. Congratulations. I've never been that brave. The most I've ever bought was $1,500. 

37 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

You found the work around. Congratulations. I've never been that brave. The most I've ever bought was $1,500. 

Bought 10 eCards last month on AARP costing me 4500.  Now have enough cards to pay off all 7 future Carnival cruises booked through January of 2024.

Now that it's May, I'll use my 10 card limit to get 5000 worth of Princess cards on AARP and save 500 bucks.

Delivery of eGift cards from AllstateRewards.   Please note that the delivery of the egift cards come from somewhere else most of the time.  If you are like me, after buying you are anxiously awaiting the cards and they do not seem to arrive.  I have even called Customer Service and they snarkily told me that it can take up to 24 hours.  The answer is that the e-mail with the link to the egift cards often ends up in your spam folder.  So after about 30 minutes, if you do not have the e-mail with the link to your gift cards, check your spam filter!   

Also, again, there is no delivery fee for the ecards.  

I am sure many of you have already seen this, but Carnival is having a Mother's Day promotion on some sailings.  You can buy spa treatments, internet, CHEERS, excursions, cruise cash, etc...  and get 20% off.  The code is MSPA22.  I hear that it is working on 2022 cruises, some say 7 days and less, others have had luck on longer.  

Remember if you use one of your Allstate or AARP gift cards, you are already getting your cards at a discount, so when you check out, use your GC and save even more.  

1 hour ago, tw67 said:

I am sure many of you have already seen this, but Carnival is having a Mother's Day promotion on some sailings.  You can buy spa treatments, internet, CHEERS, excursions, cruise cash, etc...  and get 20% off.  The code is MSPA22.  I hear that it is working on 2022 cruises, some say 7 days and less, others have had luck on longer.  

Remember if you use one of your Allstate or AARP gift cards, you are already getting your cards at a discount, so when you check out, use your GC and save even more.  

This is very interesting, particularly the possibility of buying discounted cruise cash with already discounted gift cards.   So I tried to apply the code to a purchase of $100 in cruise cash on my July five-night sailing.   Unfortunately, the website would not accept the code for a cruise cash purchase on that sailing.

8 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

This is very interesting, particularly the possibility of buying discounted cruise cash with already discounted gift cards.   So I tried to apply the code to a purchase of $100 in cruise cash on my July five-night sailing.   Unfortunately, the website would not accept the code for a cruise cash purchase on that sailing.

Oh boo!

3 minutes ago, tw67 said:

Oh boo!

Ha.  And now I see there is a big thread on this.  Folks rushing to purchase cruise cash and excursions.   Probably someone in Carnival IT messed up.  Looks like the IT folks have fixed it now, and I was just too late to get that mega-discounted cruise cash.  Oh well.

8 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

Ha.  And now I see there is a big thread on this.  Folks rushing to purchase cruise cash and excursions.   Probably someone in Carnival IT messed up.  Looks like the IT folks have fixed it now, and I was just too late to get that mega-discounted cruise cash.  Oh well.

Lucked out big time.  Saw the thread and rolled the dice.  Cancelled our Cheers for two sailings on the MG that I had just bought last week before the price increase.  Ended up saving just over 65 per cruise.  Did the same with steakhouse purchases and also bought 1000 in cruise cash for 800.  Ended up saving just under 350.00.

Will just flip the cruise cash for new gift cards from Cherry on Top.

• Like 2