Jump to content

Allstate drive wise cards too!


helene109
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

BTW as of right now, those ecards are still available for purchase.   No word back on how to use them!!

Keep us in the loop.  I have a B2B next June on the reamplified Oasis out of Bayonne going to Canada for 5 days and the Bahamas for 7.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a Carnival egift card that has about $150. balance that I wanted to use on my sign & sail account.  When checking in for my cruise, I couldn't find where I could add this to my sign & sail account.  How do I get it added?  Do I have to call Customer Service, my PVP or wait until I'm on board and visit Customer Service there?  Thanks for any insight.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, luv2travel32 said:

I have a Carnival egift card that has about $150. balance that I wanted to use on my sign & sail account.  When checking in for my cruise, I couldn't find where I could add this to my sign & sail account.  How do I get it added?  Do I have to call Customer Service, my PVP or wait until I'm on board and visit Customer Service there?  Thanks for any insight.

 

 

 

Add when you get there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, luv2travel32 said:

I have a Carnival egift card that has about $150. balance that I wanted to use on my sign & sail account.  When checking in for my cruise, I couldn't find where I could add this to my sign & sail account.  How do I get it added?  Do I have to call Customer Service, my PVP or wait until I'm on board and visit Customer Service there?  Thanks for any insight.

 

 

Carnival has been unable to get into the 21st century when it comes to adding gift card money to one's sail and sign account. Instead of doing from the convenience of home, one must waste an agent's time to get money added. they say you can do it at the kiosks but it has never worked for me. 

Edited by n6uqqq
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, luv2travel32 said:

I have a Carnival egift card that has about $150. balance that I wanted to use on my sign & sail account.  When checking in for my cruise, I couldn't find where I could add this to my sign & sail account.  How do I get it added?  Do I have to call Customer Service, my PVP or wait until I'm on board and visit Customer Service there?  Thanks for any insight.

 

 

You can buy cruise cash with a gift card before you cruise from the website.   Just remember that if you don't use all of your cruise cash you forfeit it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, luv2travel32 said:

Thanks y'all.  Looks like I'll have to spend some time in the customer service line. ☹️

I have some left on a $500 egift card that I will likely use up on paying for cheers package 😁.

I do think I was able to add a physical gift card before at the kiosks??  I like the convenience of the ecards but may switch to a physical card to add to S&S account...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding the RCCL egift cards/certificates.   I called to get an update and just got frustrated,   I would be piping hot mad if I had a deadline to meet in a day or so.   The standard answer of "we have reached out and are waiting on a response" does not make me feel all warm and fuzzy!!!

 

At this point, I don't fear losing out on my money.   Feel like the refund option is there, and certainly the protection from my credit card company is reassuring.   But I'm very disappointed that there has been no resolution after 3 days, and that other can be put in this same situation because they continue to have them for sale!!!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, luv2travel32 said:

I have a Carnival egift card that has about $150. balance that I wanted to use on my sign & sail account.  When checking in for my cruise, I couldn't find where I could add this to my sign & sail account.  How do I get it added?  Do I have to call Customer Service, my PVP or wait until I'm on board and visit Customer Service there?  Thanks for any insight.

 

 

You can add it on the ship either at guest services or using the kiosk.  I use the kiosk, never a line.  It's fast and easy just follow instructions on the screen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2021 at 7:16 PM, luv2travel32 said:

Thanks y'all.  Looks like I'll have to spend some time in the customer service line. ☹️

 

Another option is to add it at the terminal before boarding. They have a guest services counter there, too.

 

On 10/6/2021 at 8:16 PM, monykalyn said:

I have some left on a $500 egift card that I will likely use up on paying for cheers package 😁.

I do think I was able to add a physical gift card before at the kiosks??  I like the convenience of the ecards but may switch to a physical card to add to S&S account...

 

I've never been able to add cards using the kiosks. Judging by all the comments I've seen over the years, that seems to be the usual experience, but I guess it has worked for some people, so it's worth a try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2021 at 11:14 AM, ULCajunCruiser said:

Regarding the RCCL egift cards/certificates.   I called to get an update and just got frustrated,   I would be piping hot mad if I had a deadline to meet in a day or so.   The standard answer of "we have reached out and are waiting on a response" does not make me feel all warm and fuzzy!!!

 

At this point, I don't fear losing out on my money.   Feel like the refund option is there, and certainly the protection from my credit card company is reassuring.   But I'm very disappointed that there has been no resolution after 3 days, and that other can be put in this same situation because they continue to have them for sale!!!

 

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably ask for a refund now just for peace of mind. Sitting around waiting would drive me nuts. 🤪 LOL Good luck, hope it works out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoke to Allstate Rewards again today regarding the RCCL egift cards that I bought last Monday (10/4) and am still unable to use.

 

Nothing new to report, they are still talking to the vendor and to RCCL to work out why the cards are not being accepted!!!

 

I'll continue to let y'all know whatever I find out.  Hoping for a positive resolution this week!!   In the meantime I strongly suggest you hold off on buying the RCCL ecards!

Edited by ULCajunCruiser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2021 at 1:58 PM, n6uqqq said:

. . .  they say you can do it at the kiosks but it has never worked for me. 

 

On 10/10/2021 at 10:47 AM, Organized Chaos said:

I've never been able to add cards using the kiosks. Judging by all the comments I've seen over the years, that seems to be the usual experience, but I guess it has worked for some people, so it's worth a try.

Ditto that.  I'm zero for three. Two were attempted with e-gift card (no magnetic strip), and once with standard card.

Last month on Carnival Magic I tried from the Deck 5 kiosk with the standard card, got a correct balance ($300), and then it timed out.  Attempted again, and it said card had no value. 😮

The following day, went to Guest Services for assistance. She checked the balance ($300) and asked how much to apply, and I said all of it.  Next was me being told the card indicates zero value.  "Has someone else recently used it?".  "You mean in the two minutes the card has been in your hand?" 🙁

It wasn't the fault of the GS team member, and I didn't want to be become frustrated, so I decided to address it when I got home.  I think there was a error in their system that somehow equated the balance check with a temporary hold.  When I got home the next day, the full balance was back on the card.

 

.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just got off of a carnival ship yesterday and I had no problem adding my gift card to my sign and sail account using the kiosk. I also had no problem using them to purchase internet and excursions before the cruise. I have found them quite easy to use. Not sure why it's not consistent across the board for everyone but I hope you all get it worked out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you load the gift cards to your sign and sail account, can you use the money in the casino?  Slots and or table games?  I've added the gift cards in the past, but have never tried using them in the casino.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ski_mom said:

If you load the gift cards to your sign and sail account, can you use the money in the casino?  Slots and or table games?  I've added the gift cards in the past, but have never tried using them in the casino.  

 

Yes, the gift card balances can be used anywhere you would use your Sail & Sign card. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, ski_mom said:

If you load the gift cards to your sign and sail account, can you use the money in the casino?  Slots and or table games?  I've added the gift cards in the past, but have never tried using them in the casino.  

 

As alluded to by Organized Chaos back in post #4066, this was the holy grail of Carnival gift card usage.  Hopefully, we can all continue to use our gift cards, via our sign and sail account,  in the casino going forward in post-COVID times.  I certainly will try to do so on my first post-COVID cruise coming up in December.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Newe08 said:

I know there were issues with the RCCL e-gift cards...and sorry if I missed it...but has anyone purchased the Carnival e-gift cards?  If so, do they email you them right away or was there a delay?  

I loved the Carnival ecards!!!  Immediate delivery by email, and never had an issue using them.  

 

Also, Carnival's site is much more user friendly for using them.  I've used them to pay on my balance and to purchase drink package.   It's easy!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

I loved the Carnival ecards!!!  Immediate delivery by email, and never had an issue using them.  

 

Also, Carnival's site is much more user friendly for using them.  I've used them to pay on my balance and to purchase drink package.   It's easy!!

Thanks!!  I’ve got final payment due this coming Sunday for our January cruise and was wondering if I should risk buying the e-cards.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Newe08 said:

Thanks!!  I’ve got final payment due this coming Sunday for our January cruise and was wondering if I should risk buying the e-cards.  

Obviously its been a little while for me cause of no sailings.   But I know I used them in Jan 2019 and they worked great.   I'd do it without hesitation (10% is 10%).   Please let us know how they worked out for you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Newe08 said:

Thanks!!  I’ve got final payment due this coming Sunday for our January cruise and was wondering if I should risk buying the e-cards.  

super fast & easy!  I just bought one a little over a week ago to pay for a last minute cruise on the 4th.  i got the e card email before the allstate receipt email 😃 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com Jan '22
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways - Journey Through Europe
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...