Reflection Refurb Rescheduled?

Luvcrusn

Anyone know when the refurb of Reflection is scheduled? The site, cruisedeckplans.com shows it was originally scheduled for Oct. 9, but it now indicates that it may have been cancelled/rescheduled since she is sailing during that time period. Just curious. We're scheduled to sail her the end of November.

Anyone know when the refurb of Reflection is scheduled? The site, cruisedeckplans.com shows it was originally scheduled for Oct. 9, but it now indicates that it may have been cancelled/rescheduled since she is sailing during that time period. Just curious. We're scheduled to sail her the end of November.

There was a thread on this last week, Reflection was probably never scheduled for drydock in Oct. of this year since it has always had a full schedule of cruises and roll calls for October. These web sites with dates are very often wrong.

I suspect that cruise ships, like planes have a regular maintenance pattern. In October 2017 the reflection is 5 years old and that is why there has been a dry dock planned although it looks like it is not happening when planned. If you look back, the Eclipse went into dry dock in April 2015 when Luminae was built which was 5 years after it was launched.

The Silhouette had to go to dry dock early in Jan 2015 due to a propulsion issue.

I suspect that cruise ships, like planes have a regular maintenance pattern. In October 2017 the reflection is 5 years old and that is why there has been a dry dock planned although it looks like it is not happening when planned. If you look back, the Eclipse went into dry dock in April 2015 when Luminae was built which was 5 years after it was launched.

The Silhouette had to go to dry dock early in Jan 2015 due to a propulsion issue.

I know that part, but am curious when it was scheduled since the original October date seems to be changed.

October 9, 2017 is the reunion cruise on Reflection. Unlikely to be a refurbishment at that time.

Agreed (as stated before), so, my original question, does anyone know when it is re-scheduled?

Agreed (as stated before), so, my original question, does anyone know when it is re-scheduled?

Celebrity does not usually announce dry docks until shortly before they occur. Since a dry dock was never scheduled by Celebrity I would suspect that no one knows with any accuracy.

Celebrity does not usually announce dry docks until shortly before they occur. Since a dry dock was never scheduled by Celebrity I would suspect that no one knows with any accuracy.
I am surprised by this post . Aren't dry docks and specific cruises scheduled well in advance ? On occasion there will be an unforeseen maintenance issue which must be scheduled with shorter notice but otherwise dry dock plans are made way in advance .

Are you saying that cancelling existing cruises and replacing them with dry dock is normal ? I don't think so . They prefer to cancel cruises to charter them out . :D

I am surprised by this post . Aren't dry docks and specific cruises scheduled well in advance ? On occasion there will be an unforeseen maintenance issue which must be scheduled with shorter notice but otherwise dry dock plans are made way in advance .

Are you saying that cancelling existing cruises and replacing them with dry dock is normal ? I don't think so . They prefer to cancel cruises to charter them out . :D

Sorry Rich if you misunderstood. Celebrity does indeed schedule the dry docks well in advance but for some reason they generally don't announce them until shortly before the ship goes into drydock and in some cases when the ship comes out. That has been their pattern. No need to cancel any cruises unless it's an emergency.

Edited by dkjretired

Sorry Rich if you misunderstood. Celebrity does indeed schedule the dry docks well in advance but for some reason they generally don't announce them until shortly before the ship goes into drydock and in some cases when the ship comes out. That has been their pattern. No need to cancel any cruises unless it's an emergency.
Ah , so if you are looking at a particular ship's cruises and you don't see any cruises for a couple of weeks (or more) , you can assume a dry dock is scheduled .

Ah , so if you are looking at a particular ship's cruises and you don't see any cruises for a couple of weeks (or more) , you can assume a dry dock is scheduled .

Could also be a charter. Actually I did this the opposite way, in last weeks thread they asked what they were doing on the drydock and I checked the website for the cruises but also the roll calls. This proved there wasn't a drydock. There really is no good way to figure out when they are having a drydock .. Sometimes the websites out there are correct, sometimes not and then the rumor mill comes into play.

• 4 weeks later...

Booked Reflection for 1/19/18 on board recent Equinox cruise & TA said it would be going to drydock before that cruise. The sailing schedule also seems to verify that-drydock Jan 9-19.

TA said new sheets, pillows. Also assume routine maintenance.

What else do they plan to do? Link describing?

My thought was that it would be clean & noro free.

A few years back we were booked on a cruise LA to Hawaii on the Century. They cancelled the cruise for a re-furb. These boards had information on the cruise cancellation about one month before we were notified by Celebrity. Celebrity listed some cruises we could switch over to or could have our deposit returned.

Yes they will cancel booked cruises for a re-furb.

Booked Reflection for 1/19/18 on board recent Equinox cruise & TA said it would be going to drydock before that cruise. The sailing schedule also seems to verify that-drydock Jan 9-19.

TA said new sheets, pillows. Also assume routine maintenance.

What else do they plan to do? Link describing?

My thought was that it would be clean & noro free.

A good bet would be the theater set up they put up on the Summit, I can see that being done on dry-docks for all the ships. Another possibility might be something new they might put on the Edge ship which comes out several months later.

I'm scheduled to cruise on the Reflection 12/8/17, should I start to look at another cruise ?

Why? Doubt they would change the drydock schedule now unless equipment failure. I see more concern that drydock would extend & impact my cruise, but I consider that a low probability.

In 2000 I booked all family on first Millie caribbean cruise after going into drydock (a new ship!). They cancelled several cruises but had ours as the first. I had backup plans but they were on time. Cruise was a little rough for new crew/ship but that's another story.

Ok, I'm a guy that is well organized and plan down to the small details, military vet.

I'm scheduled to cruise on the Reflection 12/8/17, should I start to look at another cruise ?

We are on the same cruise. I cannot recall a ship being in dry dock at this time of year just before the holidays which is peak time for them and just really starting the season in the So Carb !