Craziest thing you've seen another passenger do

danielbriere

Although passengers were probably were almost entirely English speaking, I think the announcements were also made in Spanish.

As in almost every one of these stories, the problem probably isn't language, it's in the lack of thoughtfulness about one's actions and the consideration for others.

Thanks! Couldn't have said it better!

Several years ago, as I was walking past the pool, I observed an elderly man prep 2 loungers. He sat in one and put his dentures in the other. Then he proceeded to take a nap.

He was still there, several hours later....

Glad I didn't have my camera with me....

Chair hogging in a new way :D

I requested to have my ashes spread at my favorite golf course; however, they converted it to housing :eek:. So I asked DW if she would have my ashes sprinkled at sea.

"Sure" she replied. "I'll do it on my honeymoon cruise with my new husband"

Cold, very cold.

I didn't mean to turn this thread into a debate about loved one's ashes, but had to comment on this one.

My DH has also requested that if he should go before me, he wants his ashes spread on the golf course behind our house. But on hole #7 so that I could look out every morning and see the sun rising over him. :) The problem is that now our builder has a new home between us and hole #7. The bigger problem is that the new house sits RIGHT above the green. DH still wants the children and me to sneak over there one night and spread his ashes. :D This means that the new owners of the house would have breakfast overlooking not only the green, but my husbands ashes.:cool:

A few years back we were on a Caribbean cruise on the Ruby out of New York City where we live and the second night when we went to dinner we were placed with three other couples, the three men were all hot shot wall street brokers and they were bragging about the deals and tricks they do giving me hot stock tips, telling what to watch for in a few weeks, basically breaking the law and bragging about it, after the main course was done one of them asked me what I do for a living. I just could not resist the temptation, I replied that I was an Investigator for the Securities and Exchange Commission, well you should have seen their faces, they jumped up said hey look at the time we got to go, but you did not have dessert and coffee I said, by the way I didnt catch your names. The waiter came over looked at them almost running out of the dinning room turned to me and asked what happend, I told him that they said they had a show to catch. My wife looked at me and said, really the SEC, really. I would wave to them every time I saw them on and off the ship. I'm a Carpenter and my wife is a Teacher, no SEC.

That's a great story! :D

Then came the veiled propositioning about swinging. We politely said we should be getting back to get ready for dinner and left as soon as we could. Of course we ran into them everywhere we went on the whole cruise.

My brother and SIL were asked to go to a swingers resort with a couple we all met on our cruise. We still laugh about that today.

A few years back we were on a Caribbean cruise on the Ruby out of New York City where we live and the second night when we went to dinner we were placed with three other couples, the three men were all hot shot wall street brokers and they were bragging about the deals and tricks they do giving me hot stock tips, telling what to watch for in a few weeks, basically breaking the law and bragging about it, after the main course was done one of them asked me what I do for a living. I just could not resist the temptation, I replied that I was an Investigator for the Securities and Exchange Commission, well you should have seen their faces, they jumped up said hey look at the time we got to go, but you did not have dessert and coffee I said, by the way I didnt catch your names. The waiter came over looked at them almost running out of the dinning room turned to me and asked what happend, I told him that they said they had a show to catch. My wife looked at me and said, really the SEC, really. I would wave to them every time I saw them on and off the ship. I'm a Carpenter and my wife is a Teacher, no SEC.

LOVE this one! How clever of you to think of it.

Not everyone is ok with sitting around with human remains in their presence, especially at lunch. I understand why it ruined the one poster's day. You're on a cruise to leave life behind and to have someone pull out a dead person at the table is a bit much.

Not in any way doubting your story but perhaps the moral is that the infirmary is only as good as who is staffing it . I've heard good and bad stories .

I sure hope you're right, because our experience was terrible, and that was with 2 different doctors. The doctor at home told us that their treatment on the ship bordered on malpractice, and physicians rarely speak negatively about one another.

I plan on avoiding the infirmary at all costs if possible.

Not everyone is ok with sitting around with human remains in their presence, especially at lunch. I understand why it ruined the one poster's day. You're on a cruise to leave life behind and to have someone pull out a dead person at the table is a bit much.

Pretty much agree with that. It's a personal issue and sadness.

Thought of a funny one to share...still chuckle when I think of this one. We were on our first cruise with a group of family and friends. Sitting at dinner the first formal night, the photographer comes around and wants to take individual pics of everyone. Most of us oblige and get back to our meals. One of our dinner companions decided to give the photographer a surprise. While he was taking everyone else's pictures, she took the cooked spinach off her dinner plate and stuck it under her top lip. When it was her turn to smile for the camera, she grinned ear to ear, displaying a lovely spinach covered top row of teeth. The photographer loved it - he said it was the most creative photo he'd ever taken (while the rest of us laughed so hard we could barely breathe). I wish I had a copy of the picture to share because it was epic - beautiful young lady with her hair & makeup all done, wearing a lovely cocktail dress...with a mouth full of spinach :o

Best story so far. Can't stop smiling envisioning the looks on their faces.

Lol. He doesn't SMOKE anymore. He still smiles

On another note, autocorrect hates me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL--I knew that, I just couldn't resist :D

Autocorrect (and golf) hate me too!!

No, auto correct hates me.......I texted our son that I was having roasted children for dinner.:o

Now back to the show!

LOL--and what's wrong with roasted children :D

Now, back to the show

ML

On a Carnival cruise... it was after midnight and in our cabin I could hear people talking outside my door. I figured they were walking to their room. After 10 minutes, I was furious because it was quite loud and we couldn't sleep. I opened the door to find the lady who had the cabin across from us talking to her friend. Each one sitting in their doorway on a chair. They were talking from one cabin to the other. I know I had a mean look on my face because we had been woken up and were trying to sleep. I looked at both of them and closed my door. I heard the lady across from our cabin say, "well, I guess we'd better say good night".

I just couldn't believe someone could be so insensitive and talk loudly from one cabin door to the other, in the middle of the night. There are such things as phones! If they wanted to talk in person, there were many places on board that they could have sat at. [emoji15]

Tuscan Grill on Silhouette April 2016.

A loud guy adorned with very heavy looking gold chains & bracelets and a rather beautiful partner insisted very loudly and aggressively that the waiter serving the hors doevre from a large platter to leave the whole platter at the table for him :rolleyes: poor waiter tried to explain it was to serve all guest but the jerk insisted, very loudly!

I don't often lose my temper, however! We were on an nuclear transatlantic this past November and sometimes you just get fed up with people being jerks and self entitled. So my husband and I had left the breakfast buffet and were awaiting the elevator. A lady came along with a wheeled type chair and oxygen and was rather frail, so when the lift arrived I stepped so that I could keep the door held open while my husband tried to assist this elderly and frail lady, but no, mr entitled rushes out from the buffet with 2 full plates of food and a bowl of oatmeal. Of course, because he is special he shoved my husband out the way and all but pushed the elderly lady over. I mean, lets face it, why should someone receive some assistance while someone is trying to get to their room with plates of food!

I just couldn't stand it, so I snarled, yes snarled at him for his rude and callous disregard of an elderly and in need of assistance lady, and also for shoving my husband. I also informed him that usual manners dictate to await your turn to enter the elevator.

Obviously he was taken aback by my words, and then recovered enough to say for one of us to press his floor number for him - well now! I looked / glared him grimly in the eye and asked if he wanted me to help him understand how he might achieve a free hand so that he could press his floor himself because I was willing to let him ride to down to h@ll and back with his plates and bowl of oatmeal that were begging to be flung in his face!

I refused to press any floor buttons as did my husband, and finally the jerk apologized to the elderly lady. Obviously this story makes me angry all over again just retelling it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were woken up around 3am by noisy people outside our door. It went on for a while so eventually I got out of bed and opened the door only to find it was 2 crew members. Told them to be quiet and shut the door. They had been doing room service and decided to have a chat.

We were woken up around 3am by noisy people outside our door. It went on for a while so eventually I got out of bed and opened the door only to find it was 2 crew members. Told them to be quiet and shut the door. They had been doing room service and decided to have a chat.

That's CRAZY! Oh, wait... [emoji848][emoji6]zzz

Sent from my iPhone using Forums