Craziest thing you've seen another passenger do

danielbriere

For the posts that involve security or removal from the ship...I wonder, is there like a holding cell or something that security puts these people in until it reaches the next port?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

On a number of cruises I have seen security outside the room 24/7 until the next port .

Every cruise ship has a brig (holding cell). Bigger ones may have more than one.

People don't like to think of these things, but they also have a fully equipped operating room and a morgue! :eek:

The morgue on QM2 has at least 4 spaces. The operating theatre is only used in life and death situations. Even for appendicitis the treatment is usually IV antibiotics until land can be reached. An interesting part of the ships tour :eek: Thankfully unoccupied at the time.

On a number of cruises I have seen security outside the room 24/7 until the next port .

On our last cruise, Reflection TA this past Oct., there was a guard posted outside a cabin on deck 3, 24/7, until the last port before the crossing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My MIL's story, not mine, but thankfully nothing I have ever seen on a cruise has come close to this one!

We were sailing with MIL and a group of family friends on Princess and were docked in Tortola. Weather wasn't that great so the group planned to briefly get off the ship, check out the shops right at the pier, then get back on-board. So as MIL, hubby, and I are are standing on the dock waiting for the rest of our group to meet us, all of a sudden MIL gets the most disgusted, horrified look on her face. I ask her what's wrong, and she tells me that she just watched a woman walk down the pier from the ship docked next to us, walk up to a tree, pull up her sundress, and um, water the tree. Gross! The lady (and I use that term lightly) wiped herself on her dress, then walked back to the ship! To this day I can't figure out why she did that. Surely the washrooms on-board couldn't have been that appalling that peeing on a tree was a good choice?! We still laugh about it (and gag a little) to this day.

I know they do this but if someone is threatening to jump of their balcony, they obviously can't be left in their balcony stateroom. Guess others know of a "brig." Yikes!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

Not a passenger this time, but a crew member.

On our last Solstice cruise we went to Murano where we encountered a very snooty and supercilious sommelier. His wine selections were OK apart from his recommendation of a port with the cheese - DH requested a sauturnes as he though it would go better with the selection of cheeses we had picked. I tried the port and DH was right and that didn't surprise me as this sommelier seemed to know nothing about cheese. One of the cheeses was a French washed rind, Pont l'Eveque, which we know well and are very fond of. Another was a very nice blue cheese but by the time we'd finished our cheese we had forgotten the name of it. Our waiter had disappeared so we asked the sommelier. He insisted that the blue cheese was Pont l'Eveque and became quite nasty when we tried to tell him that it wasn't. :rolleyes:

My MIL's story, not mine, but thankfully nothing I have ever seen on a cruise has come close to this one!

We were sailing with MIL and a group of family friends on Princess and were docked in Tortola. Weather wasn't that great so the group planned to briefly get off the ship, check out the shops right at the pier, then get back on-board. So as MIL, hubby, and I are are standing on the dock waiting for the rest of our group to meet us, all of a sudden MIL gets the most disgusted, horrified look on her face. I ask her what's wrong, and she tells me that she just watched a woman walk down the pier from the ship docked next to us, walk up to a tree, pull up her sundress, and um, water the tree. Gross! The lady (and I use that term lightly) wiped herself on her dress, then walked back to the ship! To this day I can't figure out why she did that. Surely the washrooms on-board couldn't have been that appalling that peeing on a tree was a good choice?! We still laugh about it (and gag a little) to this day.

:eek::D

1st off I am 81 years old & a vet. There was this rather good looking young lady ( 30 or so ) lounging on her beach chair by the pool. As I walked to the bar I had to pass her & of course looked ( I am 81 but not dead ) she had a very nice 2 piece suit on which the bittom was pulled down below her belly button & tattoed on her belly was " WELCOME ABOARD " so being a vet I stood at attention & said "PERMISSON TO COME ABOARD " Her husband,friend started to laugh he bought me a drink. Old age has its rewards.

george35

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I love this

Several strange events.

Very first cruise, with very young sons. Sun Viking (very small ship) to Alaska, 1992. We have first seating for dinner. Table behind us has 4 burly balding gentlemen. Second night, formal night, double take.... 4 fluffy ladies with longish locks in formal wear? On shore excursion, group morphs into 2 men plus 2 women?

Same ship. Dinner. Waiter quiet. We ask if a problem this evening. He opens mouth and displays gaping hole where abscessed tooth removed that day. Arggh.

Many years later. Lido breakfast, disembarkation day. In toaster line. Woman ahead of me hurls her toast back at server, screaming! Server's face remains immobile, as she screams until husband removes her from line. Outburst must have been brewing all week.

Mostly outstanding experiences on all lines all the time!

Fun reading and laughing this thread!:)

The morgue on QM2 has at least 4 spaces. The operating theatre is only used in life and death situations. Even for appendicitis the treatment is usually IV antibiotics until land can be reached. An interesting part of the ships tour :eek: Thankfully unoccupied at the time.

I learned from a man who had been a dentist aboard a ship that the medical facilities are more for the crew than the passengers. With the crew living aboard for months at a time and little-to-no opportunity to get off to see a doctor or dentist, the on-board medical staff are their main support.

With respect to the morgue - we were on a cruise when the hotel director suffered a fatal heart attack on a sea day. Since we weren't due in port until the following day, well, you know . . .

You are correct! My son is a physician and found out there are 6-8 body bags that go along on each cruise. They keep the deaths quite secret, unless rumors get out. As for the medical treatment, I hope I never need it. DH developed a nasty infection on December 2016 Eclipse. He finger swelled up 3 times the size and very painful. The ship doctor put a f'n bandaid, yes a BANDAID on it. It was worse the next day, and her nurse change the dressing. The third day, we called our son and texted him a picture of it. He panicked and said it was celluitis, which can systemically travel quickly. Said he should be on an IV drip in a hospital. DH went back to the hospital, a new doctor concurred, but said they had no IV's available, and gave him 2 regular antibiotics. It took some to to heal after that. Moral of the story: hospital is only good for maybe seasickness!!

Now that I've wiped up the coffee I spilled all over the screen, here's mine (not on Celebrity though).

We were in an adjoining cabin, but not travelling with the people next to us. 2 AM and dh is sound asleep. I hear a key rattling in the door, and being a light sleeper, I'm on full alert. Second rattling of key. Third rattling of key is the charm. Now I hear, "Honey, I'm back" and the voice is coming from the cabin's hallway. I scream "You're in the wrong cabin." I slap dh to wake him up and he pipes up. Now the stranger is screaming, "What the (blank) are you doing in bed with my wife, you (blank)?" Mr.Visitor proceeds to grab the hallway curtain and becomes entangled in it.

This is our first night on this ship and we have yet to hit the right light switch, so this is playing out in the dark. Before we do, our friendly neighbor advises us that he will "beat the blank out of my husband." Somehow he realizes his error, untangles himself and scoots out. The hint might have been when I screamed out, "Unless you're married to (my name), you're in the wrong cabin, fool."

We found out from the Hotel Manager that the ship had just come out of dry dock and our key cards were coded erroneously to allow us and our neighbors to have access to each other's cabin.

This happened about 8 years ago. We recently ran into the same Hotel Manager and as soon as we introduced ourselves, she remembered the incident and said it was a first for her in her twenty year career.

While standing in line at guest services, I overheard a gentlemen questioning why his phone wasn't working on the ship as it worked perfectly fine when we left port in Orlando. The young woman politely reminded him that we departed from Miami, to which he replied "No, I know it was working when the ship left Orlando." I'm sure understanding the need to purchase an internet package was going to be a challenge for this gentleman who obviously didn't have a good grasp of geography.

Now that I've wiped up the coffee I spilled all over the screen, here's mine (not on Celebrity though).

We were in an adjoining cabin, but not travelling with the people next to us. 2 AM and dh is sound asleep. I hear a key rattling in the door, and being a light sleeper, I'm on full alert. Second rattling of key. Third rattling of key is the charm. Now I hear, "Honey, I'm back" and the voice is coming from the cabin's hallway. I scream "You're in the wrong cabin." I slap dh to wake him up and he pipes up. Now the stranger is screaming, "What the (blank) are you doing in bed with my wife, you (blank)?" Mr.Visitor proceeds to grab the hallway curtain and becomes entangled in it.

This is our first night on this ship and we have yet to hit the right light switch, so this is playing out in the dark. Before we do, our friendly neighbor advises us that he will "beat the blank out of my husband." Somehow he realizes his error, untangles himself and scoots out. The hint might have been when I screamed out, "Unless you're married to (my name), you're in the wrong cabin, fool."

We found out from the Hotel Manager that the ship had just come out of dry dock and our key cards were coded erroneously to allow us and our neighbors to have access to each other's cabin.

This happened about 8 years ago. We recently ran into the same Hotel Manager and as soon as we introduced ourselves, she remembered the incident and said it was a first for her in her twenty year career.

That is hilarious. I would bet it wasn't so funny at the time. Lucky punches weren't thrown. I can imagine I would have came up fighting in that situation.

Edited by BuckeyeMan

I have been reading this thread for 4 or 5 days now and I have to admit, I feel cheated. I have never seen anything nearly half as weird/bad/crazy as some of these!

Must cruise more so I can improve my chances :D

ML

We must have been on the same Cruises. ;o)

Edited by davekathy

Our first cruise was on QE2 and we had to pack quite a wardrobe from tux to shorts and sneakers. Last nite of the cruise we were trying to pack up in 25 mile gale force winds. We discovered next morning that I had packed everyone of DH shoes and he had to disembark in his socks. No one would have noticed had he not pointed out to everyone who would listen what I had done. Ended up with a good laugh through the whole process.

Reading about the morgue and deaths on cruises reminded me about 15 years ago my grandparents took my entire family on a cruise for thanksgiving.

Well my cousin is swimming in the pool and someone floats into him. He pushes this man away bit sees he's not moving just floating. My cousin is 12 and screams "oh my God I'm in the water with a dead guy!!!"

Obviously everyone jumped out, and it turns out my cousin was right and the guy had died.

This was 15 years ago and he still refuses to go on another cruise to this day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I have story that I didn't actually witness, but it was well known on this board.

A couple that cruised with Celebrity often, would routinely boast on this board how they would be given perks and upgrades (while onboard) through their unethical antics.

Their downfall was posting "prior" to their next cruise, what their latest scam was going to be. This was alerted to Celebrity by a fellow poster and this couple was banned from cruising on both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean.