Very Upset with RCCL!!!!

Maksim

So did it work -did your wife get rid of you? :D

Not yet...:)

What the ....Are you a telemarketer by any chance? Cause you sure sound like one.

I am not talking about just anything.

was really referring to things that we have disputed.

Overcharges, Medical bills, fines, tickets, late fees, etc.

You would be surprised what a little persistence could do..

Not if you book Early Saver on Carnival. Carnival will give OBC up until 2 days before cruise if price drops.

Supposedly- until you actually try to do it. Booked a cruise last year with them (and it clearly stated in our paper work that we had up until 48 hours before sailing to call with a lower rate) every lower rate was given an excuse why we didn't qualify. Then when I wanted to upgrade - BY PAYING For and upgrade not only was it going to be the additional $ per person upgrade but at 49 days out they told me we would be charged a $100 per person "change fee" plus the upgrade fee and lose all obc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry OP, I don't mean to pile on, but this it totally on you. We took our first cruise in 2013. By doing my research then (booked in 2012), I knew I wouldn't get any benefits (refunds, OBC, etc) if the price dropped after final payment. I also knew I was able to upgrade the cabin as long as the upgraded cabin was $1 more than what we had already paid.

If you don't like the policies of a company, it's your choice whether to continue doing business with them. Would it "be nice" if they gave you OBC or something? Sure. But 99% of companies have some kind of return/refund policy.

I am very upset now with RCCL. Pretty sure it happened with others. Here is the situation. I paid final payment in the beginning of January. Keep watching the prices. Today, when it's just under 60 days, the price went down by $2,000 per cabin in my category. I called my TA and they contacted RCCL, but they said there is nothing they can do.

Airfare, cruise fares, car sales, candy bars. All prices adjust. You pay what you were willing to pay at the time of purchase. The fact that the price MAY fall is the chance you take. The cruise line does not owe you anything. Even the fact that they adjust the fare for you PRIOR to final payment is also done as a favor to you. Technically they would not really need to do this either.

It would have not compensated for the difference by any means of course, but would have been a nice gesture from RCL to keep a customer happy with the feeling that they tried to do something.

Absolutely NOT - if they did this for everyone every time a price dropped they'd be out of business in a year.

I always book early to snag a favored cabin or cabin location. Watch prices up

until final payment, (lately not a lot in dropped fare like years ago), and then

get real interested after final payment.

If the fares do drop, right up until a few days before the sail date, I am taking

advantage of unsold upper tier cabins for self upgrades. Have done this

in the past many times...not lately..but fun to speculate. Especially since the

upgrade (freebie) fairy has lost my address. :eek: :( ;)

I definitely understand your frustration OP! Sounds like a good idea to try and upgrade your cabin if possible. But at the end of the day, it's just money. Chalk it up as a life lesson, and have a great cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be a little upset too. However, I would look at it this way. There will be plenty of cruises down the road when you will actually qualify for a price drop. These things all add up. We have had several upgrades in the past few years when the price dropped--It will happen.

This is ridiculous and sounds extremely entitled. Too many people nowadays stick their hands out and expect something free to be given to them to soothe their bad moods. I wouldn't be surprised if you are also one of the people who expects something free because your room smells funny or there was hair left in the shower. Give me a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So many rude and snarky responses, lol. I had the same issue before one of my earlier cruises and posted here and got the same kind of snark. Some of you people seem like you need a vacation!

What do you want people to tell him? They are explaining how it works. I know some posters get snarky. And we read multiple answers that say basically the same thing - but I think many people read the original post and just answer. They don't read the numerous answers that say the same thing they just said.

I think we would all love to get the lowest price for everything we buy. Could you imagine if it worked that way, how busy the companies would be making price changes on each and every passenger, each time the priced changed?

What do you want people to tell him? They are explaining how it works. I know some posters get snarky. And we read multiple answers that say basically the same thing - but I think many people read the original post and just answer. They don't read the numerous answers that say the same thing they just said.

I think we would all love to get the lowest price for everything we buy. Could you imagine if it worked that way, how busy the companies would be making price changes on each and every passenger, each time the priced changed?

Well, obviously I was only referring to the snarky ones and not the non-snarky ones (he replies snarkily :D ).

When a company advertises they will match their lowest price, it's understandable for someone to expect that. It's also understandable that they may not realize that it stops on final payment date (until they learn otherwise). Should that person be mad about it? Probably not, because it's on them to understand the policy in the first place. But it's reasonable, given the understanding that the cruise line does adjust prices downward, for the OP to be a bit disappointed when the reality of the policy is explained. I am sure we agree, but my post was just in reaction to the nasty tone some seem to have about entitlement, cheapness, ignorance, etc.

Thank you all for such quick replies and comments. I really appreciate all the thoughts provided. I did not say I will not cruise again. This is not the case. I have been around and know enough about the pricing strategies, refunds, etc. This is the first time I experience such a huge price reduction at the time when rebooking would cost more than the difference. It sucks because they could have offered OBC, or a specialty restaurant package, or a drink package. It would have not compensated for the difference by any means of course, but would have been a nice gesture from RCL to keep a customer happy with the feeling that they tried to do something.

Ever tried to ask an airline to lower your flight price that has dropped or offer you an ECERT? They will laugh in your face even if you are their highest frequent flier tier.

I was pretty happy with what we paid, ~$3100 family of 2+2 kids, balcony, 12N on Anthem, and $425OBC. Does it get cheaper?
With the way things ran together (and my slight dyslexia) I read this as $4250 OBC on a $3100 fare!:eek: It would be nice to take a 12 night cruise for a net of negative $1150 (okay, OBCs are not real dollars).

It seems that somebody always has a cheaper fare than you get, but a fare of less than $65 per day per person on Anthem and a $425 OBC sounds like a great price.

With the way things ran together (and my slight dyslexia) I read this as $4250 OBC on a $3100 fare!:eek: It would be nice to take a 12 night cruise for a net of negative $1150 (okay, OBCs are not real dollars).

It seems that somebody always has a cheaper fare than you get, but a fare of less than $65 per day per person on Anthem and a $425 OBC sounds like a great price.

When you can apply them to grats they are! :) Got $325 from the TA but didn't expect another $100 from RC. Ya, I was pretty ecstatic after we booked. The deal was 30% off stacked with kids free, not sure I'll see that again. Plus going out of NJ saved flight costs, woohoo.

Ever tried to ask an airline to lower your flight price that has dropped or offer you an ECERT? They will laugh in your face even if you are their highest frequent flier tier.

Airlines don't advertise that they do this. The cruise lines do.

My airline does not refund me the difference, but if I catch a reduction in cost, I do get a credit for the difference. Must be used within 12 months of the day I booked for another flight. It is a good way to keep me loyal.

Mine doesn't (usually fly United, my airport is a major hub).

On our last flight to FLL to board the Allure our cost went down twice. Nobody laughed in my face.

I got a credit for each price drop and just used that credit for a trip to Jamaica in May.:)

Bill

Airlines don't advertise that they do this. The cruise lines do.

Didn't know they advertised this. Point me to the link on their site where they advertise this price drop refund, especially after final payment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk