Non-Suite Travel Companion in Michael's Club

mit429

I can't seem to find an answer to this, but maybe I'm just searching incorrectly.

Do you know if non-suite guests are allowed to accompany a suite-guest into Michael's Club, or is it strictly forbidden?

I can't seem to find an answer to this, but maybe I'm just searching incorrectly.

Do you know if non-suite guests are allowed to accompany a suite-guest into Michael's Club, or is it strictly forbidden?

I saw a guest ask this on embarkation day to the MC concierge and was politely declined.

Very occasionally, the concierge will extend an invite to travelling companions to use the lounge. This was allowed when the concierge had booked a meal in the Lawn Club Grill for us and our friends, they were allowed in for a pre dinner drink. We did not ask for this, it was at the concierge's discretion.

You have to bear in mind that all Micheal's is not just a bar. All drinks are free and as such there is no till or means for bar staff to charge a guests card, package or no.

When the occasionally (and I have seen it once or twice:cool:) the Concierge allows a suite passenger or Zenith to bring a guest in they are also allowing that guest free premium drinks.

You have to bear in mind that all Micheal's is not just a bar. All drinks are free and as such there is no till or means for bar staff to charge a guests card, package or no.

When the occasionally (and I have seen it once or twice:cool:) the Concierge allows a suite passenger or Zenith to bring a guest in they are also allowing that guest free premium drinks.

Hi Greg

The couple had a premium beverage package anyway so they were not getting anything they wouldn't have got at another bar. Celebrity have actually gained as the couple will be travelling with us on the Silhouette on the 5th March in a Sky suite as opposed to their usual Aqua class cabin.

I also observed a suite guest asking the concierge about this, and having the request declined. Although Michael's Club is sometimes quiet, it's a small venue and really doesn't have room for suite passengers and their guests as well.

Depends entirely on the concierge at any given time. Our friends were suite guests on our last cruise. His parents were not. The concierge took it upon themselves to invite them in. None of us requested this. The concierge was told that his parents do have two future cruises booked, both in suites. This may or may not have influenced this decision.

But in general, the answer is no.

Depends entirely on the concierge at any given time.

But in general, the answer is no.

Based on me experience on a number of different ships your answer is spot on! I have discovered that most of the MCCs will allow at least 1 complimentary visit, but as Mynki has said it is really up to the Concierge.

My husband was allowed in with a friend a couple of times when not in an upper level suite on one cruise (we were in an SS and this was before SS people were allowed in MC) and we have had non-suite friends with us in MC a couple of times since so it seems it is up to the concierge (I asked the first time because my husband had been let in on a previous cruise so I was ignorant and thought it okay for a one-time visit and the second time a mutual friend asked if our other friends could come in on a recent cruise). The concierges were both gracious, but I could tell they were a bit uncomfortable since they can't do it for everyone. They were nice enough to welcome them, but I won't put them on the spot again.

Very occasionally, the concierge will extend an invite to travelling companions to use the lounge. This was allowed when the concierge had booked a meal in the Lawn Club Grill for us and our friends, they were allowed in for a pre dinner drink. We did not ask for this, it was at the concierge's discretion.

Yes, it can happen but rarely. Once we started a B2B in a suite but had to move to Aqua for the second half. The concierge informed us that if MC was not busy, we were welcome. MC was never busy on that cruise, but not wanting to take advantage of a kind invitation, we visited only twice on a two week cruise. It does pay to treat people right, doesn't it?

Wallis, No you don't Know or no it's strictly forbidden? If the latter, we already know that on rare occasions it has been allowed, although more generally, suite passenger may not bring guests to Michaels Club.

On our last cruise on the Equinox we were not allowed in with friends in a suite.

Yes on rare occasions there is lighting from a clear sky:eek: tho more generally it does not happen.:D

That's what I thought about Luminae. There will come a time....and a price.

I remember reading in the Luminae FAQs that non-suite guests could dine with their suite guest friends in Luminae for $50 per person per meal.

To date, I have yet to see a non-suite guest in Luminae....

I remember reading in the Luminae FAQs that non-suite guests could dine with their suite guest friends in Luminae for $50 per person per meal.

To date, I have yet to see a non-suite guest in Luminae....

Well, the $50 surcharge for non-suite guests in Luminae is now $30 for dinner, $20 for lunch, and $10 for breakfast. You may soon find more non-suite guests dining in Luminae with the lower pricing.

Well, the $50 surcharge for non-suite guests in Luminae is now $30 for dinner, $20 for lunch, and $10 for breakfast. You may soon find more non-suite guests dining in Luminae with the lower pricing.

There were definitely some non-suite guests in Luminae on our recent Luminae cruise, but it did not seem to busy to us.

Well, the $50 surcharge for non-suite guests in Luminae is now $30 for dinner, $20 for lunch, and $10 for breakfast. You may soon find more non-suite guests dining in Luminae with the lower pricing]

WAIT!?! I've changed my mind on this.

It's okay for a suite occupant to invite a non-suite occupant to eat in Luminae, for a fee. It isn't like they're gonna eat all meals there, or go alone.

Edited by Olive1950

On our last cruise on the Equinox we were not allowed in with friends in a suite.

Yes on rare occasions there is lighting from a clear sky:eek: tho more generally it does not happen.:D

I was on a Reflection cruise last November and saw a non-suite guest admitted to Michael's. He was on our roll call and posted on here about it too. So the answer isn't "no".

That's what I thought about Luminae. There will come a time....and a price.

It's still at the maitre'd's discretion though.

As far as Michael's Club. On our cruise last week, we were a party of 7 with only 3 of us in a suite. We did not ask to bring anyone of them into Michael's Club nor was that offered by the concierge. She did extend the invitation to the helipad sailing though to our entire group, and did allow us all to wait in Michael's Club for disembarkation, although by the time our breakfast finished we only wound up being in there for about 5 minutes.

I honestly think that all concierges want to bring a degree of 'reasonableness' into this.

There is a difference between a couple in a suite asking for their son and daughter in law (non suite) to be invited into Michael's one evening to 'see what it is like' to a couple in a suite 'expecting' to be able to invite their friends or extended family into Michael's Club every night...

If I was the OP I would have a quiet word with the concierge early in the cruise requesting that my friends could come into Michael's one evening to experience....I think this question should be asked expecting a possible 'no' and then just be pleased if there is a 'yes' even if it is with some restrictions. In our experience Michael's can be really busy on some cruises and quieter on others. On Equinox it went from full to dead to full again on about a one hour turnaround. The concierges will know the patterns and may agree, for example, to you bringing a guest in at a set time or on a certain day.

I think a big concern for all is that if guests push the boundaries too much then the concierges may have to become more rigid to appear 'fair'....

Braveheart11 - a friend and I have been trying to figure this out. Do you know when it changed to 30$ for dinner, from $50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk