Faster to the Fun Sold Out

psk2347

We finally got it for our July 1 cruise on the Vista this week. We've been checking for months. One thing I've noticed is they show up more frequently after the final payment date. I guess it's because they pretty much know how many platinum cruisers are going to be on-board. It's been available several times this week but they go fast.

We like it for the extra perks. It's $40 well spent since we split the cost. We're normally on the ship between 11-1130. We drop off our carry on luggage in the cabin, go eat lunch then explore the ship all before the crowds arrive. We benefited on our last cruise since Belize is a tender port. You get shorter wait times for anytime dining. Using the platinum line for guest services comes in handy since my honey finds reasons why she needs to talk to them:rolleyes:

This is simply not true. Just because you have FTTF doesn't mean you jump to the front of the line at night when you're dining. I think the poster is confused as to what the perk is with FTTF and dining.

Faster to the Fun costs $69.99 per cabin and gives your priority access when embarking, tendering and disembarking. It also provides you a priority line at the customer service counter on board. The best feature is your room is ready as soon as you board, and your bags are deleivered before anyone elses. Its worth every dime!

What about the extra 9 cents? :D

We just got a bounceback (free interior cabin for two) off the Splendor last week and we booked a Grand Suite on the Pride in July for a 7-day cruise ($600 upsell). So we basically paid for an interior but get the Grand Suite. I was happy to learn that all the things FTTF offers are included at no extra charge for suites - especially since we'll be visiting Half Moon Cay.

• 3 months later...

I just learned about this today. Booked back in mid July. I called Carnival and asked Why I had to learn about this from another website. Thought maybe she would budge and let me have it. Wasn't gonna happen though. So now where on the website am I going to be looking for possible openings?

I know many of you may be consistently checking to see if FTTF is available for your upcoming cruise. For the past month I have been checking 5 times a day and it has always been sold out, until this morning. We are exactly 5 months from our sail date today and I checked at 5am this morning and it finally said add to cart! I quickly bought it! I went back to check to see how many more were available and it was sold out again.

So tips for trying to snag Faster to the Fun:

- Check multiple times a day, especially in the early morning.

- Spefically check on monthly intervals. Ex: 30, 60, 90, 120 days.

- 90 days will be your best chance as this is the cutoff where people have to have their trip paid. If its not they will have to cancel their FTTF

- Email Shoreexcursions@carnival.com and see if they can sell more FTTF. (This is decided by the amount of diamond and platinum guests booked.)

- Be persistant!

- Dont give up!

I know its so frustrating when its sold out especially if you have used it in the past. Keep checking back on the website and Im sure you will find one! Good Luck!

We are sailing on the Breeze tomorrow. About 2 weeks days ago I was taking a look at the excursions at the various ports and mistakenly clicked on Galveston. FTTF was available...and that was only 11 days out. I had no interest, and apparently not too many who might have been interested were checking consistently as just for grins I looked again about 8 hours later...still available.

I just learned about this today. Booked back in mid July. I called Carnival and asked Why I had to learn about this from another website.

--But FTTF is listed by Carnival under Shore Excursions for the departure port, along with a description of the services offered.

So now where on the website am I going to be looking for possible openings?
Unless it isn't offered on your sailing (there are some exceptions, including Journeys cruises and certain departure ports), it will be shown under your departure port for the first day. It makes sense as the perks most often associated with FTTF -- early boarding, early access to stateroom, priority luggage delivery -- are all first-day benefits.

I just learned about this today. Booked back in mid July. I called Carnival and asked Why I had to learn about this from another website. Thought maybe she would budge and let me have it. Wasn't gonna happen though. So now where on the website am I going to be looking for possible openings?

Have you ever been on Carnival's website? It's normally all over the landing page.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interesting. I've not heard of this program. I don't think I'd be interested, but it's interesting to know it's available. Is getting off the ship at ports a long process? We didn't wait at all on Royal Carribean. It was a fast process. Just scan your card and go.....

I think the same. Last time I've cruised with Carnival FTTF didn't exist and now everyone seem to go crazy about it. For the price of $50, 60 or 70, just be able to be first off the ship, I personally don't think it's worth it. Or to have your cabin ready first thing. I'm ok with boarding the ship at 12, 1pm and just stroll around for an hour or two before all cabins are ready ;)

Having said that, I'll be boarding Carnival Legend in just a few weeks, so will see how this process works. I might change my mind :cool:

Can you buy FTTF before you have paid your trip in full? We have a Horizon trip booked for April, but I don't see FTTF even offered?

Yes. We've bought FTTF over a year ago for our October 2017 cruise. Yet we only paid off our cruise in June.

Yes. We've bought FTTF over a year ago for our October 2017 cruise. Yet we only paid off our cruise in June.

Thanks for the response. I was assuming it was not showing because we had only put a deposit on our April cruise. Maybe it's not being offered for the Horizon European cruises... I will email our PVP, I'm sure he will know.

Can you buy FTTF before you have paid your trip in full? We have a Horizon trip booked for April, but I don't see FTTF even offered?

Yes I just bought it for 2 cabin Elation sailing 2/5/18. Final payment is December.

FTTF was not offered in Europe for any of Carnival's sailings on the Vista. The Horizon will be the same way.

Agreed. Too many Platinum and above passengers so no room to offer FTTF. Our Journeys cruise in Oct for Panama Canal isn't selling any FTTF for same reason. We turn Platinum on that cruise and I've met a dozen or more online already that turn Platinum on that cruise.

Cherie

We tried FTFF once. It was nice to be able to go straight to our cabin, ditch our stuff, and change to go up on deck.

The time we needed assistance at guest services it was nice to just walk up to the side-line and get served quickly. Got a pissy comment from some sour faced harpy in the regular line though, I guess she didn't realize there were two queues. Just ignored her.

Made no difference at our ports since we didn't have tenders and we didn't have excursions we were hurrying to.

Debarkation had no benefit from FTTF since we usually do self-debarkation anyway.

As for availability, it's showing as available for the cruise we have booked for later this year but have only paid deposit on. I don't think we'll buy it though.

Yes. I have bought it even right after I paid my deposit. With my up coming cruise, we have 3 rooms. I got FTTF right away for 2 of the rooms, and then more opened up about 1 month later.

I have been checking , rechecking and checking again all day every day since I first heard of this FTTF add on. I have even called Carnival and pretty close to pleaded to get one of these packages. I don't think it's gonna happen. Still have 42 days but I'm not optimistic and my wife is looking at me funny now.

Just saying .:cool:

I have been checking , rechecking and checking again

I have had FTTF when it was $49.99 and I have NOT had FTTF. When the price increased, that was the deal breaker for me. It's not that big of a deal. You might board an hour earlier with FTTF...but there is no advantage on disembark.

It's really no big deal. The only real benefit is having cabin ready as soon as you board so you can drop carryon stuff off in cabin. We have always chosen boarding time noon-12:30, get checked in and usually onboard in about 15 minutes, have lunch and cabin is ready. No rush, no stress, just taking our time to fully enjoy the cruise.

Cherie

It's really no big deal. The only real benefit is having cabin ready as soon as you board so you can drop carryon stuff off in cabin. We have always chosen boarding time noon-12:30, get checked in and usually onboard in about 15 minutes, have lunch and cabin is ready. No rush, no stress, just taking our time to fully enjoy the cruise.

Cherie

Actually fttf has more benefits than just priority boarding. It also gives you the dedicated line at GS which is super nice when GS has a line with 50 people in it. It also gives you priority tendering if you have a tendered port which is great when you have an excursion not through the cruise line or want to do things on your own.

• Like 1