Grills by the pool, nite food

paradise4ever

It's been a few years since we've been on a cruise:( but on our last cruise, the poolside grill just served hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken sandwiches, and veggie burgers. I heard that the night time grill may serve some thing else.

but according to this, no ribs: http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/whats-included/#ondeck (scroll down to the casual dining part)

this is more info, but it seems it's just as above. http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

just adding: on our cruises, the grill stayed open til about 11pm just as the pizzeria was. We were fans of the grilled chicken sandwiches.

yes, recall reading that some other items on grilled in the evening at the grill by the pool. I have not checked it out, as the menu varies, my dh does not eat pork, so did not try.

The grill serves some great BBQ in the evening. It's different each night so check. I love their pull pork sandwich, it's a ten. I skip the MDR on those nights.

Late night, just order room service, best kept Princess secret.

framer

They close at night.

cb at sea is that you?

Trident Grill switches to Smokehouse BBQ in the evening on certain ships. (And even on the ones that don't the venue remains open with the regular menu until 10 or 11). There are two alternating BBQ menus, I was able to find one from an old thread:

990101%20330%2001.01.15%20Tridant%20Grill%20evening%20menu%20DSC04768_zpsx1ljqfq4.jpg

IIRC the alternate menu includes Ribs, Brisket and Chicken Wings.

Do the grills by the pools do any cooking of other items like ribs, chicken, etc at night. Someone mentioned this and I wondered if it was Princess or another cruise line.

It can vary by ship and location.

They close at night, they open at night. Hmmmmm

Been on the Crown, Ruby, Grand, Golden and Sapphire. All had the grill open at night. Maybe it's itin dependent? These were all out of Los Angeles.

According to the Princess Dining Options document:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

Burger & Hot Dog Grill

(all ships except Sapphire Princess)

LUNCH HOURS

11:00am - 6:00pm

DINNER HOURS

6:00pm onward

(except on Ocean and Pacific Princess)

Larger minds than mine can interpret the meaning of "onward" (and also why the reference to Ocean Princess remains even though the doc appears to have been recently updated).

Do the grills by the pools do any cooking of other items like ribs, chicken, etc at night. Someone mentioned this and I wondered if it was Princess or another cruise line.

Just an FYI the smokehouse style BBQ at night is only on Regal and Royal Princess.

If you research the dining options on Princess website it appears that it's only Regal and Royal that offer additional items (ribs, pulled pork, wings Route 66 chili) at dinner at the Trident Grill. I do not believe the Grand class ships and lower offer these items at night - the evening/dinner BBQ at Trident Grill is a Royal class exclusive offering.

Source - Princess Website Description of Trident Grill:

Royal Class Ships

TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN BBQ, WITH POOLSIDE EASE

In addition to the hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken sandwiches that passengers love at the Trident Grill, this poolside eatery transforms into a traditional smokehouse-style barbecue each evening, serving up hearty plates of jumbo chicken wings, Route 66 beef chili, Texas-style barbecue brisket, Kansas City Sweet & Smoky Pork Spare Ribs, and North Carolina Pulled Pork. Enjoy delicious southern flavors, poolside!

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/rp-royal-princess/

Versus all other classes

GRILLED BURGERS AND DOGS TO GO

Follow your nose to the Trident Grill where the burgers are flipping and the hotdogs roasting, served with a variety of fixin’s and crisp fries. Veggie burgers, bratwurst and grilled chicken breast are also served and all are sure to hit the spot when you are relaxing out on deck.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/kp-crown-princess/

(Click on Trident Grill in each link)

Edited by bamelin

I have not been on the Royal or Regal yet, but for sure I was on a Princess cruise in the last year or so that had the Smokehouse BBQ at night.

Not a big hamburger and hot dog fan so I was happy to see this. I think it might have been the Star Princess Vancouver-Hawaii cruise.

Just an FYI the smokehouse style BBQ at night is only on Regal and Royal Princess.

If you research the dining options on Princess website it appears that it's only Regal and Royal that offer additional items (ribs, pulled pork, wings Route 66 chili) at dinner at the Trident Grill. I do not believe the Grand class ships and lower offer these items at night - the evening/dinner BBQ at Trident Grill is a Royal class exclusive offering.

Source - Princess Website Description of Trident Grill:

Royal Class Ships

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/rp-royal-princess/

Versus all other classes

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/kp-crown-princess/

(Click on Trident Grill in each link)

I have had the Smoke house BBQ on other Princess ships so it is not just a Royal or Regal thing. It is not on all of the ships though. I can't remember right now which ships that we have had it on and which we haven't. I just wanted to let people know to have hope that it will be available on their cruise! LOL :D

ADDED....... I actually do remember getting it on the Crown Princess in January of 2015 and even have a picture of the Brisket, Wings, and Ribs that I will attach here. We got a big plate to share. (I may be wrong on this, but the Brisket that they do may be from a Corned Beef Brisket, as I thought that that flavor came out... It was a little odd to me. Maybe someone else thought the same thing?) The next night we "taught" them how to make Chili Cheese Fries with their Chili from the grill area.

Happy Cruising!

Mark

I have to add another comment that has to do with the new CC site as well as the old one, but it is even worse now: I tried at first to upload pictures that I have uploaded in the past to Cruise Critic and it would not allow me and said: The Dimension limits for this filetype are 620 x 280. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 1440 x 1080.

I find this even more frustrating than before as it seems that the size that they allow now is just too minuscule!! :mad:(n)Don't get me wrong, I love CC, but some things are just sad compared to other forums out there... I personally think that a KB size limit would be more reasonable as opposed to a tiny pixel/resolution limitation. You can resize some photos into decent sized photos with relatively small KB size. I don't do enough with photos to go to the trouble of getting a hosting site and putting them all up there! I just want to share a little bit every so often! OK, off my Soap Box!!!

Am I the only one who feels this way?

2029823108_P1070475ResizedforCC.jpg.7d935e968a5e0c04a3591dcad45b05a7.jpg

2065756735_P1070533ResizedforCC.jpg.be49ce3290ab2c851578e98fdde77897.jpg

The Grill....

The last few years the Grand had BBQ

at night after 6pm. Ribs, brisket, chicken,

hamburgers. This was after 6 to at least

10pm.

Haven't been on this year yet. It could of changed.

but bet they still have it.

The Caribbean Princess also has the Smokehouse Barbecue in the evenings (I think it was 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm) and had two different menus which alternated (included ribs, chili, chicken wings, brisket, pulled pork).

We enjoyed the ribs on our last cruise which was in mid-February of this year.

The Caribbean Princess also has the Smokehouse Barbecue in the evenings (I think it was 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm) and had two different menus which alternated (included ribs, chili, chicken wings, brisket, pulled pork).

We enjoyed the ribs on our last cruise which was in mid-February of this year.

Many people really do enjoy the ribs! :)

Several of our cruise pals love the ribs and chicken wings and got them for dinner a couple of nights on Caribbean Princess this January.

They did the same when we were with them on Emerald Princess.

Gee, sorry I didn't know about the BBQ at Trident Grill on the CB--we've been on her 3x in the last year! Guess we just assumed it wasn't open at night. Also assume it must be mentioned in the Patter and we just didn't notice even tho we do anytime dining. Look forward to it on our next, as yet unscheduled, cruise! Hubby doesn't like BBQ but he can always get the nearby pizza <g>.