How private are the "private" balconies on the Allure of the Seas?

I guess I am too old for hard deck, or chairs, but a bed and open door so that you can hear the ocean is perfect.

This message could have been a spell check nightmare.. thank goodness the poster is a good speller...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you're next door neighbors aren't around go for it. If they step out onto their balconies and see/hear your intimacy and don't turn around & go back in, then I'd say they're a bit creepy. I mean... there is no way that I step out on my balcony and notice my neighbors are doing the jiggy and just stay there. I'd give 'em a bit of space for awhile. Anything less and I'd feel really strange or creepy.

They prefer Voyeuristic to creepy. At least I heard that is what they prefer. :confused:

:loudcry: I love this thread! I've never laughed so hard on these boards. Huge kudos to the OP for having the guts to start it. Trust me, you aren't the only one wondering the exact same things, so I think there are a lot out there that appreciate it.

Just don't get mad and slam the balcony door if your neighbors (me) are also up enjoying the sunrise (although not enjoying it nearly as much as you are) and do an ESPN worthy play by play of events...

And as a reminder to myself after reading this thread - never use the balcony table for breakfast.

Just don't get mad and slam the balcony door if your neighbors (me) are also up enjoying the sunrise (although not enjoying it nearly as much as you are) and do an ESPN worthy play by play of events...

Mad? I'd buy you drinks.

I've posted this story on another one of these threads, but we had a corner aft on Adventure last year, and the beautiful scenery leaving St. Thomas "inspired" us. I guess you could say we "tipped" the pilot boat for safely guiding us out of the port. Enjoy your balcony, and respect the cabins around you. If someone is despirate enough to catch a glimpse...oh well

We had a balcony on Freedom for our honeymoon...we wore the balcony out!

Like others have said keep the light off your balcony and stay away from the railing and no one can see you unless the physically lean around the partition and look-but way would anyone do that.

I've never gone full out on our balcony....yet...but I will say that cabin location is key. If you happen to be on deck 14 on the Allure then you should be good. We were on 14 in a regular balcony but because there were no cabins above there was quite an overhang that really prevents anyone from looking down and seeing you. Stay closer to the doors and have fun :D

We don't trust the chairs or table. Does not look sturdy enough. We do use the rail. Last cruise we were right at beginning of hump and the angle allowed us to see the first few feet of a lot of balconies. If we can see them, they can see us. So we just tell ourselves, no one is looking and don't worry about it. I don't know anyone in those cabins!

We don't trust the chairs or table. Does not look sturdy enough. We do use the rail. Last cruise we were right at beginning of hump and the angle allowed us to see the first few feet of a lot of balconies. If we can see them, they can see us. So we just tell ourselves, no one is looking and don't worry about it. I don't know anyone in those cabins!

OMG....I sure hope there is no lifting of any kind against those rails!!!:o For those that are not quite as familiar with the ships balcony terminology, you may want to clarify your statement of being "at the beginning of hump...." :'):'):')

Someone's looking for some nookie nookie....

My gf and I got a little handsy on one of our balconies, I forget what ship, but we are a quiet type, as these balconies do not allow much privacy.

Good luck.[/quote

Also ships have cameras so not so private!

My husband and I have booked a junior suite...we will be celebrating our 15th anniversary. We will have a week without our three children and have a desire to have fun and enjoy the late night view, sounds, and scents of the open ocean together...

I had to laugh...my husband and I will also be celebrating our 15th anniversary, and a week without our four children. We booked a room on the hump - a larger balcony for this purpose. Glad to know we won't be the only ones enjoying the magic of the open ocean!:kiss-mark: