How private are the "private" balconies on the Allure of the Seas?

Be careful. On Serenade and Brilliance was in cabin's 1056 2bed/2bath on hump & 9254 & 9654. All three cabins stick way out there and can see into dozens and dozens of balconies next to and all below, some all way to sliding door! Saw couple things day & nite that there didn't realize others could see. Quite the show...

Some are more "private" than others. Sure there's the risk of peeping eyes seeing what they don't want to see, but that's their fault for looking around the divider!

If you want to minimize that, then do as previous posters have suggested. Late at night, all lights off, and safety first!

I'm not trying to be a prude - I like the excitement of "special" places for a little playtime as much as the next guy - but isn't this "activity" considered a no-no by the cruise line?

Officers on watch, on the bridge have decks that extend outward. So, if you see an officer with really big binoculars looking your way, you will know you are being watched. Honestly, if no one is sitting outside next to you and you have a moment, than it's private. If you are concerned about being scene, than don't do it.

Yes, you can have a romantic interlude on balconies no problem. If someone is hanging off the side of the ship peeping in, that's a different story, but generally speaking, no, your neighbors won't see.

I'm not trying to be a prude - I like the excitement of "special" places for a little playtime as much as the next guy - but isn't this "activity" considered a no-no by the cruise line?

No, it's not considered anything by the cruise line. There was a survey published on here a few years ago, I think even commissioned by RCI, and one of the top responses of places to have sex on the ship listed was a balcony.

Not private at all. People can look down. Or around the partitions and all exterior areas are monitored by camera.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not completely true. There is no camera that can cover 100% of the balconies on the ship and complete coverage of each balcony. The main security cameras can only see about the first 12" from the railing back to the cabin.

They are private enough if you don't get too wild or noisy. Just be aware of your surroundings and keep the cabin and balcony lights off. Enjoy yourself.

Spoken like a fellow member of the BC.

Well geez, for years I've apparently had the wrong impression as to why they call certain balconies "hump" balconies. I guess if Royal's going to name them, you might as well use them for their intended purpose.

:'):'):') Exactly!!

I say go for it and cross that item off your list! Most people will NOT peek around their neighbors divider especially if they hear anyone out there anyway. Who would want to be caught looking in on someone else's balcony...even if nothing was going on??? As mentioned, there won't be a lounger, just 2 small chairs and a table. You might have to get creative;p

Honestly, joining the Balcony Club is awesome. How many other chances are you going to have to do it in life? That said, don't expect mind-blowing sex with lots of noise and a crazy time. IMO, it's much more about the novelty of it. Just be quiet, wait until people aren't around, and have fun. :-D

If you're next door neighbors aren't around go for it. If they step out onto their balconies and see/hear your intimacy and don't turn around & go back in, then I'd say they're a bit creepy. I mean... there is no way that I step out on my balcony and notice my neighbors are doing the jiggy and just stay there. I'd give 'em a bit of space for awhile. Anything less and I'd feel really strange or creepy.

Go for it. Its tradition for my wife and I. Will be my third time on the Allure of the seas. No pole work on the rails! Turn out the lights, don't be to loud and HAVE FUN!. We have never noticed anyone and if they saw something good for them. Odds are you will never see them again in your life. You only live once so check that off your list. Now if you have a connecting room with your father and he happens to open the door that is soooooo much worse. It took my wife a good 2 days to speak to him.

BC: Allure of the Seas x2, Celeb Reflection Reflection x3, Liberty of the Seas x2, Majesty of Seas, Carnival Fantasy and Destiny