How private are the "private" balconies on the Allure of the Seas?

Well geez, for years I've apparently had the wrong impression as to why they call certain balconies "hump" balconies. I guess if Royal's going to name them, you might as well use them for their intended purpose.
:')

Note to file: wash balcony table upon embarkation ;p
A very informative thread.

Definitely possible. We took an Allure cruise June 2014 our little guy was born April 2015. Did the balcony on one of allure's standard ocean view cabin have anything to do with it? Maybe not but then again maybe...

Be smart be quiet nobody will bother you. And yes there's a chance that ship cameras can see. If a nosey neighbor stretches their neck around the partition that's their issue not yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's your vacation- enjoy it any way you would like! Personally I do what I like on "my balcony" (mostly sunbathing in alternative swimsuits), and if others insist on "watching out for me so that I don't get too much sun," then I just ignore them. I also enjoy sleeping out on the balcony in the Caribbean breeze, and I've never been bothered. I feel that as long as I am not annoying or judging anyone else, why should they bother or judge me?

I have not had this much fun reading a thread in a long time. I will say that it is very romantic looking out over the open ocean and at 3 or 4 AM it is very very quiet.... and is about as private as it gets. Not that I have every thought about it, BUUUTTTT you might think about moving the furniture to one side and put some towels down on the deck. Furniture can be noisey. :-D

I've posted this story on another one of these threads, but we had a corner aft on Adventure last year, and the beautiful scenery leaving St. Thomas "inspired" us. I guess you could say we "tipped" the pilot boat for safely guiding us out of the port. Enjoy your balcony, and respect the cabins around you. If someone is despirate enough to catch a glimpse...oh well

Wow! I'm impressed! You know I got a picture right????? LOL! :cool:

What's up??????

Wow! I'm impressed! You know I got a picture right????? LOL! :cool:

What's up??????

Mike, Mike, Mike.....Whats up buddy!! LOL! You can blackmail me with that picture all you want. I wear my balcony club pin loud and proud. We are taking the kids on the Freedom in a month, so the balcony "use" will be limited this trip;p I hope all is well with you and the Mrs. Hopefully we cruise together again someday!

Although the pictures of the Quest might make me think twice about caving to some blackmail

Mike, Mike, Mike.....Whats up buddy!! LOL! You can blackmail me with that picture all you want. I wear my balcony club pin loud and proud. We are taking the kids on the Freedom in a month, so the balcony "use" will be limited this trip;p I hope all is well with you and the Mrs. Hopefully we cruise together again someday!

Although the pictures of the Quest might make me think twice about caving to some blackmail

Good to see you still out there cruising! The Mrs. is fine. Our next cruise is on Oasis in October!

We have never tried the balcony club......Not as bold I guess! :halo:

• 4 months later...

We have every intention of joining the BC on our first RC cruise in September. If I heard another couple attempting I would honestly just smile and give them their privacy. It's always nice to know people are enjoying themselves and making the most out of their vacation lol. As for lack of privacy, if anyone happens to catch a peek, well, that's why we work out lol, to not be embarrassed haha

In the travel business, a private balcony simply means that you do not have to share the balcony with another traveler. Cruise ships have cameras. Plenty of cameras. Nothing else to say.

My husband and I have booked a junior suite on the Allure for a cruise this summer. It will be our 1st cruise and we will be celebrating our 15th anniversary. We are rather conservative and modest but without sharing too much, we also enjoy our private time with each other very much. We will have a week without our three children and have a desire to have fun and enjoy the late night view, sounds, and scents of the open ocean together. This would check an item off or our "to do" list, however, while we want to enjoy our access to the balcony we prefer for others not to be part of our time together. Again, no need for details, but are the private balconies private enough for us to enjoy a intimate interlude without fear of prying eyes?

Your bedroom is very private !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those cameras, at least on Oasis class ships, cannot see into most balconies. If you are mid-ship or further back, they are fairly private.

Otherwise, we would have been in camera a few times. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this thread. We will probably have to resort to extra curricular activities on our balcony due to our 8 year old being in the room. [emoji483] to hoping you (and we) get a little balcony privacy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought that was what the kids club was for ;p Mom and dad get some alone time.

In the travel business, a private balcony simply means that you do not have to share the balcony with another traveler. Cruise ships have cameras. Plenty of cameras. Nothing else to say.

They see down the side of the ship, not into the balconies. I'm sure the crew has seen plenty of people staring longingly at the sea...

My husband and I have booked a junior suite on the Allure for a cruise this summer. It will be our 1st cruise and we will be celebrating our 15th anniversary. We are rather conservative and modest but without sharing too much, we also enjoy our private time with each other very much. We will have a week without our three children and have a desire to have fun and enjoy the late night view, sounds, and scents of the open ocean together. This would check an item off or our "to do" list, however, while we want to enjoy our access to the balcony we prefer for others not to be part of our time together. Again, no need for details, but are the private balconies private enough for us to enjoy a intimate interlude without fear of prying eyes?
If you were in a central park or boardwalk balcony, I'd say go for it....

Otherwise I wouldn't want the dolphins to watch... That'd be weird.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Captain can see all from his side extensions on the bridge and anyone can lean over next door to you and get an eye full.

• 10 months later...