How private are the "private" balconies on the Allure of the Seas?

Many, many years ago, wife and I shared a cabin with my sister so had no privacy. So we would wander around the ship late at night looking for a "private" area. Was quite a challenge and we gave up.

This thread brought back memories though. Each time we got a little cozy, a security guy would come wandering by. Or some other crew member. Was quite amusing at the time and I still laugh about it.

My experience of balconies is that they are not that private. Noise is a bigger problem than whether your balcony can be overlooked although some are visible from higher above. Solution is to use a blanket and keep the noise down if you are that keen. Personally, I prefer the privacy of the cabin.

Shhhh....be vewy vewy qwiet....otherwise....

be prepared to hear a "Well, I'd give that an 8.7" if I hear you. Did that once at an apartment complex I lived in where a couple was having at it late at night with the windows open. Heard lots of laughter after my "score" and then the window slammed shut. You never know how many others are "witness" to your late night shenanigans. ;p:D

In the travel business, a private balcony simply means that you do not have to share the balcony with another traveler. Cruise ships have cameras. Plenty of cameras. Nothing else to say.

I wonder if the cruise lines would like to offer videos along with their other pictures. They would be great for sharing with family and friends back home! ;)

It would be similar to those candid photos taken on roller coasters, etc.

Not private at all. People can look down. Or around the partitions and all exterior areas are monitored by camera.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not me, but over the years seen(unfortunately) THINGS, on the Balcony, in the Hot Tub, at Labadee... Not lately but over the years been a few issues while in Port on their Balcony causing legal issues, that I'd avoid...

Shhhh....be vewy vewy qwiet....otherwise....

be prepared to hear a "Well, I'd give that an 8.7" if I hear you. Did that once at an apartment complex I lived in where a couple was having at it late at night with the windows open. Heard lots of laughter after my "score" and then the window slammed shut. You never know how many others are "witness" to your late night shenanigans. ;p:D

LOL, I actually did this to a couple, only I included that the lost points for the dismount.

Edited by aeonix01

In the travel business, a private balcony simply means that you do not have to share the balcony with another traveler. Cruise ships have cameras. Plenty of cameras. Nothing else to say.

The majority of the cameras, and there may be exceptions, but I haven't seen them, can't see past the outer foot of your balcony.

Enjoy yourself! Your neighbor will be jealous!

Did it cross your mind that your neighbor might be teens??? I purchase two balcony cabins for my family, as I’m sure many others do. The though of them or other kids “exposed” to your indulgence isn’t just wrong, I’m pretty sure it’s illegal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband being the engineer he is came up with a fantastic solution to the balcony issue. I wear the robe backwards he wears it normal, tie them together , then it just looks like your both enjoying the sea and the stars. Only time we’ve had eves dropping was when we left the door open and just the curtain sheer over the door. We learned after that.

Did it cross your mind that your neighbor might be teens??? I purchase two balcony cabins for my family, as I’m sure many others do. The though of them or other kids “exposed” to your indulgence isn’t just wrong, I’m pretty sure it’s illegal...

I'm really curious. Just what law(s) do you think are being broken?

My husband being the engineer he is came up with a fantastic solution to the balcony issue. I wear the robe backwards he wears it normal, tie them together , then it just looks like your both enjoying the sea and the stars. Only time we’ve had eves dropping was when we left the door open and just the curtain sheer over the door. We learned after that.

Hold on scribbling that one down in crayon for the future

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm going to second this. Which laws would be broken?

It's not illegal for anyone to overhear your adventures.

It's not illegal to adventure where the only way it is possible for someone to see is if they have to go out of their way to see it by being a peeping tom.

It's not illegal to adventure where you generally have an expectation that people can't see you, even if that happens to be in the open air.

My DW and I are members of the BC. We are certainly not exhibitionists. There are plenty of opportunities to join the club without offending your balcony neighbors. Not that difficult to pick the right moment and to keep the volume down.....

One of life's great experiences!!