Price increase?

oceaniacruiserri

I'm compelled to comment on this conversation.

Let's guess you can do an upscale cruise for $500 per day (two people). To make it simple let's forget about tips, drinks and misc expenses.

Just try to spend a few days in a large American city. A hotel and 3 meals per day can't be done for $500 a day. It can't be done. Think about it and you'll find that the upscale cruise is a real value.

???

Maybe not in parts of Manhattan.

There are many American cities where you can get a 4* hotel room as large as a cruise ship cabin for $200 and spend $100 pp for food to eat pretty well.

The obvious short answer to your long post is - book a cruise onboard, even if it is a holder booking.

That way you will get the lowest price guarantee even after final payment (in addition to the other benefits). Price goes up - you're good; price goes down - you're even better :D

You change your mind or can't go - cancel and you'll only lose the $100 that you got as OBC.

How can you lose?

Our Christmas holiday Caribbean cruise went down ~25% from original posting. We are paying, of course, the lower price.

Truth be told, if you are reasonably happy now with a cruise that costs $500 per week for two people, there is probably never going to be a magic moment when you suddenly consider Oceania to be ''worth it", short of winning the lottery.

Different products appeal to different people........that is the glory of Capitalism ;p

We're working out way up there by sailing Royal Caribbean now, but I won't pay more than $500 per week per person. Then there's all the taxes and port feels and tips, brings it up a notch. See you in 25 years, maybe! :p

Truth be told, if you are reasonably happy now with a cruise that costs $500 per week for two people, there is probably never going to be a magic moment when you suddenly consider Oceania to be ''worth it", short of winning the lottery. Different products appeal to different people........that is the glory of Capitalism ;p

We're working out way up there by sailing Royal Caribbean now, but I won't pay more than $500 per week per person. Then there's all the taxes and port feels and tips, brings it up a notch. See you in 25 years, maybe! :p:beer-mug:(yn):ship:

Are these guys trolls? I think it’s great you’re happy with cruises for less than $500/ week each. Great! Then why come here making snide remarks?

There are cruise lines I can’t ( don’t choose to)afford, but I don’t troll their Boards!

I have had my eye on 3 cruise options for next November. Fares remained the same, but option to upgrade to premium economy for European flights for just $199 has gone away for all of 2018. Now it is only available for select 2019 itineraries.

The obvious short answer to your long post is - book a cruise onboard, even if it is a holder booking.

That way you will get the lowest price guarantee even after final payment (in addition to the other benefits). Price goes up - you're good; price goes down - you're even better :D

You change your mind or can't go - cancel and you'll only lose the $100 that you got as OBC.

How can you lose?

Paul, if you book a cruise onboard and you change it to another cruise later, but maintain the same booking number (I assume you can do that), does the lowest price guarantee transfer to the new cruise?

Paul, if you book a cruise onboard and you change it to another cruise later, but maintain the same booking number (I assume you can do that), does the lowest price guarantee transfer to the new cruise?

I believe that it does but as we are on the Nauitca now, I will ask the O ambassador and get back to you with her answer.

Ken - here is the answer from the O ambassador.

If you change your onboard booked cruise to a different one, it will be a new booking number but will retain the deposit and the best price guarantee. The new booking will have the promotions associated with the new booking at the time of booking (whatever they may be) and the discount may be different than the original (i.e. if the length of the new booking is shorter than original one, then the discount will be less, etc).

I hope that this helps.

If you change your onboard booked cruise to a different one, it will be a new booking number but will retain the deposit and the best price guarantee. The new booking will have the promotions associated with the new booking at the time of booking (whatever they may be) and the discount may be different than the original (i.e. if the length of the new booking is shorter than original one, then the discount will be less, etc).

I hope that this helps.

Sounds great. Thanks Paul for finding out the details for me!

If one purchases a Future Cruise Certifiable, they likewise get the lowest price guarantee. Booking a FCC eliminates having to cancel a placeholder, plus it doesn’t take inventory from cruisers that actually want that cruise. Oceania came out with the FCC, with all its identical perks, to eliminate placeholder reservations which were bogging down their system.

I was told by an O Ambassador that a couple knuckle head Ambassadors sold out all the PH and above cabins, months in advance and let only waitlists. Come final payment, most all those cabins were dumped back on O!

I hope that this helps.

Who's the ambassador?

If one purchases a Future Cruise Certifiable, they likewise get the lowest price guarantee. Booking a FCC eliminates having to cancel a placeholder, plus it doesn’t take inventory from cruisers that actually want that cruise. Oceania came out with the FCC, with all its identical perks, to eliminate placeholder reservations which were bogging down their system.

I was told by an O Ambassador that a couple knuckle head Ambassadors sold out all the PH and above cabins, months in advance and let only waitlists. Come final payment, most all those cabins were dumped back on O!

Completely agree. The only way we would cancel or move a reservation is if something came up which would cause us to do so. Do you get the $100 OBC when you buy a FCC? As I remember if you don't use it within 2 years it expires and you don't get your refund back. Is that still the case?

Completely agree. The only way we would cancel or move a reservation is if something came up which would cause us to do so. Do you get the $100 OBC when you buy a FCC? As I remember if you don't use it within 2 years it expires and you don't get your refund back. Is that still the case?

We bought one a while back and yes, you do get the onboard OBC on your current cruise. The deposit amount is also different. At least when we did ours. I think it was $350 per person as opposed to $250 when you pick a cruise.

We bought one a while back and yes, you do get the onboard OBC on your current cruise. The deposit amount is also different. At least when we did ours. I think it was $350 per person as opposed to $250 when you pick a cruise.

That is correct.

Carol Harrington.

We have not met her before.

Neither have we, that's a new name for us. When we were on Nautica this past summer Celia was onboard. We really liked her.

Neither have we, that's a new name for us. When we were on Nautica this past summer Celia was onboard. We really liked her.

Lots of new people on Oceania.

I am told (by good authority) that Viking lured over three CDs from Oceania - unfortunately Leslie Jon being one of them :(

Just noticed yesterday that my cruise in July 2019 on Riviera (Athens - Israel - Rome) was reduced by $550 per person (Category B3)! My travel agent changed it for me today...happy to be saving $1100!

It's always good to check on a regular basis...I never trust my travel agent to do it...

Shawn

Lots of new people on Oceania.

I am told (by good authority) that Viking lured over three CDs from Oceania - unfortunately Leslie Jon being one of them :(

Just spoke to Leslie, (he is in China, right now) and he says that he is staying with Oceania.

Thank you, Jesus!

103726.jpg