Price increase?

oceaniacruiserri

• 5 weeks later...
The price increase may be due to the Olife inclusions.

For most cruises you can get a cruise only fare without O Life. So you have to look at that also to see which way is best for you.

There were price increases up the kazoo this first day of July.

81 kazoos to be exact, as follows:

Insignia: 13 trips increased between 2.5% and 11.5% in Cat B1, $100, $200, or $300.

Marina: 13 trips increased between 1.4% and 11.8% in Cat B1, $100, $150, $200 or $250 - messing with my head with these $50 increments - but the 11.8% increase was 2019 Papeete round trip at $650 for a Cat B1.

Nautica: 11 trips increased between 0.7% and 5.5% in cat B1. $100, $150, $200, $250 or $400.

Regatta: 7 trips increased between 2.0 and 2.8% in Cat B1. $100 or $200 only.

Riviera: 14 trips increased between 1.6% and 4.4% in Cat B1. All $100 except for two 2017 trips that are $200, Venice to Rome and Rome to Monte Carlo.

Sirena: 23 trips between 1.4% and 16.7% in Cat B1. The larger increases here are Miami round-trips because anything Cuba is selling like arepas!

======

Also note that Regatta, July 6, Awe of Alaska, appears to be off the books. This could have happened much earlier, and even be mentioned somewhere on this forum before. But I'm just noticing it now.

http://rollcall.*****.com/rollcall.php?trip=5391

Thankyou for the information. 81 sailings out of 421 isn't so bad. None of the cruises I've booked increased or decreased along with others I'm watching. I have notice several cruises with reductions for 2017 in balcony categories and above. Interior/ oceanviews remain as is (since they are already waitlisted/closed.

11 sailings have also been promoted as Olife choice plus with special (reduced) pricing.

I do find the opening prices of O alot fairer than other lines. I think its the reverse philosophy. Increases prices as the dates draw closer. to encourage as many people to book early as possible.

I found it quite interesting that a cruise I was booked on for November this year (switched this for an august cruise) increased again in this round. Even though majority of categories are wait listed or closed. Increasing a cruise that is mostly sold out isn't really increasing your base price. Its only diverting/ encouraging new customers to other dates that didn't increase hence filling the empty rooms.

There are multiple reasons to this strategy. It suits me as I like to book early at a reasonable price point. A refreshing break from other lines that price high and constantly decrease.

I thought I'd noticed large price increases this year for UK customers but we're not cruising with O so I hadn't checked. I'm having a clear out and came on a flyer from O for last year. The Baltic cruise we did in August last year was advertising veranda staterooms from £2,633pp with $500pp shipboard credit. Just checked the website and the equivalent cruise this year is £5,539 for the same category with no O Life perks. There is, however, plenty of availability.

Up until now I've though O represented good value for us, all things considered. Now I'm not so sure. Fortunately we're land and river based this year, so far.

There was another price increase thread a while back to which I contributed. Even though UK customers are billed in sterling, there is a dollar base behind that of course. Some increase is inevitable following the significant crash in the sterling/dollor exchange rate but that goes no way to explaining the sort of increase described by SellaVee - that's a 100% increase, when the exchange rate has gone down by around a not insignificant 15%. How on earth can Oceania justify it?

FWIW, our concierge level cabin for our coming 12 night cruise was around £4500. A very expensive holiday that we could only justify to ourselves on the basis of we are celebrating an occasion. It's been booked for many months and if, in the meantime, prices have increased further, I suspect this will be a one-off trip with Oceania.

I wish they would price in Canadian dollars for the Canadian market. The other cruise lines seem able to do so.

Mia

Oceania does price some cruises in CDN dollars. The only problem is you have to contact them from the rates. On their website a CDN flag will appear if there is CDN pricing. We booked with a US TA because of the extra OBC and pre paid gratuities and discounted price.

On our cruise the price is the same, the CDN dollar has increased a little but still not that much.

I wish they would price in Canadian dollars for the Canadian market. The other cruise lines seem able to do so.

Mia

Just ask them for CAD rate

slightly smaller exchange rate than the bank but when you spend as much on an O cruise it can be a nice savings

Oceania does price some cruises in CDN dollars. The only problem is you have to contact them from the rates. On their website a CDN flag will appear if there is CDN pricing. We booked with a US TA because of the extra OBC and pre paid gratuities and discounted price.

On our cruise the price is the same, the CDN dollar has increased a little but still not that much.

I know I can request the price in Canadian dollars, but It seems too much work to contact someone each time when you are just scanning itineraries. It implies a certain commitment to spend time on the phone to an agent when all I want is some information. A waste of my time and theirs

Mia

Our September cruise had gone up from when we booked on board last October £800 pp when I checked in June, now it is £1090 pp more but waitlisted. I only kept a note for the B3 grade so don't know if they have all gone up. A lot of grades are now waitlisted.

THIS SEPT CRUISE ON MARINA FOR 12 NIGHTS has offers on where the B4-A1 are cheaper than inside cabins.(apologise for poor copy..)

A1 - Concierge Level Veranda£8,039 £3,150 A2 - Concierge Level Veranda£7,889 £3,060 / 26AVAILABLEA3 - Concierge Level Veranda£7,849 £3,036 / 26AVAILABLEA4 - Concierge Level Veranda£7,809 £3,012 / 26AVAILABLEB1 - Veranda Stateroom£7,649 £2,916/ 26AVAILABLEB2 - Veranda Stateroom£7,609 £2,892, 26AVAILABLEB3 - Veranda Stateroom£7,569 £2,868/ 26AVAILABLEB4 - Veranda Stateroom£7,529 £2,844/ 26GUARANTEEDOcean ViewC - Deluxe Ocean View£6,979 £4,029/ 22AVAILABLEInside StateroomsF - Inside Stateroom£6,279 £3,329, / 16WAIT LISTG - Inside Stateroom£6,119 £3,169/ 16WAIT LIST

Edited by janecambridge

The June, 2018 Baltic cruise which we had a deposit for months on a waitlist category, went up by 11% on July 1st even though they had our deposit for months. Sorry, while I understand "capacity controlled" pricing, I'm cancelling this cruise and switching to Celebrity. From what I've been reading the price increases for Baltic cruises (which have limited cruise periods due to weather) has increased enormously in the last 2 years.

U.S. fares are the same today as on July 1 as far as I can tell.

If you want me to check the history of any one cruise, I can do that for you. (It can't be a back-to-back, though, because I don't track those.)

I may take you up on that offer in a few months. It's early days yet for Nov 2018. But I enjoy thinking about it. Thanks!

I just checked our three O cruises. June 2018 Alaska booked Dec 2017 is a concierge aft cabin and increased $600/cabin. Our October 2018 Panama Canal concierge aft cabin booked earlier this year is the same price as is our April 2019 Transatlantic Veranda on Marina.

I suspect the $300pp increase on our Alaska cruise is a function of cabins being booked and not the July 1 touted price increase.

Out of curiosity I thought I'd check the current fares for our next two cruises. But yesterday and today I simply cannot access the website. I've used Firefox and IE to no avail.

Am I the only one having this problem?:

IT TURNS OUT I MAY BE. I MAY HAVE BEEN CLICKING ON THE WRONGT URL ...

Edited by Mura

Out of curiosity I thought I'd check the current fares for our next two cruises. But yesterday and today I simply cannot access the website. I've used Firefox and IE to no avail.

Am I the only one having this problem?:

No problem here using FF

maybe see if you clear your cookies for the site if it will work then

• 1 month later...