Price increase?

oceaniacruiserri

To "drib" I see you are in California and I assume you got these from the US site but when I click on the links, it opens up in Canadian dollar pricing.

Because the Oceania site knows we are in Canada & relays us to the CAD pricing

Some sites can tell by our ISP where were are

Did we not have a big thread on this problem recently :halo:

you decide what you will pay. I only book a cruise when and if the place, dates, and price work for me. There are so many cruises to choose from. You make the choices based on what you value. Keep calm, relax, and never feel pressured into paying more than you want. The only time that I feel any pressure is when I am booking as part of a friends/family trip. Even then I decide if that cruise works for me. I never spend more than I can afford. I don't pick cruises that sail to ports that I don't want to visit. I refuse to sail to some places for personal reasons....politics, too many sea days, weather, ship, cruise line etc. I will not book any cruise that sails in a place during hurricane season. I have become very flexible waiting until after final payments are due. Since I am retired, booking on short notice can work. I have an excellent TA who knows what I like. He often offers very good unpublished rates. Many are less than the rates on a cruise line website or in a brochure.

• 1 month later...
Its called inflation, and reality. When is the last time you saw prices on anything go down ? Seriously it is to be expected in life;p

Welcome back. Glad to see you are posting again. Be nice to spar with you. :):):)

I found 1164 fare changes to 75 trips since I last checked.

I don't have time for details today, but offhand, I'd say they were mostly increases, but there may have been some decreases on Nautica for the Far East.

Drib's site is a great place to see how O's fares have increased and decreased. Also you can see the same for Crystal and Regent.

http://rollcall.*****.com/farecompare.php?line=oceania&ship=insignia

Agree. Those decreases are the non-Cuba Caribbeans that are not selling well. Nautica close in Far East segments seem never to sell well and are always discounted from initial offering.

Drib's site is a great place to see how O's fares have increased and decreased. Also you can see the same for Crystal and Regent.

http://rollcall.*****.com/farecompare.php?line=oceania&ship=insignia

Agree. Those decreases are the non-Cuba Caribbeans that are not selling well. Nautica close in Far East segments seem never to sell well and are always discounted from initial offering.

Thanks Paul and drib. That is a great tool to check, especially for me, considering that Oceania Canadian website still doesn't work. Been told it could be months before it is functional.

Catherine

The Cruise I took this year Miami to Barcelona on Rivera ,I have just re booked the same cruise for 2018 and it is over $1300 .00 Per person more ,

My question is are Oceania going to drop the price before final payment ??

Thanks Paul and drib. That is a great tool to check, especially for me, considering that Oceania Canadian website still doesn't work. Been told it could be months before it is functional.

Catherine

I gave up on O website, I do my "shopping" (searching, dreaming, planning) elsewhere and those elsewhere places naturally display more than just O's offerings. I think it was not good decision to roll out the modified website before it was functional, never mind not making improvements, such as viewing more than one cruise details at a time w/o having to reload from the start (truly dumb) but maybe they are stuck with that due to basic design (flaw).

The Cruise I took this year Miami to Barcelona on Rivera ,I have just re booked the same cruise for 2018 and it is over $1300 .00 Per person more ,

My question is are Oceania going to drop the price before final payment ??

I can't say for marketing in the UK but for USA/Canada likely no. They usually do not offer a blanket lower price but market lower prices to a select group, i.e. based on residency, or promotional road shows, etc. Or might bump up the O-life offerings. Might do the same in UK but sorry I have no experience on that.

• 1 month later...
It's a business. They will charge what the market will pay. This should not shock or surprise anyone

Their business is NOT to provide an "affordable " cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes it's called dynamic pricing.

We just booked 13 months out for our first Oceania cruise because of destination, While the price is a bit expensive, we will live with it. We just came off an X B2B and although we are elite plus, we have pretty much used up all the destinations they offer on our bucket list, so sometimes you have to pay for what you want,

The X B2B, in Canada, swung back and forth more than $4,500 per pax (no change in perks), in the 11 months we had the booking.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, the fare on our April Nautica cruise went down significantly. Very upsetting and they won't refund. Not so sure I'm a fan of booking early. Unless you positively absolutely must have a specific cabin, I'd keep waiting for a better deal. It seems like a counter intuitive business practice. Also wonder why this cruise was wait listed in all categories but now has many openings in almost every category. This combined with full payment 121 days out is really making me reconsider Oceania.

Unfortunately, the fare on our April Nautica cruise went down significantly. Very upsetting and they won't refund. Not so sure I'm a fan of booking early. Unless you positively absolutely must have a specific cabin, I'd keep waiting for a better deal. It seems like a counter intuitive business practice. Also wonder why this cruise was wait listed in all categories but now has many openings in almost every category. This combined with full payment 121 days out is really making me reconsider Oceania.

I don’t think you can make absolute statements like this. Sometimes the fare goes down but other times it goes up and you would be happy that you booked early.

Obviously it depends on how popular the cruise is - which is hard to predict.

If it’s not selling well, they will lower the price to fill the ship; conversely, it it’s selling out fast, they will increase the price.

This makes perfect business sense (for Oceania, if not for you :))

Example - we booked our 3/24 Nautica cruise in April 2017. It now costs exactly the same for our category but the offer now has only 8 excursions instead of 10 and DOES NOT have 3 day pre or post cruise package valued at $700/pp. So booking early was very good for us - about $1000/pp better :)

Edited by Paulchili

Sometimes the fare goes down but other times it goes up and you would be happy that you booked early. Obviously it depends on how popular the cruise is...this makes perfect business sense (for Oceania, if not for you :))

Oceania is a business, not a charity, just like every other cruiseline. They need to make money to pay their employees, maintain the ships and keep the shareholders (like me) happy.

Cruise prices are all about supply and demand, but I've found that booking early is beneficial most of the time on any cruiseline. The 2019 world cruise prices just increased $1,000pp in all categories and because the demand is high for this cruise, I doubt it will ever decrease. We booked on the first day it opened so we could get the lowest price, a room we wanted and all the best perks. That proved a good thing because not only has the price increased but a couple of the perks have lessened (number of shore excursions or OBC).

Some cruises are waitlisted and then open up when a group booking pulls out. That happened to us on a recent cruise. Ocenaia allows the group to hold cabins for a period of time even if there is no name associated with them. At a certain point if the cruise it not selling well enough for the group they may pull out all together or return cabins back to inventory.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A query please about prices and changing cabins.

Have a cruise booked (not booked whilst onboard a previous cruise).

There is availability showing in the category I booked but the price has increased.

Can you change to another cabin of the same category and retain your previous price ?

The perks have remained the same.

Thanks.

A query please about prices and changing cabins.

Have a cruise booked (not booked whilst onboard a previous cruise).

There is availability showing in the category I booked but the price has increased.

Can you change to another cabin of the same category and retain your previous price ?

The perks have remained the same.

Thanks.

As long as there is availability in your Category, changes stay at the same price. :halo:

Wow...

Our last O cruise was a month ago. We travel 3-4 times per year and I'm well aware that costs are going up everywhere, but when it gets way upward of $500 a night it gives me pause. $500 a night when it includes air and wonderful meals is very doable. Way over that and we may be cutting back. I guess I'm too frugal for my own good:rolleyes:

Sent from my iPad using Forums

$500 a night, in a mega suite or what? No thanks I'll take my inside cabin for $500 for the entire week. Seeing what the skinny is on Oceania and what folks are hyped about, but this will have to wait. (yn):beer-mug::ship:

I'll take my inside cabin for $500 for the entire week.

Truth be told, if you are reasonably happy now with a cruise that costs $500 per week for two people, there is probably never going to be a magic moment when you suddenly consider Oceania to be ''worth it", short of winning the lottery.

Different products appeal to different people........that is the glory of Capitalism ;p

I'm compelled to comment on this conversation.

Let's guess you can do an upscale cruise for $500 per day (two people). To make it simple let's forget about tips, drinks and misc expenses.

Just try to spend a few days in a large American city. A hotel and 3 meals per day can't be done for $500 a day. It can't be done. Think about it and you'll find that the upscale cruise is a real value.