2018/2019 Cruises - Anyone heard any news of when they'll be announced?

chamima

Yay! Booked the Royal Pacific Coastal - been on our bucket list for ages. It wouldn't let me use our FCC from the Princess UK website so I had to call up and get Princess to apply it post-hold.

Sandra

Just received confirmation from our TA that we are booked for the 1/5/19 sailing on the Royal.

For some odd reason, our deposit was only $176.00.

We haven't been on the Royal since it's inaugural Caribbean season, can't wait to see her again.

I'd love to be on the first ever sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge of Royal Princess and her maiden arrival into San Francisco. :hearteyes: I wonder if she'll have a noon arrival or two full days? I can hear the Love Boat horns blowing now!!! :D It will be nice to be back "home" again after an absence of what will then be 5-1/2 years...

:cool:

Dave...they're available & we've made our reservation for what they're calling a "Wine Country Coastal"...LA to SD (0700-1800), overnight in SF (0700 until 1400 the next day), Seattle (1100-2000) and arriving in Vancouver 7 days later. That's another visit to my first cruise ship that's now a museum in SD, a long SF visit and day in Seattle . :D

If I recall correctly from reading other posts, Alaska cruises for summer 2019 may be available to book around December & we'll consider remaining onboard to Whittier. ;)

Yay! Booked the Royal Pacific Coastal - been on our bucket list for ages. It wouldn't let me use our FCC from the Princess UK website so I had to call up and get Princess to apply it post-hold.

Sandra

Several years ago we sailed this Wine Country Coastal with a slightly different itinerary but we're very excited to be sailing it again and not having to fly long distances to sail on the Royal again. :D

Just received confirmation from our TA that we are booked for the 1/5/19 sailing on the Royal.

For some odd reason, our deposit was only $176.00.

We haven't been on the Royal since it's inaugural Caribbean season, can't wait to see her again.

I'm looking forward to sailing the Royal after having sailed on the Regal! That is an interesting deposit. Is it refundable or non refundable? I have to wait until $5/22 $1 deposit day.

If I recall correctly from reading other posts, Alaska cruises for summer 2019 may be available to book around December & we'll consider remaining onboard to Whittier. ;)

Just realize you can't book an LA to Vancouver to Whittier cruise. You must disembark in Vancouver. You can stay on for another week and then get off in Vancouver for a B2B2B.

Just realize you can't book an LA to Vancouver to Whittier cruise. You must disembark in Vancouver. You can stay on for another week and then get off in Vancouver for a B2B2B.

Coral is correct unless you are able to stay in Vancouver for the night and catch another ship heading to Whittier. We did this in reverse. We left Whittier, ended in Vancouver spent 2 nights and caught a different ship that took us back down to SFO.

Same thing happened when some people had a b2b booked on a Classic Canada. They were originally supposed to leave and return to NY but for some reason had to return to NJ...so when the ship arrived in Quebec several had to get off and stay in a hotel and then board the ship again the next day.

Coral is correct unless you are able to stay in Vancouver for the night and catch another ship heading to Whittier. We did this in reverse. We left Whittier, ended in Vancouver spent 2 nights and caught a different ship that took us back down to SFO.

Same thing happened when some people had a b2b booked on a Classic Canada. They were originally supposed to leave and return to NY but for some reason had to return to NJ...so when the ship arrived in Quebec several had to get off and stay in a hotel and then board the ship again the next day.

DRAT!!! :eek: I've never been affected by the archaic PVSA & wondered if ending a cruise in Vancouver from LA and taking the same ship on another cruise to Alaska was legal which based on your information is not allowed. :loudcry:

It's time to consider a Plan B which is doubtful to be a good option for us. :(

Thanks to both of you for the information.

DRAT!!! :eek: I've never been affected by the archaic PVSA & wondered if ending a cruise in Vancouver from LA and taking the same ship on another cruise to Alaska was legal which based on your information is not allowed. :loudcry:

It's time to consider a Plan B which is doubtful to be a good option for us. :(

Thanks to both of you for the information.

Hopefully you can find another ship that leaves a day or 2 after you arrive in Vancouver. When we did this we also splurged and did the princess hotel which at that time was the Pan Pacific (right on top of the dock). We got off the one ship, got our luggage, went through customs and a greeter was there took all our bags and said they will be in your rooms. We went and checked in at the hotel and poof bags were there. Then the day we boarded the 2nd ship the bellman came up and said you can begin boarding now if you like and I will take your bags to the ship...we said ok...he took them away about an hour or so later we went down, boarded the ship and bags were in our cabin later on...I felt like such royalty! lol

Hopefully you can find another ship that leaves a day or 2 after you arrive in Vancouver. When we did this we also splurged and did the princess hotel which at that time was the Pan Pacific (right on top of the dock). We got off the one ship, got our luggage, went through customs and a greeter was there took all our bags and said they will be in your rooms. We went and checked in at the hotel and poof bags were there. Then the day we boarded the 2nd ship the bellman came up and said you can begin boarding now if you like and I will take your bags to the ship...we said ok...he took them away about an hour or so later we went down, boarded the ship and bags were in our cabin later on...I felt like such royalty! lol

Appreciate the information & was hoping to sail the Royal to Alaska which isn't an option.

We'll look at other options when 2019 Alaskan cruises become available on all cruise lines to decide if it's cost effective for us to sail to Alaska again or to just fly home from VYR. We're very happy with the Wine Country Coastal form LA to Vancouver but sad that the archaic PVSA prevents us from sailing the Royal to Alaska. :(

I'm looking forward to sailing the Royal after having sailed on the Regal! That is an interesting deposit. Is it refundable or non refundable? I have to wait until $5/22 $1 deposit day.

The invoice looks exactly like all of the others from my TA, nothing says non-refundable.

When I asked him about the deposit amount, he told me that it must have been a promotional early booking deal, and Princess told him to charge $174, so he "went with it".

The booking is already in my personalizer, so it must be Kosher.

I now have nearly 600 days to find a better deal.

The invoice looks exactly like all of the others from my TA, nothing says non-refundable.

When I asked him about the deposit amount, he told me that it must have been a promotional early booking deal, and Princess told him to charge $174, so he "went with it".

The booking is already in my personalizer, so it must be Kosher.

I now have nearly 600 days to find a better deal.

Awesome!!!!

Dave...they're available & we've made our reservation for what they're calling a "Wine Country Coastal"...LA to SD (0700-1800), overnight in SF (0700 until 1400 the next day), Seattle (1100-2000) and arriving in Vancouver 7 days later. That's another visit to my first cruise ship that's now a museum in SD, a long SF visit and day in Seattle . :D

Hi Frank! I'm booking mine Monday. Already left credit card info and cabin pick with my TA in case I get tied up at work. Really love the itinerary with the two lazy sea days. It'll be nice getting back to San Diego too, spent some time there when one of the ships I was stationed on (USS Shasta) went into overhaul down at the 32nd Street Naval Base. Can't wait to tour MIDWAY. It's been a while but, tourist traps in San Francisco and Seattle here I come! This is going to be fun!!! :D

:cool: