Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Does anyone have a feel for what specialty restaurant will replace Moderno for the complimentary Platinum dinner? Only 2 weeks out from being able to book dining reservations and have been unable to find information on the NCL website. Thanks
I'm hoping for Los Lobos. I asked the Cruise Next Manager on the Dawn a couple of weeks ago, and he said it hadn't been decided yet. He said he talked daily with Carolina, the Cruise Next Manager for the Bliss.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So, what exactly happens during a float out? Will it be outside from now on? Will we get to se it? I remember seeing a video of the Joy.

The float out at Meyer Werft is the day the ship finally leaves the building hall and moves into the shipyard harbor. Outside they only add parts which are to high to mount inside like the funnel.

steamboats

Nope... certainly not in the classic sense. It doesn’t appear on the deck plans.

No basketball court? Even the smallest ships have courts and a good place for guys from age 10-50 shoot hoops. Playing competitively, socially to meet other teens or just something to do with Dad.

Does anyone have a feel for what specialty restaurant will replace Moderno for the complimentary Platinum dinner? Only 2 weeks out from being able to book dining reservations and have been unable to find information on the NCL website. Thanks

Yes. We are on the inaugural and they are offering Teppanyaki in place of Moderno.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The float out at Meyer Werft is the day the ship finally leaves the building hall and moves into the shipyard harbor. Outside they only add parts which are to high to mount inside like the funnel.

steamboats

The last time ever that the Bliss will ever be “in doors” is is not?

Here’s the Meyer Werft press release for the float-out...

New-build will probably leave the building dock on 17 February.

The Norwegian Bliss will probably be leaving the covered building dock at the MeyerWerft on Saturday, 17 February 2018.

The float-out is scheduled to start at about 8 am. Possible delays or changes may be caused by the weather.

After leaving the building dock, the Norwegian Bliss will berth at the shipyard's out-fitting pier to be fitted with its funnel. The ship will then remain in the shipyard port until its passage through the river Ems up to the North Sea, which is scheduled for the second weekend in March. In the meantime, further outfitting work will continue together with testing and acceptance procedures by the ship owners. At the same time, the approx. 1,600 members of the crew will start their training on board, as the cruise ship will be welcoming its first guests mid April 2018 straight after delivery.

For the Norwegian Bliss to be able to berth at the out-fitting pier, the first floating section of the AIDAnova that is currently moored here will have to be moved to another berth in the shipyard port. The second floating part for this ship which is currently also in building dock II in front of the Norwegian Bliss will leave the dock already on 16 February 2018 to berth in the shipyard port. After the Norwegian Bliss has vacated building dock II, the two floating parts of the AIDAnova will be manoeuvred back into the dock for work to continue.

Due to all the necessary manoeuvres in the shipyard port, Papenburg dock gate will be closed from approx. 4 pm on Friday 16 February 2018 until about 8 am on Sunday, 18 February 2018.

All times are subject to the weather.

Watch the ship leaving the dock on a webcam at http://www.meyerwerft.de .

The Norwegian Bliss is rated with 167,800 GRT, measuring 334 metres in length and 41.4 metres in width and offers capacity for 3,998 passengers.

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_27905.jsp

Yes. We are on the inaugural and they are offering Teppanyaki in place of Moderno.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would love if this is true for our sailings, but with the limited availability of seating in Teppanyaki, I won't count on it. Maybe the Canal sailing with 15 days can do it, but I doubt that the 7 day Alaska can...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Choice A - Go-karts are for an additional fee.

Choice B - Go-karts are complimentary but NCL raises the cruise fare for every passenger by $50.

Which would you prefer?

(nothing on a cruise is free)

The fact that the karts are displacing other included activities, it’s possible it’s “Choice C - operation as usual.”

The fact that the karts are displacing other included activities, it’s possible it’s “Choice C - operation as usual.”

It wouldn't be "operation as usual" since it cost much more to build, operate, and maintain a go-kart track instead of a basketball court. That cost is going to either be paid by all guests or by those who use the karts. It's either A or B.

It wouldn't be "operation as usual" since it cost much more to build, operate, and maintain a go-kart track instead of a basketball court. That cost is going to either be paid by all guests or by those who use the karts. It's either A or B.

It’s also displacing a ropes course.

The firefighter asked about basketball.

Either way, the track is more expensive. The cost has to be paid one way or the other.

It’s tough to compare one ship’s activities to another in regards to cost - both up-front and operational. My only point is that if it’s an included activity, it’ll be no different that any other ship.

We all realize nothing is “free” on a ship. Except for pretzel rolls.