Wow bands

I'm going on Harmony later this month and was wondering about the WOW bands. When they first launched the WOW bands, I remember reading that you still needed your card to order a drink from a waiter/waitress, which kind of defeated the purpose of the WOW band replacing having to carry the card around. Did they ever straighten that out?

-- Kevin

That is a great question I like to know also, if its not used for drinks I see no use in getting the wow band, can anybody answer our question for us?

Just recently off HOTS and we opted to not get the WOW bands....Was a bit surprised that I didn't really notice that many people wearing them or using them and they certainly weren't pushing you to purchase them...but to my understanding you would have to give them (take them off) when ordering a drink...you also had to have your SeaPass to leave the ship...no WOW band. Some might disagree but I found them to look ugly and they may not be going over as big as RCI expected. JMHO.

We were recently on Ovation. if you order a drink near the register you can normally just hold your wrist near the scanner. If you are not near the scanner you need to take the band off and hand it to the bar attendant.

We did have one or two problems purchasing from sales market where for some reason they wanted the card or would keep asking for room number. I think this was because they were using portable point of sale equipment and maybe could not see the same detail as they could for example on the bar registers where your photo etc would flash up.

Is the Wow Band suppose to be like Disney Magic Band, where you can open your room door, order food, purchase from stores?

Is there a cost?

You use it to open your cabin door, what else can you do with it?

Which ships have this band? I will be on the Symphony.

Yes, it's like a magic band. At one point it was free for Suites and I believe $5 for all others. Not sure if this has changed.

Just off Anthem where I saw the bands daily but still not being used by the majority.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is the Wow Band suppose to be like Disney Magic Band, where you can open your room door, order food, purchase from stores?

Is there a cost?

You use it to open your cabin door, what else can you do with it?

Which ships have this band? I will be on the Symphony.

Yes, you can open your stateroom door and make purchases witht he WOW band, However, you still need your SeaPass card to get off and on the ship. Currently, only Quantum class ships and Harmony have the band.

Yes, it's like a magic band. At one point it was free for Suites and I believe $5 for all others. Not sure if this has changed.

Just off Anthem where I saw the bands daily but still not being used by the majority.

Same here on Harmony recently. The only people we seemed to view with WOW bands were kids.

We got the WOW bands on Harmony and loved them. My wife and I both work out in the mornings and it's nice not having to carry anything while doing so. I know the card is small and unobtrusive, but it's just one less thing to worry about for us.

Weren't ugly to us as we always wear activity monitors anyway, and those things are by no means fancy. My worrying about what others think of what I look like or what I'm wearing is WAYYYY past.

I also wear a Thin Blue Line band and a RunID band. I'm banded up so one more ain't gonna hurt me.

As I said, worked great for US. We thought they were great and will get them wherever offered, our opinions. And we all know about opinions right?

The WOW bands can be useful in some situations. we were on Anthem in the beginning of march and we had 2 staterooms. My wife was booked in one room with our DD and I in the other with our DD. We switched once on board. My kids both got WOW bands, and had my sons band programmed to open the other room that he shared with DD. I gave my band to my wife so she could open our door and she could open our kids room with her own band. When we were on the ship, I kept her card in my pocket, so with both our cards, I could open both rooms, but more importantly, I could get 2 drinks at the bar at any time, and so could my wife with the 2 bands.

dp

• 9 months later...
We got the WOW bands on Harmony and loved them. My wife and I both work out in the mornings and it's nice not having to carry anything while doing so. I know the card is small and unobtrusive, but it's just one less thing to worry about for us.

Weren't ugly to us as we always wear activity monitors anyway, and those things are by no means fancy. My worrying about what others think of what I look like or what I'm wearing is WAYYYY past.

I also wear a Thin Blue Line band and a RunID band. I'm banded up so one more ain't gonna hurt me.

As I said, worked great for US. We thought they were great and will get them wherever offered, our opinions. And we all know about opinions right?

You can reuse the ones you already have, just go to guest services.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Are they waterproof? That was a huge bonus with Magic Bands as we could swim with them and not worry about room key getting taken or lost.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yes they are waterproof.

dp