Do waiters come around the Serenity decks to take drink orders?

gardn198

Anymore... you have to go to bar to get drinks... cutbacks have removed like 99% of "roving waiters"... but there is a bar right there at the serenity area so it is fairly easy....

Perhaps your experience is newer than ours. We had our friendly waiter last Fall on Freedom. I do think there has been 'some' reductions but my experience is not 99%.

Anymore... you have to go to bar to get drinks... cutbacks have removed like 99% of "roving waiters"... but there is a bar right there at the serenity area so it is fairly easy....

Don't you just love these ridiculous exaggerated posts with no evidence. Try tipping a dollar your servers will be your best friend, know you by name , and know what you drink. 99% ? so if they had 100 servers, they now have one for the whole ship. where is the smacking the side of your head emoji

I am happy that the waiters are not coming around every five seconds as they did in the past. Yes, I always tip for every drink. In the past, It had gotten so annoying when you were asked if you wanted a cocktail and you had a full drink front and center. I have noticed the reduction in bar waiters and did not see too many in the serenity area on the Sunshine in October and December, but the serenity bar was never overcrowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't come around like they used too because of in part the drink packages...they already have your $ so there is little incentive to have walk around waiters as since you already paid the less drinks you consume the better for them....

• 1 year later...
They don't come around like they used too because of in part the drink packages...they already have your $ so there is little incentive to have walk around waiters as since you already paid the less drinks you consume the better for them....

This is everything. We are onboard vista now (first day) and there is not one waiter on lido deck! I noticed this on my last several cruises. We’re not doing cheers but this is the perfect explanation for lack of waiters.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

however, it's just not true, again, a ridiculous exaggeration "not one waiter on the Lido deck" On the first day they are everywhere pushing there DOD and glass. Never had a problem getting a server, get a good one, they will know your name, folio # and what you drink.

This is everything. We are onboard vista now (first day) and there is not one waiter on lido deck! I noticed this on my last several cruises. We’re not doing cheers but this is the perfect explanation for lack of waiters.

However the report you quote is more than two years old. That can be eons in cruise years :)

That was something I missed on my NCL cruises. There NEVER was roaming waiters. Not only did you have to go to the bar, but you had to stand in a roped off queue. I’m thinking it was because of most everyone had the beverage package as a free perk, so why bother trying to push drinks. My next cruise is back with Carnival on the Breeze, and I will enjoy being waited on again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

however, it's just not true, again, a ridiculous exaggeration "not one waiter on the Lido deck" On the first day they are everywhere pushing there DOD and glass. Never had a problem getting a server, get a good one, they will know your name, folio # and what you drink.

Completely agree. On the first day I find a good one and never have a problem for the rest of the cruise getting a drink by the Lido. Once I came out for a quick drink at the bar and the waiter stopped by and got my beer for me.

Just like the dining room staff, this is another area where I have noticed significant cut backs by Carnival. In the old days, there were a few too many bar waiters on the Lido deck. Now it does seem like they are spread too thin at times. I always tip my first waiter by the pool $5 cash and that usually helps, but not always.

I hope Carnival realizes that they are losing revenue by doing this. On my last five cruises or so, there have been many times that I have passed on getting a round of drinks because the line at the bar was too long. I see how overworked the staff are and actually feel bad for adding to their workload by ordering another drink. The Alchemy Bar has become so popular that after the first day or so, you can barely get one drink an hour.

I hope Carnival pays attention to these threads and adjusts their business model a bit. We definitely need more dining room staff!

Take care!

Brad

Just off the Sunshine last week...plenty of roving servers in serenity and other areas of the ship...never waited in any crazy lines either at any of the bars on Sunshine...even drink orders in the MDR and specialty restaurants came promptly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On my last few Carnival cruises I've noticed a cutback in waiters on Serenity but it's much worse in the MDR. The MDR has gotten ridiculously slow in service. On our last three HAL cruises we had a cabana and they had steeply discounted packages. They had great service but you are paying a premium. I wish Carnival had something similar.

Just curious if anywhere on board you can order drinks at your lounger or do you leave to go to the bar?

Waiters have definitely been cut back over the years. Sometimes it's hit or miss. I'm sure we've all had c arming e c princes but there's definitely less than there used to be. Drink packages have aided the cutbacks for sure. I hear Norwegian is the same way and even having dedicated bars you have to get up and go to to get a drink.