Good bye, Silver Shiny

Silver Shiney

This is Mrs Shiny here [Claire}. No idea if this is right place to put this message.

It is with great sadness that I have to let you all know that Alan was rushed into hospital on Thursday with a brain hemorrhage and passed away peacefully at 22.00 on Friday 14th April. He often spoke to me about the things people posted on this forum, and I would like to stay in touch if you will allow me to.

This is Mrs Shiny here [Claire}. No idea if this is right place to put this message.

It is with great sadness that I have to let you all know that Alan was rushed into hospital on Thursday with a brain hemorrhage and passed away peacefully at 22.00 on Friday 14th April. He often spoke to me about the things people posted on this forum, and I would like to stay in touch if you will allow me to.

Dear Claire, such sad news and you have our deepest sympathy for your loss at this tough time. I am more than sure that everyone will want you to stay 'on board' and keep in touch. Take care. x

I dont think I knew Silver Shiny - I dont really look at peoples names on here unless I`m replying to a comment they made

I`m very sorry to hear your news, Hope you have family and friends around you at this difficult time

Almost lost my mum to the same thing in 1994 when I was 10, I was too young to understand what was going on

I have come across his posts on another forum and I would have come across him on the old P&O site. Please accept my condolences.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello Claire.

Sorry to meet in such sad circumstances.

I used to natter to Alan on another forum - about charities, the church and all sorts - not just Cruising.

He will be sorely missed

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

r.i.p. Alan

Very sorry to hear your sad news,i did not know Alan but other posters speak very highly of him.

I am sure i speak for everyone here when i say we would be delighted to hear from you on these forums.

Best Regards.

Graham&Pauline.x

43 cruises and counting.

Please accept my condolences Claire. Losing the love of your life is so hard but hopefully you have friends and family to help you through this hard time. It is almost five years since I lost my partner of 26 years and I am so grateful to have had that support.

I am reasonably new to the forum and not sure if I have spoken to Alan, but by the sounds of it he was very helpful and other posters have enjoyed chatting with him. I'm very sorry for your loss Claire and I'm sure everybody will be happy to hear from you. There are also some great on-line bereavement support forums you could join if you think it would help to chat in a similar way to others who know what you're going through. Take care and look after yourself x

Claire, I'm so, so sorry to hear about Alan, he was a real Gent and one of the nicest people I have ever come across on these forums.

He was so supportive of the book I wrote a few years back too. He was one of the very first to read it and he immediately gave it such a lovely review on Amazon that he helped bring it to the attention of a much wider audience than I could ever have thought possible. I'm only sorry I never made it down to Bristol to share that beer we discussed so many times.

My sincere condolences to you and the family Claire.

D xx