Guy's burgers

MeganGC1983

What is so great about Guy's burgers? What makes it so much better than any other good burger?

I think it's the cart with the fixins :D All the normal stuff plus sauteed onions and mushrooms. Good sauce selection too.

On regular days ... if you go 30 minutes after Guys opens the line has dwindled to a short quick line,

What is so great about Guy's burgers? What makes it so much better than any other good burger?

Absolutely nothing. It's just better than most cruise ship counter serve burgers I guess you could say. When I was on Glory, they had trays of cooked meat and they were just slinging them on buns and handing them out. It's really nothing special at all.

Guys Burgers ARE better than the dry hockey pucks CCL used to serve. Hey, if you don't like the one you got, "go around the corner" and choose something else.

It's all a matter of what you consider "good", eh?

Absolutely nothing. It's just better than most cruise ship counter serve burgers I guess you could say. When I was on Glory, they had trays of cooked meat and they were just slinging them on buns and handing them out. It's really nothing special at all.

spoken by someone that clearly has never dipped the burger in the strawberry ice cream. AMAZEBALLS!!!!!

While the alleged chef is the Mayor of Douche-ville his burger joint is pretty good. We go to a concert venue just outside D.C. and last fall and had to pay like 12 or 13 dollars for a Guy's burger and fries. I would say they are almost on par with Five Guys. So if a "slightly" greasey burger with yummy fixins and some skanky sauces isnt your idea of tasty then i will gladly have yours. Btw, I will be taking a couple of burgers to elegant night so that i can achieve the mysterious and elusive Lobster-Bacon-Cheeseburger :cool:

They are better than any other cruise line's hamburgers, served quickly with good fries and with an excellent toppings bar.

--But don't take my word for it. Even Cruise Critic -- not known for any particular love toward Carnival, and no surprise there -- has officially proclaimed Guy's Burgers "The Best Burgers At Sea."

I admit up front, I am not a fan of burgers, or of ground beef, and meat in general, though I do still occasionally eat the stuff. I have had a guy burger or two, and did enjoy them, but mostly enjoyed them for the toppings bar that is to the side and you add, along with sauces (chipotle, my fave), but I have occasionally also had a regular burger on ships that do not have guy's or before guy's came about, and enjoyed those too. I would never choose a cruise based on whether the ship had guy's burger or not. But if there is one, I likely would have one during a 7 day cruise, but now that I hear they do have veggie burger, then I would definitely have one and maybe more of those, with onion, mushroom and chipotle.:)

pig patty for the win!

(y)!!

If you want pure, artery clogging awesomeness, tell them to add a second beef patty and extra cheese! Then liberally apply sauteed mushrooms, onions, Tabasco and Donkey Sauce!!! Whooooo!! Come on November!

While the alleged chef is the Mayor of Douche-ville his burger joint is pretty good. We go to a concert venue just outside D.C. and last fall and had to pay like 12 or 13 dollars for a Guy's burger and fries. I would say they are almost on par with Five Guys. So if a "slightly" greasey burger with yummy fixins and some skanky sauces isnt your idea of tasty then i will gladly have yours. Btw, I will be taking a couple of burgers to elegant night so that i can achieve the mysterious and elusive Lobster-Bacon-Cheeseburger :cool:

Bwahahahaha, excellent response!! hmm lobster burger. Nice idea!!!

Guy would not eat those burgers as he always professes medium rare. They are mediocre at best. If you need a bunch of crap on your burger to cover the taste, it's not a good burger. Stop comparing 5 Guys, another mediocre chain restaurant. Has anyone had a thick 1/2 lb burger cooked medium rare over a grill, not a flat top griddle soaking in it's own grease. I guess I am in the minority, but we just did not like Guy's burgers, overcooked, greasy, and fell apart on the bun. Next time any of you are in St.Martin, go to the Holland House right in Phillipsburg close to the ship. They make a 1/2 lb ground brisket, short rib and chuck burger. This might be the best burger I have ever eaten.