How do you stand the wait???

Good Morning Cruisers!

I'm a newbie, who just found CC while searching for information on my first cruise - which is now booked on the Grandeur of the Seas Sept 2017! I've been pouring through the postings here - I especially love the LIVE reviews. What a fun and informative website this is!!!

Anyway, I see that many of you cruise several times a year! How exciting! Looking through all of this information and seeing your trips is making me VERY excited for mine. I want to know what you all do to prepare and/or pass the time when you're excited for your upcoming voyages??? I feel like this is going to be the longest five months of my life :D

Thanks for your help in advance. Looking forward to chatting with so many of you that seem so very cruise knowledgeable :D

Lisa N

We gave in and booked another cruise earlier :p Were having a hard time waiting until February, 2018 for our next cruise so booked one this October. Obviously that isn't always a possibility.

Right now we are spending the time mostly planning. Our October cruise is our first really international cruise, so we are doing a lot of prep work; researching customs, learning some basic words and phrases in the local languages, and planning excursions.

We're also keeping busy with plans around the house, we're planning a lot of landscaping now that we're finally starting to warm up. Things to take the mind off of the cruise.

Hahahah! Oh wow. You all are hilarious. Just throw in another cruise! Nice :) I can tell I'm going to like it here!

So awestover89..... actually trying to get my mind off the cruise... hmmm.... I feel like I'm doing the opposite. Becoming a CC addict! So much to learn....

Thanks for the input, folks!

:)

Welcome Lisa. We do exactly what we are doing now. Read Cruise Critic and plan. We use the ship search on the right to find posts about our next ship. If we find a new review or one of those "Live on the XXX" posts that is a jackpot. We find our roll call and subscribe (make a post introducing yourself) and it will show up in your subscribed threads. We read everything that sounds interesting and learn a lot even after many years. Caution: Do not take everything you read to heart. You know the saying about everyone having an opinion. If you read a lot of posts you get an idea of which way the wind really blows. There are a lot of folks on here with a lot of knowledge and you will begin to recognize them. I am not one of them. Another time filler is planning. Research shore excursions, restaurants, activities, and hotel & airfare if applicable. It seems like forever but then it is over before you know it. Time to start over.

Reading reviews helps pass the time but it also makes me wish my cruise closer. My favorites are the live reviews and seeing pictures of the ship the food and drinks. I going on the Anthem in November and there have been some awesome live reviews lately.

I'm sure after Grandeurs dry dock there should be some good reviews as people check out the ship after her make over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listen to the podcasts!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wait....what?

This is all GREAT advice and it sounds like I'm doing the right things!! But I don' tknow about podcasts.... I can find those here?

What helps me is Cruise Critic here lol

I also book another cruise and Aruba and about three other mini trips to keep me busy lol

I also book cruises up sometimes as much as a year in advance, so your four months isn't too bad

I love planning for my cruise and try to find as much information as I can on every aspect of the trip from beginning to end. I'm one of those OCD planners and already have a binder started of all the information I find!

My next cruise is over a year away on Radiance in Alaska! It's the longest I've ever had to wait for one. It seems so far away. Reading reviews and doing research here on CC helps with that. I have found so much help over the years from this site! It is awesome!

If you need passports for your cruise make sure they are valid. Passport office in Miami had a flood and is closed and there was at least one person on here who was looking at having to emergency fly to Atlanta for a last minute passport.

DH and I drive down to Florida (plan to retire there in < 4 years) twice a year to visit Gpa (in his late 80's); therefore, while down there, we cruise part of the time!!;) Sometimes, if the price is right, we even to a B2B (back-to-back)!!:cool: We usually book when itineraries are first released, as we've found prices to be cheaper the earlier you can book! We love cruising and are truly blessed to be able to do them!:halo:

Wait....what?

This is all GREAT advice and it sounds like I'm doing the right things!! But I don' tknow about podcasts.... I can find those here?

Royal Caribbean blog does them! I got them from the podcast app on my phone just searching.

My wait for a cruise is taken up by lots of planning, checking different Hotels, things to do at each Port and printing information on them. I also will check other Roll Calls for similar itinerary to see what information on Hotels, tours etc many will be doing and have even asked someone on that Roll Call for tips. I check the Ports of Call section of CC.

I spend WWAAYYYYYYY too much time on here to pass the time! We only booked 77 days out, so the wait won't be too bad. But I get a bit obsessed.

Good! Because I feel obsessed right now :D