Goodbye to Free Burgers and Mast Grill ???

chamima

In my opinion, this is the kind of thing that makes long time Celebrity passengers upset. We use to be able to get things like this freshly made with no problems. Great service and great food. Now it seems like we are in inconvenience when we don't go and pay extra for the food that is already suppose to be included in our cruise fare.

It's easier to get the burgers freshly made at Burger King.

So the marketing people determined that they are better off NOT raising cruise fare $2 per person and better off keeping the price point lower and charging $10 per burger.

Wouldn't be the first time Celebrity marketing got it wrong, in that case.

Though I don't believe this arose from that area in any case...

The burgers at Top Deck will not be previously frozen.

The meat will absolutely be frozen. In the majority of the places Celebrity sails, the food, with the exception of fruits, vegetables and some re-stock items, comes in containers on ships from Miami. No way to keep beef fresh for the 6-8 weeks of that process if it is not frozen.

I do not cook much so pls don't laugh at me, but wouldn't the chef or butcher on board be grinding ths burger meat from the special beef...not using pre ground frozen patties?

On S class they could graze them on the lawn...

I do not cook much so pls don't laugh at me, but wouldn't the chef or butcher on board be grinding ths burger meat from the special beef...not using pre ground frozen patties?

They will also produce milk for the homemade cheese on the cheeseburgers .

As well there will be hydroponically grown tomatoes and lettuce .

(Before the CC changes I would have titled this, Some People Will Believe Anything)

Celebrity is already planning to sell onboard farm tours. Base price will be in the $100 range, but there's a number of add-on activities, such as milking the cows and picking farm produce, that will be available for an extra $10. Those wishing to milk the cows will also be able to rent rubber boots for a reasonable sum TBD. :cool:

Yes. Beef that is properly frozen, stored and defrosted is virtually indistinguishable quality wise from never frozen beef. However for high quality burgers, the meat itself needs to be freshly ground and be good quality beef. This can be done from meat that was previously frozen. For the new venue to be worth the cover charge the meat needs to be freshly ground and be at least USDA choice, preferably prime or dry aged prime.