Same Cruise Ship Twice?

TheBeatnik

My fiancé and I are going on a short cruise for part one of our honeymoon. We booked the Liberty to Nassau and Princess Cays. We've already been on the Liberty, and it is one of the best cruises we've been on (itinerary is a large part of why).

However, I'm not sure if it will be the same the second time around. I'm also considering Inspiration out of Long Beach, CA. I've never been in a Fantasy class ship nor have I done a west coast cruise.

What do you guys think I should do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We like sailing on the same ship. No two trips are ever the same. But when you get on one you have been on before (or the sister ship), you feel "at home" almost instantly. I personally like that.

We also love the Fantasy class. That is our favorite class. Smaller ship=less lines, easier to get around. I am not fond of waiting in line for everything on the bigger ships. Yes they have "this" or "that" but I have found I don't want to wait 1-2 hours to do it!

I was on the Legend last August and just got off the Inspiration last week. I loved the Legend but did not care for the layout of the Inspiration at all (although I still had a blast on the cruise).

I did Elation three times in 18 months. About to do Triumph for the second time in a year. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Depending on how long it's been, they may have the same shows. Of course you may get that anyway. I was on Freedom a few months ago and one of their shows I had seen a couple times on Elation.

I wouldn't go to the expense of flying here to the west coast to sail on a 3-4 day cruise out of Long Beach on a Fantasy class vessel. The Miracle is a mid-size Spirit class ship that does the 7 day cruises until January and then Splendor replaces the Miracle. We have no problems sailing often on a ship we enjoy.

My fiancé and I are going on a short cruise for part one of our honeymoon. We booked the Liberty to Nassau and Princess Cays. We've already been on the Liberty, and it is one of the best cruises we've been on (itinerary is a large part of why).

However, I'm not sure if it will be the same the second time around. I'm also considering Inspiration out of Long Beach, CA. I've never been in a Fantasy class ship nor have I done a west coast cruise.

TheBeatnik,

We've sailed Liberty five times and each cruise was unique. We've sailed Pride twice, Breeze three times, SunShine three times; discovered new things each time.

From your location it appears that you are from Maryland so Liberty being in Port Canaveral would be a lot closer so airfare or even driving would be an option. The Liberty is a lot nicer and larger ship than the Inspiration or Imagination and I can't imagine flying across the country to only take a 4 day cruise. If you want a West Coast cruise I would recommend the 7 day on either Miracle or Splendor once she gets over here. JMHO

Thanks for the input everyone. You know, when you get to looking at the travel agent sites, you unearth some deals you didn't go in for. Even though I'm sure I would have a good time on the Liberty, I found a cruise that's 3 nights longer for only $200 more. Luckily I booked my Carnival reservation under a military discount, so I could cancel it without penalty. Now I'm booked on the MSC Divina on a 7-night cruise out of Miami. The price was just too good to pass up, and I've always been curious about MSC.

The folks who said, "Why fly across the country on a 4 day cruise" got me thinking, "Why go on a four-day cruise?" lol Usually, when I go on a four-day cruise, I stay an extra two nights at the port to make it a multi-part vacation. But why do that when the cruise ship is cheaper?

With the Liberty's prices, I'm sure I'll go on her again. Definitely my favorite Carnival ship of the two I've been on.

Thanks everybody!

I've sailed on many ships more than once. I've been on the Caribbean Princess, for example, three times and each time has been different and wonderful. I don't think there's anything bad about going on the same ship more than once!

Have you never been somewhere fun twice? :p Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with taking the same cruise again (and again and again and again...) Maybe try to get the same cabin for memory's sake. :)

Trying a new cruise would be fun too.

Doesn't really matter. Flip a coin, pick one and save the other for your anniversary.

Have you never been somewhere fun twice? :p Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with taking the same cruise again (and again and again and again...) Maybe try to get the same cabin for memory's sake. :)

Trying a new cruise would be fun too.

Doesn't really matter. Flip a coin, pick one and save the other for your anniversary.

Like button hit. :D

Unless you have a reason TO do it, don't, especially if it's doing the same itinerary and the repeat cruise is within a year of the last.

Do some homework and make sure you don't have the same cruise director, or all the entertainment will be the same, and the same stale jokes will be repeated in the same manner. And unless you wish to revisit the same ports, make sure the itinerary may have changed.

We have sailed on the Sensation and Imagination multiple times along and with several others once. When we can we try other ships and have found that we always seem to look at the Sensation the most (our 1st ship with Carnival). The older smaller ships have a different atmosphere while the newer larger ships have more to offer. In March 2017 we sailed on the Magic and only after 7 days did we realize that we didn't do or see everything the ship had to offer. We always look at where the ships are going and then pick the one that best fits our schedule. We will be back on the Sensation in May 2018 to celebrate 24 years of happiness.

Well, we only sail out of ports we can easily drive to-San Diego, Long Beach and San Pedro. Mom won't fly anymore and it's hard for DH to take time off from work.

We've sailed the same ships many times. If we change ships or lines we still sail to most of the same ports. Even meet up with many of the same people.

We think of it being no different than having a second home. Been there, done that. Cruising is cheaper and we don't have to fix the frozen pipes.

Unless you have a reason TO do it, don't, especially if it's doing the same itinerary and the repeat cruise is within a year of the last.

Do some homework and make sure you don't have the same cruise director, or all the entertainment will be the same, and the same stale jokes will be repeated in the same manner. And unless you wish to revisit the same ports, make sure the itinerary may have changed.

As a West Coaster I have done repeat itineraries on the same ships many times. I have to disagree with you. I always find new things to do and new shows to see.