Hotel near miami cruise port

MACPHERSON

We just booked a cruise in Nov 2018 that is for 11 days (Equinox). We live on the west coast of Florida and usually take a Cruise Connection to and from the port but am not sure that they will be able to accommodate us as it leaves on a Saturday and returns on a Wednesday. If they can't has anyone stayed in a hotel that allows you to keep your car there while on a cruise.

Check the FLA departure board for many threads on this subject.

Depending upon when in Nov there may be a couple of downtown Miami hotels offering this deal; most of the hotels in downtown charge guests $25-30+ per night to park. Several hotels near the MIA airport offer cruise parking deals - MIA Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, and La Quinta East are most often suggested. www.stay123.com and www.parksleepfly.com are two sources to check. None of the hotels includes a ride from POM back to your car so budget for a taxi or Uber.

It might be easier to rent a car one way for both legs; National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer free shuttle service between MIA and POM. :cool:

Pretty sure Cruise Connection bus ceased operations some time ago. You should be able to find some hotels with cruise and stay, park for up to 14 nts with shuttle one way to the port included. We currently have Hampton Inn Coconut Grove booked with same options for our next two cruises. Hilton Garden Inn Miami airport is another that does this as well.

Just got back from Equinox. We stayed at the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove. My rate was $149 and included parking for 7 days and one way shuttle to the port which was about 15 minutes away.

Hotel and staff was excellent and parking was in an underground gated garage. We to a cab back to the hotel post cruise.

All in all an excellent experience and I recommend this hotel.

We live on the West Coast of Florida too and have stayed at La Quinta East about 6 times now. From the outside it's not that great of a place but the staff and rooms are nice. Breakfast is OK at best but all I need is something to hold me over until I get on the ship :)

The price is usually $50 or so cheaper than most of the other park and cruise hotels. On their site they say the rate includes 7 nights parking. We always cruise for more than 7 nights and have offered to pay each time. They always say no, it's no issue.

We've never had an issue with the shuttle. The do sell return shuttle tickets for $10 each but an Uber ride back was less than $20 with tip.

I like heading over the day before, kind of start our vacation a day early. And besides, it's only about $60 more than the cheapest parking by the pier.

We always stay at the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon. They have a shuttle to and from Port. Also free parking included. We have left our car for 15 days with no problem. Check them out. A nice Hilton Hotel.

Since you asked about hotels near the port, I would recommend the Intercontinental. It is 5 mins from the port and walking distance to Bayside Marketplace for shopping and dining.

You can also add on breakfast for only $10 which is a great deal. Really nice hotel, but you won't be able to leave your car.

Since you asked about hotels near the port, I would recommend the Intercontinental. It is 5 mins from the port and walking distance to Bayside Marketplace for shopping and dining.

You can also add on breakfast for only $10 which is a great deal. Really nice hotel, but you won't be able to leave your car.

I agree with the Intercontinental. We had a room facing the water and could see our ship when we woke up in the morning. It also has a great gym! There is a CVS as well as a Marshalls within walking distance as well. We picked up a couple of items we forgot. There are many interesting restaurants close to the hotel.

I agree with the Intercontinental. We had a room facing the water and could see our ship when we woke up in the morning. It also has a great gym! There is a CVS as well as a Marshalls within walking distance as well. We picked up a couple of items we forgot. There are many interesting restaurants close to the hotel.

I agree with the intercontinental

Glad to hear your comments regarding the Hampton as we've not yet stayed here. Cost of cab approx?

It was $30 plus tip. There were 4 of us.

The shuttle out to the port was full so it was a little squishy in that van and we had to climb into the very back. They told us 11:00 so we got downstairs at 10:50 figuring we'd be first in the van, but obviously everyone else was more eager than we were:)

Edited by Mattingly23
added info

We just stayed for a pre-cruise night at the Sheraton Miami airport and were very pleased with the hotel. They have a complementary shuttle from the airport to the hotel but since you're driving I guess you won't need that. I don't know about a fee to park. We paid $25 for a taxi to the Port of Miami for three of us which was cheaper than taking their third-party shuttle