Celebrity Single Supplement

CatsinShow

I've tried finding a recent thread on this but couldn't and couldn't find info on Celebrity's website about this. I really want to go on a Celebrity Cruise. Just everything seems so posh, modern, professional, and excellent on it. Whenever I look into rates though with being the dreaded singleton, naturally it's double the price or almost double so I end up going on NCL's cruises because they just are more reasonable for parties of 1- they have a good amount of studio cabins, and often times on some cruises in a regular cabin the single supplement is really low or even waived (just had it waived but it was on the Sun which is an old ship).

Does Celebrity ever have deals were the single supplement is waived or low? Do they have any really small cabins meant for 1? I know Holland America and Royal Caribbean have finally started to add on a decent amount of ships small cabins for 1 waiving the single supplement. The only thing with that is you have to book these room wayyyyyyyyy in advance and I have a schedule for work that is constantly changing.

I have never seen Celebrity offer a discount for single cruisers. When the Edge is launched, there will be single cabins available for the first time. Other than that, single cruisers pay full fare, but only one taxes/port fees. You also earn double Captain's Club points.

I have never seen Celebrity offer a discount for single cruisers. When the Edge is launched, there will be single cabins available for the first time. Other than that, single cruisers pay full fare, but only one taxes/port fees. You also earn double Captain's Club points.

Is the Edge launched starting this December? I don't cruise enough to really care about points.

It is rare, but I have received a reduced single supplement (150%) on some cruises listed on the Tuesday specials. Edge is scheduled to sail in December, 2018. The single cabins look nice, but I thought the price was too high for a single. Of course, that may change in the future.

They are few and far between and have to be willing to seek them out. For example right now Constellation has a ~125% single fare on their November 12 sailing on inside and outside cabins. Millenium also has good single fares on its transpacific sailing on September 8 ranging from 114% for a category 7 or a CC3 for 138%. There are a few websites you can use to track them

I am glad to see Edge having 16 single occupancy cabins. Price point for them will be 180% of the normal fare, cool things about these cabins though as they are the newest infinite balcony cabins as well. After I saw the layout of them, I immediately booked one for the Inaugural voyage December 16, 2018

I've tried finding a recent thread on this but couldn't and couldn't find info on Celebrity's website about this. I really want to go on a Celebrity Cruise. Just everything seems so posh, modern, professional, and excellent on it. Whenever I look into rates though with being the dreaded singleton, naturally it's double the price or almost double so I end up going on NCL's cruises because they just are more reasonable for parties of 1- they have a good amount of studio cabins, and often times on some cruises in a regular cabin the single supplement is really low or even waived (just had it waived but it was on the Sun which is an old ship).

Does Celebrity ever have deals were the single supplement is waived or low? Do they have any really small cabins meant for 1? I know Holland America and Royal Caribbean have finally started to add on a decent amount of ships small cabins for 1 waiving the single supplement. The only thing with that is you have to book these room wayyyyyyyyy in advance and I have a schedule for work that is constantly changing.

Don't hold your breathe.

• Like 1

Can't say that I have run across any reduced single supplements. To make matters worse, now with the bundling of the perks(?) a solo cruiser pays the full cabin supplement but only gets half of the $ value benefit(?), at least that is how it prices out when I check on their web site.

• Like 1

.........Does Celebrity ever have deals were the single supplement is waived or low?
Here is a link to

XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

It is a pdf file that is updated each week, listing "last minute" discounted cruise prices, usually only a few weeks before the sailing date.

I would suggest bookmarking it and checking the single supplement rates each week.

Most of the time they are 200%, but lower rates are listed from time to time.

For example, right now it shows 5 pages of cruise listings, but only 3 of the cruises listed have a 150% single supplement rate.

Celebrity usually charges the same price for one person as for two, just like booking a hotel room.

Also, if you qualify for any other discounted rates (e.g., resident, senior, interline, military) it may be worth checking those. Sometimes those discounts are not much, but other times some of them can be a good deal.

Sadly, major cruise lines do not concern themselves with the tens of thousands of singles in this world who desire to take a cruise but WILL NOT because of the archaic single supplement mythology of figuring revenue. I have taken about fifteen cruises on Celebrity but decided to end my Celebrity connection due to their refusal to give some consideration to singles. I would take several international cruises a year if they allowed this single to feel like a couple in terms of costs.

Not until singles unite, including travel sites like Solo Traveler, as well as single individuals en masse and as a group confront the major cruise lines to change their single-supplement policies will singles ever receive fair consideration.

I now fly several times a year to my desired travel destinations and cruise lines no longer have my consideration. Sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The new EDGE Is going to have solo cabins. You will have to call and see what the prices for those will be........I put a

deposit down for Jan 2019 but for the price of that cabin, I chose to just pay the price of a regular sized one. So, no,

there are not many "deals" to be found.

The new EDGE Is going to have solo cabins. You will have to call and see what the prices for those will be........I put a deposit down for Jan 2019 but for the price of that cabin, I chose to just pay the price of a regular sized one. So, no, there are not many "deals" to be found.

Hi, Lois! Good to "see' you!

After looking at the solo cabins and doing the math, I did the same but will not be sailing until March 2019...

By the way... Just back from AMA cruises... Like you, I was impressed and had a terrific time...

Best!

Hi, Lois! Good to "see' you!

After looking at the solo cabins and doing the math, I did the same but will not be sailing until March 2019...

By the way... Just back from AMA cruises... Like you, I was impressed and had a terrific time...

Best!

Hi Mike:)...glad you enjoyed the River Cruise! And great to see you again too.:)

Last February I stumbled across a good deal on the Silhouette for an April sailing on a 7 day Caribbean cruise. At the time the Concierge cabins were less then a balcony. I paid $1402 for a solo cabin. Loved the ship and had a great cruise.

I will continue to look

at last minute sailings hoping to find good deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 years later...

Pretty much the same answers as what are you up already seen.  Edge has some cabins which are smaller and I designed for one person, otherwise the normal cabins generally have 200% rate for singles.Once in a blue moon you might find 175% rate but that’s very very rare.

The Edge singles are on deck 6 and don't have a great view in my opinion. For some cruises I've been pricing they've been more expensive than the same level regular cabin so for my Nov sailing I didn't pick that option although available... I also get double captain's club points with regular cabin.

On 7/2/2017 at 4:25 AM, zebra36 said:

Can't say that I have run across any reduced single supplements. To make matters worse, now with the bundling of the perks(?) a solo cruiser pays the full cabin supplement but only gets half of the $ value benefit(?), at least that is how it prices out when I check on their web site.

I completely agree and it doesn't make any sense. If a solo cruiser pays double then I think he/she should get double laundry coupons, double evening drinks, etc. As for tipping, I always tip more than double my stateroom attendant and MDR staff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes X has reduced prices for singles on their excited deals if they have difficulties filling ship.  I booked cabin for me alone on Black Sea cruise in 2014 for only 100 pct of price per person - due to Ukranian troubles some ports were changed and lots of Americans apparently cancelled.  Even upgraded to Aqua before sailing for Usd 50 in total.  Was surprised afterwards when I still received double Captain‘ s Club points.  

Edited by Michidoeme