To Suite or Not to Suite - that is the question

Robinsoncruiseso

Hi Folks

We the The Grand suite (b748) booked on Golden Princess for Christmas and New Year ..will life ever be the same again ???:hearteyes:

Regards

John

I don't see how you'll be able to downsize ever again! Hope you have a blast! :D

I don't see how you'll be able to downsize ever again! Hope you have a blast! :D

Hi

We sure intend to enjoy the suite , there are three of us the wife and I and MIL ... My last trip on Golden Princess saw me medi-Vaced off the ship in New Zealand two Christmases ago so lets hope its all ok this trip :halo:

Otherwise the Girls will have the suite to themselves and there will be no stopping them :evilsmile:

Regards

John

Hi

We sure intend to enjoy the suite , there are three of us the wife and I and MIL ... My last trip on Golden Princess saw me medi-Vaced off the ship in New Zealand two Christmases ago so lets hope its all ok this trip :halo:

Otherwise the Girls will have the suite to themselves and there will be no stopping them :evilsmile:

Regards

John

I'd say you've earned this trip then!

I hope you have a calm, wonderful cruise this time around.

Not being able to go back to a "mere" balcony is our fear also.

We were happy sailing oceanview until our first Alaska cruise when we opted for that balcony. Once we had the balcony cabin, we have never booked anything but balcony.

However, while trying to book our balcony on the Sun for next March (sailing from Sydney to NZ), I noticed the full suite for the same price as the inside cabin. Couldn't pass up that deal, the same category is now between 4-5 times what we paid. I am concerned that we won't want anything less for future cruises but I'm willing to chance it. lol.

We have sailed in the Grand Suite on the Golden, Star and Sapphire and anytime it is available I would grab it ....it is by far the most beautiful suite ever....other than going to dinner we spent most of our time in the suite....I would say there is nothing on the other side of the door that is better than what is on our side. We are sailing on the Grand Princess now because it sails out of our home port....the Grand suite on the Grand does not compare to the Golden,Star or Sapphire...

Enjoy

My husband and I were in a suite for a 2-night cruise from Vancouver to San Francisco. We wanted to experience some of the suite benefits prior to booking a suite for a longer cruise. Having experienced a suite, I would prefer to cruise in one...but I would also consider other cabin categories.

Hi

Regards

John

I agree with Bob. :D :D :D

Tony

Do they offer upsells before or after final payment is made? We just made our final payment for our October cruise. At some point, I'd love to try a mini suite or suite just to see what's it like.
Typically after final payment is due, which on most cruises is 75 days prior to departure. There can be a number of cancellations at that time and Princess will often try to book them with upsells. On our last cruise there was a second round of upsells when suites held for B2B booking were released for individual cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi

Regards

John

I remember reading about that "adventure" of yours!

I just returned from being in a suite on Emerald. The things that make a suite worth the money. Being pampered. This was my first time on Princess so no status. Did not need to worry. Arrving at the port on day one we were fast tracked onto the ship. We had our sea passes and on the ahip in less than 20 minutes. You get free dinner in crown grill on first night and you have breakfast in crown grill. This is a nice perk. There were maybe one or two couples in crown grill for breakfast. Nice and quiet and food is great. You will have club class dining. You nver wait to eat. Just show up and they seat you. Wait staff is excellent.

Suites are nice, but not generally worth the extra money to us. We could afford it, but the space and minimal perks aren't that big of a deal. Certain ships - say on Carnival - require a suite to have a balcony, which for us is a must. But other than that, a basic room is all we need and I have had no trouble returning to a balcony after cruising in a suite.

I would be more likely to consider it for a long cruise, or one where the weather was likely to keep me off my balcony - because then I want the couch inside so we can curl up and watch movies.:)

So I would ask yourself, are we the type of people that get hooked on a 5 star experience or that really value the luxury? Or is more moderate just fine? That should lead you to your answer....:cool:

I just returned from being in a suite on Emerald. The things that make a suite worth the money. Being pampered. This was my first time on Princess so no status. Did not need to worry. Arrving at the port on day one we were fast tracked onto the ship. We had our sea passes and on the ahip in less than 20 minutes. You get free dinner in crown grill on first night and you have breakfast in crown grill. This is a nice perk. There were maybe one or two couples in crown grill for breakfast. Nice and quiet and food is great. You will have club class dining. You nver wait to eat. Just show up and they seat you. Wait staff is excellent.

Glad you enjoyed your "Suite" cruise.....:):):)

Bob

• 1 month later...

We did the suite on our first cruise, 13 nights and lots of sea days, must say if this is what cruising is about it is great, So much so the other half says lets do it again, so we are going again in the cabin nextdoor, a vista instead of a penthouse a saving of $2000.

We feel it is worth the extra, a lovely place to escape too, with laundry and breakfast and all the other things.

Life was meant to be enjoyed from a suite.

Don

I had a full suite (one of the aft Vista Suites) all to myself on a 2-week Mediterranean cruise last summer. Aside from the laundry and the mini-bar set-up, my favorite perk was having a FULL room service breakfast (the menu options are much more extensive that the ones for regular staterooms) set up on my (extra wide) balcony every morning. And you CAN have that on the last day, when Sabatini's (or Crown Grill) is not an option. The other perk-- since I was a solo, I earned three Captain's Circle points. I also liked the much larger shower.