Moveover -- waiting for return call

jasbo49

We got a moveover offer yesterday afternoon (for the Regal, 11-day Baltic, Aug. 7) and I returned the call 20 minutes after the offer landed in our inbox. I got a recording and left a message. This was about 4:15 p.m., and we didn't hear back, so I'm hoping to get a call this morning.

The basics are:

* 100% cruise fare refund (as refundable onboard credit). * One Free cruise anywhere in the world up to 11 nights. * Free stateroom upgrade pending availability on new sailing. * Air or hotel change fees covered up to $500 per person * (Princess EZ Air Protected)

We are flexible and likely to take it, probably just for same thing next year.

My questions are:

1. Would I get a courtesy call back if they solved their problem before they got to us, or will we only get a call if they still need our cabin?

2. Do I have to give them a replacement cruise on the spot, or can I just say yes to the concept and work out the details later?

3. When they offer "a free stateroom upgrade," does that mean from our mini-suite guarantee to a better mini or a club class mini or a full suite?

Thanks to anyone who can help. I just want to be prepared if and when they call back.

Jim

Based on my experience with an UPSELL offer email, I'd say that they intentionally wait until near end of day to send out the offer. I also believe that they do not begin returning any calls until the next morning.... California time.

I do remember the instructions to leave a message made it clear that they returned calls in the order received, and to only leave one message.

Like you, I called quickly after receiving the email, but it wasn't until after 11:00 am my time on the East Coast until I did get a call back.

We got a moveover offer yesterday afternoon (for the Regal, 11-day Baltic, Aug. 7) and I returned the call 20 minutes after the offer landed in our inbox. I got a recording and left a message. This was about 4:15 p.m., and we didn't hear back, so I'm hoping to get a call this morning.

The basics are:

* 100% cruise fare refund (as refundable onboard credit). * One Free cruise anywhere in the world up to 11 nights. * Free stateroom upgrade pending availability on new sailing. * Air or hotel change fees covered up to $500 per person * (Princess EZ Air Protected)

We are flexible and likely to take it, probably just for same thing next year.

My questions are:

1. Would I get a courtesy call back if they solved their problem before they got to us, or will we only get a call if they still need our cabin?

2. Do I have to give them a replacement cruise on the spot, or can I just say yes to the concept and work out the details later?

3. When they offer "a free stateroom upgrade," does that mean from our mini-suite guarantee to a better mini or a club class mini or a full suite?

Thanks to anyone who can help. I just want to be prepared if and when they call back.

Jim

We got the same offer yesterday. I left a message and got a call back in 90 minutes. His voice mail said he would return calls as they were received. These calls take a while. I gave them the replacement cruise because we'd already decided. Not sure if you have to do that. As far as the upgrade, I didn't ask. We had a balcony on Caribe. Good luck and I hope you get it. I was thrilled. Our cruise was the Caribbean Princess Aug 5th but his voice mail said they also over booked the July 25th cruise too. I suspect they are very busy. Please report back and see what an upgrade is. I am over the moon! We have two rooms and are still going to the UK this year. Next year we will do the cruise. Nice to have family in the UK, we live in Canada!

Thanks for the replies. I'm still waiting for the call-back. I hope they don't just get their needed cabins and then leave the rest of us hanging.

Anybody else out there have experience with moveover offers?

I'll report back by the end of the day.

Jim

We took them up on a moveover offer 3 weeks ago. We had to choose the cruise whilst on the phone. We were initially on the Crown sailing from Southampton to Norway. But now going from San Francisco to Alaska next year for my wife's 50th.

When we took one we had to give a replacement cruise on the phone. We had book inside and the move over to new cruise would have given us mini suite however the cruise we wanted was heavily booked so we were given balcony. Fine with us!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we took one we had to give a replacement cruise on the phone. We had booked minimum inside and the move over to new cruise would have given us mini suite however the cruise we wanted was heavily booked so we were given balcony. Fine with us!!

Sorry about quoting this in error. Good luck OP!!

When we accepted our move over offer in January, we called back several days later to give them the replacement booking. We did not have to choose a new sailing while we were on the phone. In fact, our original offer was for any 14-day but since we had our eye on a 15-day we asked if they would honor that. He sent us an email confirming 15-day would be okay, and that's what we wound up booking.

Well, this is all working out nicely. All I had to do was go to the gym and let my wife field the phone call, which came around 11 a.m. PDT, I think.

We're doing roughly the same cruise next year, but instead of a mini-suite to be named later (aka guarantee), it's in a Penthouse Suite! Breakfast at Sabatini's, here we come. And, of course, all our original fare is refunded in refundable OBC on this cruise.

When I say roughly the same, it's the same circuit, but we're starting in Berlin (Warnemunde is the port) and ending there. This was our preference because we've never been to Germany. Having a Berlin stay before or after is better for us than Copenhagen, simply because we already spent a few days there before a September 2016 transatlantic.

So thanks to all who responded. I really appreciate it. And for anybody wondering, "Do these people realize how lucky they are?" -- we sure do. I suppose all of us who have the free time and resources to travel should be thankful every day for it. It's something to be especially grateful for when we have this kind of good fortune on top of that.

Jim

Well, this is all working out nicely. All I had to do was go to the gym and let my wife field the phone call, which came around 11 a.m. PDT, I think.

We're doing roughly the same cruise next year, but instead of a mini-suite to be named later (aka guarantee), it's in a Penthouse Suite! Breakfast at Sabatini's, here we come. And, of course, all our original fare is refunded in refundable OBC on this cruise.

When I say roughly the same, it's the same circuit, but we're starting in Berlin (Warnemunde is the port) and ending there. This was our preference because we've never been to Germany. Having a Berlin stay before or after is better for us than Copenhagen, simply because we already spent a few days there before a September 2016 transatlantic.

So thanks to all who responded. I really appreciate it. And for anybody wondering, "Do these people realize how lucky they are?" -- we sure do. I suppose all of us who have the free time and resources to travel should be thankful every day for it. It's something to be especially grateful for when we have this kind of good fortune on top of that.

Jim

Congratulations! Judging by your last paragraph it sounds like it couldn't have happened to nicer people!

Hi Jim,

I also received this offer and called back about 2 hours after reciving the email. Did they give any indication of how many bookings they were trying to move? Also, did you book your air through Princess originally? If so, how did they manage the change fees and/or new charges? I have the exact same intentions as you if offered, to take the same cruise round trip Berlin.

Thanks!

blgsiebe

Based on my experience with an UPSELL offer email, I'd say that they intentionally wait until near end of day to send out the offer. I also believe that they do not begin returning any calls until the next morning.... California time.

I do remember the instructions to leave a message made it clear that they returned calls in the order received, and to only leave one message.

Like you, I called quickly after receiving the email, but it wasn't until after 11:00 am my time on the East Coast until I did get a call back.

Thanks for the info it's good to know.

Tony

Hi Jim,

I also received this offer and called back about 2 hours after reciving the email. Did they give any indication of how many bookings they were trying to move? Also, did you book your air through Princess originally? If so, how did they manage the change fees and/or new charges? I have the exact same intentions as you if offered, to take the same cruise round trip Berlin.

Thanks!

blgsiebe

Hello, blgsiebe.

We did book the cruise and our air through Princess, and they are hanging onto the pre-paid airfare to apply to the replacement cruise. Since that's next August, we can't book air until sometime this September. They offer up to $500 each in change fees if necessary.

Keep in mind that your cabin choices will be very limited if you sail out of Berlin. In our case, being upgraded to a suite, there were only three suites available, and I don't think the aft-facing one would have been available to us. The bulk of the cabins are set aside for Copenhagen departures, which they consider the main place to start the circuit.

Did you hear back from Princess yet? I have no idea how many cabins they were trying to free up.

Jim