How do you feel about Liberty of the Seas

I believe it was reported here that O3b went live on July 2.

Thanks! I will look forward to better speeds on my next Liberty cruise. I am an occasional reader, so I do miss a lot. I happen to be at an outlet mall today following DW around with plenty of time to read and post. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're going on Liberty in less than a month. Friends of ours just went and they had a great time. We can drive to Galveston so that's one of the reasons we chose this ship and we wanted to try royal after sailing on carnival last year.

This is my favorite class of ship. I was just on Liberty in April with a group of 40. I had the large panoramic ocean view room. Honestly, I wouldn't do that room type again. It's back to a balcony for me. That said, everyone in the group had a great time. The staff was VERY accommodating, food and dining room service were very good, and there were plenty of activities for everyone.

Reading all of the comments about internet. I had great service in my cabin. I was streaming video every night without a problem.

We've done LOS last two summers in a row and will likely again (after a break to do Hawaii next summer!). Living in Dallas, the drive to Galveston beats flying ANYWHERE.

Might try a Vision class too. Hoping to see an Oasis class in Galveston someday in the not too distant future.

I am a vote for Harmony. Not been on Harmony, but have done Allure and Liberty. Liberty was the only cruise we have taken where we couldn't wait to get off the ship. It wasn't an awful cruise but lots of little things that made it less enjoyable. We like sailing out of Galveston as we can drive, but we cancelled all our future Liberty sailings and switched for other trips.

My family wants to cruise out of galveston on LOS, I'm trying for Harmony, but they won't have to fly to galveston.

Is LOS a good ship since theyve updated/added things - any advice, comments, etc. Are the shows good, etc?

Would go again in a heartbeat. Haven't been on a Royal ship that I didn't like. Go with an open mind and patience. Enjoy

Bob the one problem I did have was checking our return flights and getting our Boarding pass, It took me until 8 PM before I could get a connection using their computer. I couldn't check in.

Gay

Should not be a problem with the new internet service. Also, if we do Southwest, we always opt for Early Bird so we are automatically checked-in. We pick up the boarding pass at the airport.

Great ship heading out on Sunday for my 3rd trip in a year on her. The extra large panoramic rooms are a hidden treasure. Only 2 on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yay! We have 1864 booked! :hearteyes:

Yay! We have 1864 booked! :hearteyes:

You will love the extra space and walk-in closet. Since it has 7 large windows it can get warm in the afternoon, I would suggest closing them, but only in the afternoon.. The windows wrap around one side of the bed which is really cool to look at in the morning. Its almost like you are driving the ship.

If this is a discussion of Oasis class versus Freedom Class, I have to say that we far favor the Freedom class.

I liked the Oasis class, and there are things that will certainly Wow you on that ship like the Zipline, MASSIVE promenade, and Cental Park, but there were things that REALLY took it down a notch for us versus Freedom class.

1) People, people everywhere. Difficult to find quite areas on the ship. Even late into the evening, 12am and later, there were lots of people and kids in the promenade. Just felt like a crowded shopping mall in there compared to the Freedom class. On the Freedom class ships, the promenade is some smaller but far more peaceful and enjoyable IMO

2) Disconnected from the Ocean. On the Oasis class it was far more difficult to find good areas to just look out at sea.

3) We're fit people, but the Oasis class is just so dang big that it can be a chore just getting from point A to B all the time.

We would choose the Freedom, Independence, and Liberty over the Oasis class ships, but we may be in the minority. Our kids LOVE the Freedom class

Dan

You will love the extra space and walk-in closet. Since it has 7 large windows it can get warm in the afternoon, I would suggest closing them, but only in the afternoon.. The windows wrap around one side of the bed which is really cool to look at in the morning. Its almost like you are driving the ship.

How cool! I've always wanted to "drive the ship!" 🚢🚢🚢

Not gonna happen. When they first started Self Assist, it worked because not many did it....years gone by and now everyone tries to do it! You just can't funnel 2000 peeps into a little hole like that and expect to be speedy! We were Self Assist lovers at first, don't even attempt it any more. Just sit back and enjoy the views until they make you leave and its lots less stressful!

Not gonna happen. When they first started Self Assist, it worked because not many did it....years gone by and now everyone tries to do it! You just can't funnel 2000 peeps into a little hole like that and expect to be speedy! We were Self Assist lovers at first, don't even attempt it any more. Just sit back and enjoy the views until they make you leave and its lots less stressful!

That's what we do too! No flight to catch since we live 20 minutes from Galveston. We're in no hurry to get off. No stress! :D

Would love new ports too. Maybe give her a three itinerary sailing schedule, instead of the current two. Couldn't Liberty make it to Cuba & back in a week?

Only tiny ships, like Empress and Majesty are going to Cuba.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for all the feedback on Liberty. I do agree that Royal needs to add some different itineraries out of Galveston.

This will be our 3rd sailing from this port. We did Voyager, Mariner and in November we will do Liberty. For those here that are interested, we have taken several trips on smaller ships in the Royal fleet. We love the small ship feel and the service is very, very good. I suppose I would like to see a anthem class in Galveston, But not sure about the crowds for the present ports of call. We are looking forward to our Liberty cruise.

Would love new ports too. Maybe give her a three itinerary sailing schedule, instead of the current two. Couldn't Liberty make it to Cuba & back in a week?

We did Rhapsody to Key West, GC, and Cozumel on a 7 day a few years ago from Galveston, so yes it can be done. I'm with you, a change every 3 months would be nice. I thought Key West was going to be a waste, I was wrong and would love to go again !

Only tiny ships, like Empress and Majesty are going to Cuba.

I'm sure Liberty could make it there, I think the issue is Cuban facilities dealing with that many people.