Wife killed by husband on Emerald Princess on Wednesday July 25, 2017

This is a forum about cruising. This murder occurred on a cruise ship. You had a choice to open this thread or scroll along and not read it as the thread is clearly identified as to what it contains. If you didn't won't to read about it, you don't open it. And if you do open it, you don't complain about it.

Hi Kerry and/or Lavine (screw it I'll just call you GTC from now on ;)), agreed, so what if the OP posed it here? It was the first I heard of the story. It wasn't on Bloomberg or BNN when I was watching.

And if the Mods want to move it they can do their job and move it. So many CCer's seem to be auditioning for Mod jobs around here lately.

This is a forum about Royal Caribbean International. The forum for Princess is here (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197) and the forum for cruise news is here (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)

If the moderators didn't intend for subjects to be categorized and posted in specific sections there would just be one board, and no threads would ever be moved.

LOL. You mention moderators. If the moderators don't want this thread around, they'll handle it. Again, you didn't have to open it. You didn't have to read it. Self discipline.

This is a forum about Royal Caribbean International. The forum for Princess is here (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197) and the forum for cruise news is here (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)

If the moderators didn't intend for subjects to be categorized and posted in specific sections there would just be one board, and no threads would ever be moved.

If this thread bothers you that much, report it to the mods and let them decide if it stays or goes. :rolleyes:

I have to say, I agree with everyone else who is stating 'move on with your life and don't bother clicking on the topic if you're so bothered with the fact it's posted here on the RCI forum (or posted at all?!)'...I appreciate that it was posted, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Very sad situation.

The cc posting police are out in full force. Im travelling on Carnival next and not Princess... should I have even read the story? 😂 Thanks for the info. The people complaing are those people in society who clearly have nothing better to do than look for something to complain about. Move along complainers.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Forums mobile app

I appreciate it was posted. I actually just saw it on the world news and came here and saw it and wanted to read about it. It's very sad but was also interesting to me. And this is a cruise forum so what if it's on rccl

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The cc posting police are out in full force. Im travelling on Carnival next and not Princess... should I have even read the story? [emoji23] Thanks for the info. The people complaing are those people in society who clearly have nothing better to do than look for something to complain about. Move along complainers.

Lol.... If you are traveling on carnival then why are you even hear reading on royals board. Lol. Joking.

But fir others The whole point is we all scroll and go to other boards etc and may not have gone to the princess board at this time. It was helpful for itheres to read and if not don't open it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another here who had not heard about it and don't see any issue with thus being posted here. Cruise lines are often compared on these boards and when something happens on one it does inadvertently impact others. I don't visit the Princess board so never would have seen it there myself.

Threads have titles for a reason, you can decide if you want to open it or not. No reason to berate someone for creating a thread. That's what the mods are here for [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

The cc posting police are out in full force. Im travelling on Carnival next and not Princess... should I have even read the story? 😂 Thanks for the info. The people complaing are those people in society who clearly have nothing better to do than look for something to complain about. Move along complainers.

or, maybe, the people who have been CC members for three years and have nearly reached 20,000 posts. Just sayin'...

I have to say, I agree with everyone else who is stating 'move on with your life and don't bother clicking on the topic if you're so bothered with the fact it's posted here on the RCI forum (or posted at all?!)'...I appreciate that it was posted, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Very sad situation.

ditto^

Very sad. I sailed recently on the Anthem, and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice and friendly everyone was, staff and guests! One of our party was disabled, and people were very helpful and kind regarding making room in elevators. It felt very safe. So sad for this family, particularly the children.

If they already knew who the murderer was, why did they restrict passengers to their cabins?

Pure speculation but perhaps a way to keep witnesses around and to not contaminate the situation further? Especially since law enforcement wouldn't be there right away.

I have zero training in LE so I am truly speculating but it makes sense to me.

What a sad story. Prayers for the family and all that were affected by this horrible situation and loss of life.

Pure speculation but perhaps a way to keep witnesses around and to not contaminate the situation further? Especially since law enforcement wouldn't be there right away.

I have zero training in LE so I am truly speculating but it makes sense to me.

What a sad story. Prayers for the family and all that were affected by this horrible situation and loss of life.

I would say that as these are potential witnesses, to however small detail, it is better they stay confined from other passengers so as to stop rumour, and potential crucial detail being tainted.

It's very easy for the mind to alter one's perception of what you see by someone else putting a vision in your mind. For example you may have seen one of those involved wearing a red jumper, but then during chit-chat you hear someone say they saw a guy wearing a blue jumper. All of a sudden you might believe that's what you saw.

It helps stop collusion. They need to gather as much first hand information that is out there, not hearsay.

I had not heard about this or some of the others in the links provided on the web page. I didn't know that there have been that many murders aboard cruise ships.

But what caught my eye on this one and it is very sad that according to the article there were passengers aboard that after finding out about the murder the next morning that these "Passengers were talking about what compensation they might receive from Princess for the inconvenience as a result of this cruise ship murder. Other passengers complained about not being able to disembark and the fact the children were bored"!

Wow Unbelievable!

I had not heard this on the news so thank you for posting it. The event is tragic and the children and family are deeply affected by the senseless tragedy.

Thanks, I don't understand why these so called critics simply by-pass the topic. The thread clearly identifies the topic. In one of the Princess posts, the Op mentions that CC covered this event. I guess these people will criticize any Op that digresses from what they perceive of areas that should be discussed on these boards. Did not realize that we're blessed with a bunch of Editors.

If the mods don't think it should be posted here, they'll have no issue moving it. There's no need for multiple posts questioning why the OP posted it here.

Personally I had not heard about this and I don't frequent the princess board so I wouldn't have heard about it. I do find it interesting even if it's not necessarily on topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree although Princess posters have questioned me why i am posting on their board when i am D+ on RC.

That said we are Princess elite.

So sad news and being from England we had not heard about it.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app