Snap fare gone AND my fare went down this morning!

DaveOKC

I just checked the fare for our cruise in October and we booked at $1500 less per person than what it shows today. That pretty much pays for our business class air fare, so we're good with that. We don't drink enough to make good use of the Explore 4 program, so it's not a great perk for us.

On another matter, does anyone know where the most recent list of groups and charters can be found? I did a search and the search feature timed out 3 times (on my PC and netbook), so I came up empty handed.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I just checked the fare for our cruise in October and we booked at $1500 less per person than what it shows today. That pretty much pays for our business class air fare, so we're good with that. We don't drink enough to make good use of the Explore 4 program, so it's not a great perk for us.

On another matter, does anyone know where the most recent list of groups and charters can be found? I did a search and the search feature timed out 3 times (on my PC and netbook), so I came up empty handed.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

The May 2017 issue is listed here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2501748&highlight=groups+and+charters

Not sure if there is a newer version out yet.

Wow........the prices for suites , for example, has gone up $500 since I booked! That is the HAL direct price, but I am sure a TA would have to show a similar hike.

Also interesting is that the non-refundable deposit is gone, but the low $175 pp is still there.

Edited by Tinknock50

I never book a cruise more that three months out. I wait till after final payment is due on the cruise. We have been away from Holland for awhile now, tried Royal. Now that there is a ban on smoking on the balcony were are coming back to HAL. For 30 something years we lived in Miami and now South Georgia. Living so close to the ports it is easy to book last minute and get a great Deal (no airfare needed). I still wait to book till close to the sailing date. It's to a point that a Balcony Cabin anywhere on the ship is fine with us. I'm not cheap, I'm frugal. You have to weight the perks against the bottom price for a sailing. Free Drinks, tips ect are nice, but is it worth 500pp more for me to get them? NO. The math doesn't add up. Occasionally it does happen and I get a bargain with the added perks, but not often. Last cruise "Oasis" was a real steal. I find prices all over the place for the same cabin. I have several Web Site TA that I use to search cruises. Two that I will actually book on. One gives me the Occasional perks and the other always free travel insurance. We are going to do an eastern Carr. in November. I have found the same cabin from $699 to $1399 on the sites. The time I want to book there are several cruises (different lines) available. If the one I want isn't good, another one will be.

We are 3 in an SS suite on Noordam for June 2018 in Alaska (booked a few months ago via online agency). I had priced it the other day on HAL, and it was $539 more than what we booked. Tuesday after seeing this thread, I checked again, and it is now $1,539 more.If the price doesn't change when E4 sale hits, we may stick with what we have probably. We don't drink alcohol, so the signature beverage package is not of much interest.Will ahve to calculate the value of any other offerings to see if it's more than $1,539.

We are 3 in an SS suite on Noordam for June 2018 in Alaska (booked a few months ago via online agency). I had priced it the other day on HAL, and it was $539 more than what we booked. Tuesday after seeing this thread, I checked again, and it is now $1,539 more.If the price doesn't change when E4 sale hits, we may stick with what we have probably. We don't drink alcohol, so the signature beverage package is not of much interest.Will ahve to calculate the value of any other offerings to see if it's more than $1,539.

Honestly, I doubt it will be worth it for you. Even if you did drink alcohol. But that's JMO assuming Explore4 has not changed.

With private insurance which covers any medical reasons for cancellation we booked a 30 day return San Diego to Peru trip in '19 with a sizeable non refundable deposit -- not under the snap offer. It's still non refundable and prices on our cabin are up $1 000 each! But it seems to be a more or less unique/different itinerary.

Ruth

Is the entire time period covered prior to leaving covered? If so, mind if I ask which company? I took a cursory look at cancel any reason policies on Insuremytrip the other day and only found some that covered up to 48 hours prior to leaving at 75%.

Is the entire time period covered prior to leaving covered? If so, mind if I ask which company? I took a cursory look at cancel any reason policies on Insuremytrip the other day and only found some that covered up to 48 hours prior to leaving at 75%.

Ours is a gov't insurance policy for which we pay privately. We purchase this extended travel insurance on an annual basis whether or not we travel.

Ruth

Ours is a gov't insurance policy for which we pay privately. We purchase this extended travel insurance on an annual basis whether or not we travel.

Ruth

Is there some reason that you cannot provide the name of this insurance company so that other government employees or annuitants can use it? This is not confidential info.

I never book a cruise more that three months out. I wait till after final payment is due on the cruise. We have been away from Holland for awhile now, tried Royal. Now that there is a ban on smoking on the balcony were are coming back to HAL. For 30 something years we lived in Miami and now South Georgia. Living so close to the ports it is easy to book last minute and get a great Deal (no airfare needed). I still wait to book till close to the sailing date. It's to a point that a Balcony Cabin anywhere on the ship is fine with us. I'm not cheap, I'm frugal. You have to weight the perks against the bottom price for a sailing. Free Drinks, tips ect are nice, but is it worth 500pp more for me to get them? NO. The math doesn't add up. Occasionally it does happen and I get a bargain with the added perks, but not often. Last cruise "Oasis" was a real steal. I find prices all over the place for the same cabin. I have several Web Site TA that I use to search cruises. Two that I will actually book on. One gives me the Occasional perks and the other always free travel insurance. We are going to do an eastern Carr. in November. I have found the same cabin from $699 to $1399 on the sites. The time I want to book there are several cruises (different lines) available. If the one I want isn't good, another one will be.
If The most recent HAL website is correct they no longer allow smoking on balconies. Does anyone know if this is true and if so, is it being enforced?

If The most recent HAL website is correct they no longer allow smoking on balconies. Does anyone know if this is true and if so, is it being enforced?

Smoking has not been permitted on balconies for a while now.

It's my understanding that with non refundable deposits we can still take advantage of price drops until final payments as long as cabin does not change. So many people were booking and changing their minds that something needed to be done. That was the explanation I received lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sure it is true and really, you should plan on it being enforced.

It's my understanding that with non refundable deposits we can still take advantage of price drops until final payments as long as cabin does not change. So many people were booking and changing their minds that something needed to be done. That was the explanation I received lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That might be incorrect a few weeks ago price dropped $250 per person and My TA phoned up HAL. Holland refused to adjust the fare because it was under non refundable deposit. All they did was upgraded me to a higher category cabin.

I am sure it is true and really, you should plan on it being enforced.

I certainly hope so. I don't want to be trying to enjoy my balcony and have to bothered by someone smoking.

That might be incorrect a few weeks ago price dropped $250 per person and My TA phoned up HAL. Holland refused to adjust the fare because it was under non refundable deposit. All they did was upgraded me to a higher category cabin.

That's how I was told the non refundable deposits worked. No changes in price would be permitted.

Is there some reason that you cannot provide the name of this insurance company so that other government employees or annuitants can use it? This is not confidential info.

No, but I just assumed that since you live in the US it wasn't an option for you. Realize now you could be a Canadian Snowbird.

It's MEDOC travel insurance which operates under Johnson.

MEDOC is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Co. of Canada.

Hope that helps,

Ruth

Honestly, I doubt it will be worth it for you. Even if you did drink alcohol. But that's JMO assuming Explore4 has not changed.

Nope, no Explore4 for me! Just checked w/ my online agency. For us to switch and keep our SS room, the price would go up a little over $1,000 for the three of us. We don't drink alcohol, nor does the promo it does not include prepaid gratuities, so it's definitely not worth it. We will keep what we have.