Status match - levels

love2cruiseforfree

We are diamond members on RCCL and did the status match. it matched us to the Black Card on MSC.

friends are wondering what level they would be. does anyone know if there is a chart to show this or can you just post if you did do the status match, what cruise line and level you were and what level you became on MSC. thanks

• 9 months later...

It looks like I should have done a little more research. We are platinum on both Carnival and NCL. I status matched us with Carnival, that makes us gold. If I used NCL, we would be black. I used Carnival because we have more cruises with them than with NCL.

It looks like I should have done a little more research. We are platinum on both Carnival and NCL. I status matched us with Carnival, that makes us gold. If I used NCL, we would be black. I used Carnival because we have more cruises with them than with NCL.

I did the same thing! I called and CS told me to resubmit the form. I did that Wed. and received an email from MSC stating we had been changed from Gold status to BLACK status! Not sure how long it has been since you did it but might be worth a try. I noticed it and had it changed within a week.

I appreciate that not many Holland America loyalists will be switching to MSC, but at the price and inclusions for YC in the Caribbean we are certainly adding MSC bookings.

HAL 4-Star matches to BLACK.

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...
It was very easy for us to do. We are just a measly gold on Carnival, and we got status matched to silver on MSC. I'm pleased with that - it gained us a few perks that we didn't otherwise earn.

Glad to know eyeing for 2019

• 2 weeks later...
I submitted a status match 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing back yet. do you think I should resubmit? We are diamond with Carnival.

Pat

Same with us. We applied for status match over two weeks ago and haven’t received a reply yet. Did you reapply or get a email from MSC yet?

As an MLife Gold member with MGM, I matched to Voyagers Club Silver. Was hoping for Gold, but not complaining. Will not be looking a gift horse in the mouth considering I didn't have to do much to receive additional perks.

• 4 years later...
37 minutes ago, Lupush said:

My Wife and I are Platinum (soon to be Sapphire) on NCL and are considering an MSC Cruise.  Would our NCL status translate to Black on the MSC Voyagers Club?

Reported by fellow cruisers…

-Just matched GOLD from Norwegian Platinum.

Sent the status match form in last Friday, NCL Sapphire and got the email today (Monday) MSC match Gold.

At top of MSC forum , above YC menus etc, is Status Match Success reported by those who applied.

Note: no longer called Black but Diamond.

Edited by phissy

4 hours ago, Lupush said:

My Wife and I are Platinum (soon to be Sapphire) on NCL and are considering an MSC Cruise.  Would our NCL status translate to Black on the MSC Voyagers Club?

That was true about four years ago when we matched but is not longer the case. Really not fair to the folks who built up their loyalty status the typical way. We walked onto our first MSC ship as Diamond.  Now you get Gold.