Can These Prices Be For Real????

richsea

I have been tracking prices for 10 and 11 night sailings in January on Reflection. Just got an alert that prices for just about all catagories of balcony rooms have increased by about 50 %. Prices for these rooms are now mostly over $4,000 PER PERSON!

Seriously?? They are out of their minds!

I have been tracking prices for 10 and 11 night sailings in January on Reflection. Just got an alert that prices for just about all catagories of balcony rooms have increased by about 50 %. Prices for these rooms are now mostly over $4,000 PER PERSON!

Not out of their minds if passengers pay for it.:)

Have they added any perks that are embedded in the prices?

Not sure where your price alerts are coming from, but the Reflection 1/28/18 sailing has Concierge cabins for $5572 for 2 with 1 perk. Check the "Summer Savings event promo" for a CC cabin there is $150pp taken off the price at the end of the booking process.

Looking at celebrity's website a veranda is $2650 pp and an aqua is $4150 with no perks. There aren't even any concierge rooms available. Seems high to me!!.....and I thought $3600 for 2 with a perk was high 😳

On the "new" website I didn't see the perks until I selected a cabin & proceeded with the booking process. The Summer Event promo reduction does not show up in the price until you get to the end of the process.

I found this earlier today when someone on one of our roll calls said the was a reduction to our 2018 cruise booking. I went all the way thru the process to find that the new price was $1120 less than what we had booked - kept our perks.

On the "new" website I didn't see the perks until I selected a cabin & proceeded with the booking process. The Summer Event promo reduction does not show up in the price until you get to the end of the process.

I found this earlier today when someone on one of our roll calls said the was a reduction to our 2018 cruise booking. I went all the way thru the process to find that the new price was $1120 less than what we had booked - kept our perks.

Who knows! The website is so messed up. I just did a mock booking in a veranda and it priced at $5500 for 2 and the aqua was over $8000 for 2. Wish they would get the website working correctly. 😡

Not seeing that on my price tracker. All 3 Reflection cruises for January (2018) have had price cuts.

Prices for my cruise on Reflection in February climbed to ridiculous levels months ago and have not dropped a penny since I booked the cruise in Sept 2016. The fare was twice what I am paying when veranda cabins effectively sold out. Will be interesting to see what happens when we are close to final payment. I kept hoping the fare would drop so that I could upgrade to CC or AQ from a veranda cabin. That was wishful thinking on my part.

Something seems "Fishy" regarding these sailings alerts. Just checked an on line agency and prices are nowhere near as high; in fact are somewhat reasonable.

I think you will see that the seemingly "Fishy" alerts for the 10 and 11 day cruises in January have actually been reduced. They are already posted on the site for tomorrow. (Sometimes those alerts are corrected almost immediately, at least in my experience.) ;)

I think they are.

Prices for my cruise on Reflection in February climbed to ridiculous levels months ago and have not dropped a penny since I booked the cruise in Sept 2016. The fare was twice what I am paying when veranda cabins effectively sold out. Will be interesting to see what happens when we are close to final payment. I kept hoping the fare would drop so that I could upgrade to CC or AQ from a veranda cabin. That was wishful thinking on my part.

I just checked the fare for my February 2018 cruise. A handful of veranda cabins are available for prices ranging from $3,189 on deck 6 to $3,739 on deck 9. And AQ is $4,399. Wow!

Who knows! The website is so messed up. I just did a mock booking in a veranda and it priced at $5500 for 2 and the aqua was over $8000 for 2. Wish they would get the website working correctly.

I shudder to think of the grief I will go through when I try to do on line check in for our October cruise. I tried to follow the "check in" link on their site without signing in because I was trying to help a friend with her booking, & received "this page is bo longer available" message. Then why do they still show the link? They are beyond inept.

I think you will see that the seemingly "Fishy" alerts for the 10 and 11 day cruises in January have actually been reduced. They are already posted on the site for tomorrow. (Sometimes those alerts are corrected almost immediately, at least in my experience.) ;)

You're right Beth. I saw that earlier. But I did receive 2 alerts with the increases, but never one for the decreases. Perhaps they hired a former Celebrity IT employee, lol.

Not seen anything that crazy. We got a Concierge room on the Reflection in Jan. 2019. About $2500/PP. I think it's because so many pax will be trying out the edge class. We switched our Jan.2018 trip to the next year.(decide to try Oceania)We moved our deposit to the Jan.4/2019 cruise & got a great deal(we think anyway)

You're right Beth. I saw that earlier. But I did receive 2 alerts with the increases, but never one for the decreases. Perhaps they hired a former Celebrity IT employee, lol.

The Fish can be a little "wonky" at times, but hopefully not so bad that they would ever consider hiring a former IT person from X!! :D

I just checked the fare for my February 2018 cruise. A handful of veranda cabins are available for prices ranging from $3' date='189 on deck 6 to $3,739 on deck 9. And AQ is $4,399. Wow![/quote']

I've just seen a 12 night AQ room up for $1549 including $125 OBC, included grats plus choose one additional perk. That struck me as reasonable.