Verified itinerary changes

boscobeans

This might be a good thread to start in order to communicate between members ACTUAL changes being made by the folks at CELEBRITY. There will be for sure lots of changes being made and a ONE STOP place for information may help any of us who have cruises booked or are planning to book a cruise.

Please post only emails or official notices from the CELEBRITY website.

SHIP OR SHIPS

DATES

ITINERARY CHANGES.

Just a thought

bosco

Those are just Hurricane Irma updates. Celebrity makes other changes to itineraries.

Those are the only changes because the Equinox is the only ship affected, all the other ships are in NJ, Europe or Alaska. That is as far as those changes for Irma.

If the OP is talking about doing it for all changes going forward, it would be very difficult to do because Celebrity does not announce every change. Some are made while the ship is at sea and we wouldn't know about it unless someone reported it on this board.

Edited by dkjretired

I would imagine it would be a few weeks before they announce any adjustments. NCL already moved Escapes Eastern Caribbean routes to Western but that's the only adjustment I've seen officially published. Once more pressing issues are taken care of we will begin to hear more about the long term impact. It's just too early right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Those are the only changes because the Equinox is the only ship affected, all the other ships are in NJ, Europe or Alaska. That is as far as those changes for Irma.

If the OP is talking about doing it for all changes going forward, it would be very difficult to do because Celebrity does not announce every change. Some are made while the ship is at sea and we wouldn't know about it unless someone reported it on this board.

I am sure that the majority of changes will have to be made well in advance of the actual cruise date in order to schedule provisioning, dock space and other logistics.

I expect just like with any changes in weather and port availability some changes can only be made on the spur of the moment but that will be only for the short term, until things begin to sort themselves out.

Celebrity will without a doubt be changing almost every cruise from every port that is scheduled for the Caribbean for the rest of this year and possibly next year as well.

I am sure that Celebrity is well into the exploration process of port availability and all the problems that Irma has created and will begin the process of adjusting their Cruise Search functions and begin the process of notifying booked passengers with any changes to their cruises.

I just thought one thread that deals with actual valid information and not rumors, hopes, wishes, opinions or predictions might be easy to check out each day...

Who knows, I certainly don't.

bosco

Judging from the news reports, it would seem that St. Martin, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk will be out of commission for months, perhaps for the entire winter season. Some other ports may be impacted for lesser periods. Hopefully, they will recover without unnecessary delays, but it would be a mistake to resume calling at a port until infrastructure has been restored to a level that will provide the services required by tourists.

It would be illogical for Celebrity to wait until a ship is out to sea before making changes. The alterations in the Equinox schedule on the Celebrity website are good indications of what might be done.

I am sure that the majority of changes will have to be made well in advance of the actual cruise date in order to schedule provisioning, dock space and other logistics.

I expect just like with any changes in weather and port availability some changes can only be made on the spur of the moment but that will be only for the short term, until things begin to sort themselves out.

Celebrity will without a doubt be changing almost every cruise from every port that is scheduled for the Caribbean for the rest of this year and possibly next year as well.

I am sure that Celebrity is well into the exploration process of port availability and all the problems that Irma has created and will begin the process of adjusting their Cruise Search functions and begin the process of notifying booked passengers with any changes to their cruises.

I just thought one thread that deals with actual valid information and not rumors, hopes, wishes, opinions or predictions might be easy to check out each day...

Who knows, I certainly don't.

bosco

We'll discuss it Friday over a drink...

Here is all you need. Just check Celebrity's website. They have a special link to deal with it.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Celebrity has only posted information about their September 4th sailing. For those of us who are booked for this coming Friday out of Miami - we have no updated information. It would be great for them to give us a heads up. Seems that Celebrity has been doing this long enough to know if the Equinox is going to sail to some place on the 15th.

We'll discuss it Friday over a drink...

I'm retired, no need to wait.. LOL

Here is my first post on this thread...

THIS POST IS SUBMITTED BY, TONGUE N CHEEK

SHIP; The SS Venture.

CRUISE DATE; 10/10/17

CHANGES; Port of Kulakaluha Island will be changed to Skull Island.

EMAIL OR WEBSITE NOTICE;

"09/23/17. N.Y.C.,N.Y. Carl Denham Charters announced today that the SS Venture because of volcanic activity in the area of Kulakaluha Island will change that port of call to Skull Island. Captain Englehorn of the Venture states there will no no other changes to the itinerary. Thank you for your understanding, Carl Denham CEO."

;p

This might be a good thread to start in order to communicate between members ACTUAL changes being made by the folks at CELEBRITY. There will be for sure lots of changes being made and a ONE STOP place for information may help any of us who have cruises booked or are planning to book a cruise.

Please post only emails or official notices from the CELEBRITY website.

SHIP OR SHIPS

DATES

ITINERARY CHANGES.

Just a thought

bosco

I don't think it's a bad idea, not sure why people are trying to shoot it down. Certainly a better use of bandwidth than new threads on dress codes or smoking policies......:p

We know the cruise lines aren't always good at sending emails and updates to every person at the same time if at all, no harm in people posting the changes they've been notified of.

I'm retired, no need to wait.. LOL

Here is my first post on this thread...

THIS POST IS SUBMITTED BY, TONGUE N CHEEK

SHIP; The SS Venture.

CRUISE DATE; 10/10/17

CHANGES; Port of Kulakaluha Island will be changed to Skull Island.

EMAIL OR WEBSITE NOTICE;

"09/23/17. N.Y.C.,N.Y. Carl Denham Charters announced today that the SS Venture because of volcanic activity in the area of Kulakaluha Island will change that port of call to Skull Island. Captain Englehorn of the Venture states there will no no other changes to the itinerary. Thank you for your understanding, Carl Denham CEO."

;p

SS Minow

9/10/17

Unknown.

email sent by Gilligan

Celebrity has only posted information about their September 4th sailing. For those of us who are booked for this coming Friday out of Miami - we have no updated information. It would be great for them to give us a heads up. Seems that Celebrity has been doing this long enough to know if the Equinox is going to sail to some place on the 15th.

I so agree, we don't know whether we will be able to get to the port of Miami if the ship indeed docks there on Friday. We are in GA. where we're having weather issues as well. The Atlanta and Miami airport are both closed, we don't know the status of the roads, gas, cancellations, changes etc., makes it hard to make any kind of decision.

I so agree, we don't know whether we will be able to get to the port of Miami if the ship indeed docks there on Friday. We are in GA. where we're having weather issues as well. The Atlanta and Miami airport are both closed, we don't know the status of the roads, gas, cancellations, changes etc., makes it hard to make any kind of decision.

We managed to find a different flight leaving on the 14th to Miami by calling American Airlines. I'm sure the airport will be open by the time your flight leaves. Hope you can make it. :cool:

I think it's a good idea. It's only the Equinox at the moment, but other ships will be cruising the Carribean soon. Many on these ships will already have their excursions purchased or are purchasing them now as these cruises are within the 90 day check in window. It would be nice to know if they're still on track for their original itineraries or not so you can plan your excursions accordingly.

Judging from the news reports, it would seem that St. Martin, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk will be out of commission for months, perhaps for the entire winter season. Some other ports may be impacted for lesser periods. Hopefully, they will recover without unnecessary delays, but it would be a mistake to resume calling at a port until infrastructure has been restored to a level that will provide the services required by tourists. Add Key West, Tortola and probably Antigua to the list of closures.

It would be illogical for Celebrity to wait until a ship is out to sea before making changes. The alterations in the Equinox schedule on the Celebrity website are good indications of what might be done.

Assuming that the Equinox departs on the 15th, it will be interesting to see if they make a formal statement on a replacement for Key West prior to sailing. Hopefully, port modification plans will be firmer for subsequent departures. My wife & I and friends are sailing on the 25th.

News says Carnival expects Port of Miami to open Tuesday morning. Miami airport also hopes to open Tuesday with limited service.

One problem with finding alternate ports is that all cruise lines with Caribbean itineraries will be looking for those same alternative opportunities.

Some of the possible alternative ports cannot handle the same number of ships that St. Thomas and St.Maarten can, both from docking capacity and excursion opportunities.

Carnival Conquest– September 9

Scheduled to depart Port Everglades on September 12 for a 4 day cruise to Cozumel.

Embarkation time: Please adhere to pre-selected arrival appointment. All guests must arrive no later than 3:00 PM.

Carnival Vista – September 9

Changed to depart Miami on September 13 on a 4 day cruise to Cozumel.

Embarkation time: Please adhere to pre-selected arrival appointment. All guests must arrive no later than 3:00 PM.

Carnival Glory– September 9

Changed to depart Miami on September 13 on a 3 day cruise to Freeport and Nassau.

Carnival Victory – September 11

CANCELLED

Carnival Sensation – September 11

Scheduled to depart Miami on September 13 for a 3 day cruise to Nassau.

Embarkation time: To be determined. Update will be provided tomorrow.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞