why was the booze package removed from my cruise?

luckyinpa

Has anyone using the AIBP seen any limits so far - I know there was talk of it and at one time the AIBP was stating that "there might be a limit". Just curious as we have 2 cruises booked with the sip and sail. One for 17 days this year and one for 20 days next year. If there are going to put a limit on drinks I would hope they would make some kind of announcement.

Just reporting back that I was able to go to our booking summary and purchase the AIBP. There was some discussion of a possible price increase in the package, starting September 30th. Anyway, the pricing today was still $57.40 per day, including the gratuity. Since we leave in October, I wanted to ensure that we purchased under the old pricing, just in case. Thank you again SpareBrew.:)

You're very welcome! Glad I could have helped out! Have a great cruise!

Has anyone using the AIBP seen any limits so far - I know there was talk of it and at one time the AIBP was stating that "there might be a limit". Just curious as we have 2 cruises booked with the sip and sail. One for 17 days this year and one for 20 days next year. If there are going to put a limit on drinks I would hope they would make some kind of announcement.

For a short time there was a mention that "limits may apply" or verbiage to that effect when one looked at the info for the AIBP. That verbiage has since been removed. The "limit" that was being bandied about was 15 alcoholic drinks per day. I don't think I'd have a problem with that particular limit. If people would quit being jerks and "sharing" their package there wouldn't be a need for limits.

Still showing for purchase under bev. packs on our Nov. cruise....old price.

I have spoken to 2 Princess reps and my TA they claim the limit is 15 for alcoholic drinks now as others have stated.

I have also gotten information from a Princess rep stating that there would be a 15 alcoholic drink limit per 24 hour period but they were very unclear about when that would take effect. Looking for anyone who has actually be cut off after 15 drinks

I have also gotten information from a Princess rep stating that there would be a 15 alcoholic drink limit per 24 hour period but they were very unclear about when that would take effect. Looking for anyone who has actually be cut off after 15 drinks

Per 24 hour period? so when does it start once we get on the ship or when we order our first drink...seems like they might need some special book keeping for that.........LOL

I do have the package in Nov.(promo) and had it on 2 past cruises it's hard to met 15...but if they now have a limit they might see me just picking up an extra drink of two...just because.....:evilsmile:

After other promos offers on 2 of my sailings and price drops I figured out that keeping the promo packages ultimately panned out to a 2 for 1.

Edited by land lover

In your cruise personalizer click on Onboard Reservations then scroll to the bottom of the page. Your complimentary AIBP should be listed there.

enhance

Ours shows the same as above.

We booked under Sip & Sail

Think?? the OP is not booked under Sip & Sail and would like to purchase the AIBP and is having a problem doing so.

Ours shows the same as above.

We booked under Sip & Sail

Think?? the OP is not booked under Sip & Sail and would like to purchase the AIBP and is having a problem doing so.

Snark much? If you want to look back at my post you will perhaps notice that I had quoted BoopTennis and was replying to a specific question that was asked rather than to the OP. I'll include the relevant quote (again) below.

I have the Sip & Sail promo with the AIBP booked for a cruise in Dec 2018. Where on the Princess website booking should I look to find that they show I do have the bev package? Thank you

Edit: Oh, look. Another post by BoopTennis right above this one... I'll include it as well.

I found it! thank you!

So it appears sip and sail which includes all in the cabin is different than the AIBP............. One is promotion and the other isn't for sle on a number of cruises.

Yes, sort of... The Sip and Sail is indeed a promo where you get the AIBP included. Alternately you can get OBC instead but all in the cabin must take either the AIBP or the OBC - it can't be "one of each".

The AIBP is for sale on almost all other cruises. (It's not allowed for super short cruises.) There is just currently an issue with it now showing up for purchase unless you actually go to the Onboard Reservations page and then click on the package where it's listed as an option. It seems to still be available but apparently was previously available elsewhere on the personalizer. Hope that makes sense.

YOU are stand up guy, I like you and Griller . You two answer stuff like regular guys. Anyway Just need my morning coffee in a fantastic little café. I drink drip coffee BUT CRUISES I get those coffee cards ( 2) of them GRATIS for ELITE Status. I trade out my mini bar for 2 coffee cards every cruise. I do B2B and wind up with 4 cards , and it is a real treat to try all those styles. The expresso, cappuccino. latté, I do it all. It is my treat. I wake zero dark hundred every day, never going change it is me. I get it Live, Laugh , Love . I just had a little café get twisted for me and my morning peace of open sea café and gave my critique on it.

Maybe they will not serve alcohol in the THAT ONE PLACE until like 10am. I would be well gone.... I do sit for a while , where to go? Cruise life, a pause to refresh , open sea and fresh air. I have a few , a pastry another Latte, check my email than coffee for until my wife wakes she wakes calls me on the radio. You say lots of funny stuff and so does Griller.

Maybe they will not serve alcohol in the THAT ONE PLACE until like 10am. I would be well gone.... I do sit for a while , where to go?

There is usually one on-deck bar that opens at 0600 or 0700.

Depending on the ship -- if there international cafe is part of a bar, the bar may be open 24 hours.

On some ships, particularly where the international cafe was added later, the coffee service is

not within the original bar, and the bar closes overnight.

I don't care what other people do.

If you want to go to the bar at 0600, and then go back to your cabin to use your sewing machine

and face time with friends at home, fine with me.

There is usually one on-deck bar that opens at 0600 or 0700.

Depending on the ship -- if there international cafe is part of a bar, the bar may be open 24 hours.

On some ships, particularly where the international cafe was added later, the coffee service is

not within the original bar, and the bar closes overnight.

I don't care what other people do.

If you want to go to the bar at 0600, and then go back to your cabin to use your sewing machine

and face time with friends at home, fine with me.

I am not to sure what you are trying to say? The Atrium Bar is open but does NOT serve alcohol 24 hrs. I believe they will not serve alcohol until 6am in the bar. I have been at the bar and a passenger requesting an alcohol drink was a told no alcohol served until 6am. The Coffee bar and soft drinks are available 24 hrs a day. I was thinking the coffee bar could possibly not serve until like 10 am that is all I was looking for. The comment regarding use my sewing machine and face time with friends means what? Is that a comment meant to be a crude remark at me? You should be a little more respectable with your comments.

If you think I am some type of guy who sews and face time you got some one else in mind. Why the arrogant remark? You feel you need to be rude. I do not drink alcohol and I have my reasons. Some of us have to be very responsible when we are doing our duties . I have carried a weapon on my hip for 3 decades and when it is discharged I have to give blood and urine every time. If I ever had ANY traces of drugs or alcohol I would be in a very bad position to explain why I had alcohol in my system when I am required to not have any alcohol 12 hrs prior to my duty. I decided at the young age and the rank of Captain Of US Marines to put the plug in the jug and never drink again. I never had an alcohol issues for excessive drinking or uncontrolled behavior from it and I am very happy I decided to put the plug in the jug. I still carry a weapon every day and I still will never drink alcohol or take a drug that is not prescribed our brought over the counter. I cruise to escape completely and enjoy the open sea and fresh air. I wake every morning no later than 5 am and go for coffee I would like to continue the peaceful morning I have enjoyed with Princess for over 800 sea days.

I post only regarding a critique of an experience or program on Princess cruise lines. I saw the post about the AIBP and it might be going away? maybe a limit on drinks? I think many enjoy this program and many are abusing it just like the coffee card program. You know the coffee card that is used for both and purchased for one. The coffee card that is bought on one cruse and then taken to every cruise for free fresh grind coffee which it is NOT intended to be for. The fresh free ground is for a coffee card purchased for that voyage and that voyage only regarding the unlimited fresh grind. The punches are good forever We now have the drink package and it is being used to get free drinks , and I do not care if the free drinks and fresh coffee are still going on or stopped that is a business revenue customer service decision that will be analyzed. My critic was the ambience in the MORNING is much different than the past 70 something cruises. I get this post directed at me from you and it is not easy to understand your point regarding my critique other than you being rude to my remark and being personal calling out my sewing machine druthers and face time. I will accept an apology Pablo .

I have the Sip & Sail promo with the AIBP booked for a cruise in Dec 2018. Where on the Princess website booking should I look to find that they show I do have the bev package? Thank you

Check the ON BOARD purchases under beverages. Go all the way to the bottom.

[quote=Fat Albert;54078713 I still carry a weapon every day and I still will never drink alcohol or take a drug that is not prescribed our brought over the counter. I cruise to escape completely and enjoy the open sea and fresh air. I wake every morning no later than 5 am and go for coffee I would like to continue the peaceful morning I have enjoyed with Princess for over 800 sea days.

Since Princess Cruise Lines does not allow weapons to be carried on board, that would be 800 days that you did not carry a weapon. If you were found to have a concealed weapon, you would be disembarked by Security at the nearest port.

My DH and I were on the same 19-Day Panama cruise, last November, that you were on. The behavior that you are describing at the IC simply and plainly DID NOT EXIST. The average age on the cruise was 80-years-old. (It was actually higher, but there were a few of us in our fifties, and a couple of babies, that brought the average age down.)

IMHO, if you found the Panama Cruise to be full of "noisy drunks", you will probably not be happy with any cruise line.

I am not to sure what you are trying to say? The Atrium Bar is open but does NOT serve alcohol 24 hrs.

Despite your pronouncement, this varies by ship.

On carribbean, for instance, the atrium bar is not open 24 hours. The international cafe was added later, and

is 'around the corner' from the bar. The international cafe is open 24 hours.

The last time I was on emerald, the coffee machines were within the atrium bar.

The bar and coffee machines were open 24 hours, including alcohol.

The Coffee bar and soft drinks are available 24 hrs a day.

Soft drinks are not available 24 hours a day on many princess ships.

BTW, I intended no offense what so ever toward you, and I really don't understand your reply.

You carry a weapon? What does that have to do with a beverage package on a cruise vacation?

Or, are you trying to threaten me?

Edited by pablo222