What to skip on the NCL menu

tcruisin77

I enjoy most of the food I've had on NCL ships, but I don't understand how they manage to make their desserts taste so blah. I would take a dessert back to my room after dinner to savor it before bedtime. They would look so delectable but were invariably tasteless and not worth the calorie splurge. NCL, read and heed. Please. You have time to fix this over the next 7 months till my next cruise.

NCL does a crap job with desserts. They always have actually. NCL food now is good but the desserts still continue to be blah.

I also don't love the pasta in La Cucina. Maybe it's the tomato sauce on the pasta but everything with pasta and red sauce isn't great either. Olive Garden is better by a lot!

All other food on NCL has improved so much that I like literally everything. Steaks have improved, the lobster when it was around last year was delicious (and I'm from New England the pickiest of judges there!), I like the lunch items, the Ahi sandwich, Eggs benedict, cinnamon roll french toast.......everything is really good now. The food is just good. I hope they keep it this way!

The internet ate my detailed post. Grr. Abbreviated list of waste of calories:

-Ice cream/gelato. I'm from Wisconsin and am picky. I don't like the soft serve, hand dipped or gelato. But whether it's soft serve or hand dipped, people clamor for this stuff on ships.

Yes, this!! They need custard!!

The Chocoholics buffet is fun to watch and look at, but don't eat everything!

I thought they stopped doing the chocolate buffet. Don't remember seeing it for several years now, then again, I haven't really been looking for it. I do agree that many items are not worth the calories.

I agree desserts in the buffet are pretty bad, but we love soft serve ice cream and the hand scooped ice cream. One evening they brought out a blueberry cobbler and with ice cream on top was pretty darn good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

the buffet curries are excellent.

the green chicken curry in the MDR is always bland. not sure why i always order it, hoping it will be better.

the cornish hen in the MDR is the WORST!

i actually like that the desserts are so bad, because then i dont eat them! saves more calories for booze (i highly recommend the Bushwhacker for dessert).

Here's a tip....last year's cruise on the Dawn, I found myself seriously wanting cookies. It was long after dinner and the buffet was still open. Searched the entire buffet...No cookies to be found! I saw one of the servers by the desserts and asked about cookies. She went in the back and a few minutes later returned with a plate full of cookies. Just out of the oven!!

I grabbed some milk and hurried back to my cabin before someone snatched the plate out of my hand. People in the elevator couldn't stop looking at them and I was getting very nervous. Made it back to my cabin with the coveted cookies intact and hubby and I ate the entire plate!

They were the BEST oatmeal raisin cookies I've ever had! So, if there is something you are craving, just ask. You just might get it with a big smile!

Sent from my SM-T357T using Forums mobile app