This is New to Me for AIBP

Murray's Pop

We can always just walk out. On our cruise leaving next Sunday our roll call represents a full 10% of passengers on the ship. If they implement something this stupid I think it would be great for the entire Meet and Greet group to walk out and leave the officers standing there alone.

Thrak, I'm on that cruise as well. Why would I want to walk out and not meet my fellow cruisers to support the probably small number that have the PBP? I have the paid

gratuities package, so I will just use the OBC's I would have used to pay gratuities to purchase a beverage when I choose.

Plus, as you know our M&G starts at 10am. Got to believe at that time in the morning, most

wouldn't be to concerned if they had to wait until the end of the meeting for a cocktail or whatever. Just my thoughts.

Pam

Thrak, I'm on that cruise as well. Why would I want to walk out and not meet my fellow cruisers to support the probably small number that have the PBP? I have the paid

gratuities package, so I will just use the OBC's I would have used to pay gratuities to purchase a beverage when I choose.

Plus, as you know our M&G starts at 10am. Got to believe at that time in the morning, most

wouldn't be to concerned if they had to wait until the end of the meeting for a cocktail or whatever. Just my thoughts.

Pam

I agree about the hour. It's the insane policy I object to. How would it be if they told you that you can't use your OBC for something during the Meet and Greet or at some other random time? It's just plain wrong.

I agree with Thrak. Someone in the ivory tower that likes explicit rule boundaries and not thinking clearly. It won't be very far from a M&G venue to grab a drink if folks want one. Some might want to grab a special coffee from IC first. No way they stop anyone from carrying a drink around or into a space - except probably the kids club. I am all for knocking down insane red tape and rules. Getting a drink in the M&G area of the ship should work no differently than any other area of the ship.

There are no restrictions on walking around the ship with a drink. Passengers do it all the time. Of course, it's a little tricky it you have a drink in a stemmed martini glass.

i usually tell them i plan on roaming and they will put it in an easier to walk around with glass

On 2 of the my last cruises , I was teh M&G contact with Princess.........no bar tenders were even available to serve drinks. However on prior ones I used my AIBP and got drinks so thanks for the warning....... I'll just take a drink with me....

I can just see it now ...going to the pursers desk and requesting a charged drink to be removed....I have the beverage package and was charged for a drink in Skywalkers.. Rep......let me check what time it was...were u at an M&G.....give me a break..:D:evilsmile:

Edited by land lover

It is sad that Princess HQ types seem to have lost their minds. This could very well leave many Princess stalwarts, including me, a little upset and cause us to look elsewhere to spend our hard earned cruise dollars elsewhere.....

Bob

We can always just walk out. On our cruise leaving next Sunday our roll call represents a full 10% of passengers on the ship. If they implement something this stupid I think it would be great for the entire Meet and Greet group to walk out and leave the officers standing there alone.

You mean the officiers who don't want to be there, but were commanded to appear?

Hmmm. I have never had the package on Princess or RCCL. However, in comparing the two from published info it appear RCCL's only restriction is no room service, package covers everything else. If the drink exceeds $12 you pay the difference. You can also purchase the RCCL package mid cruise for your remaining days at a pro-rated price.

I was on the fence before because of RCCL Internet access. (Don't flame me I'm one of those that can't just unplug) Now with the price of drinks going up and the AIBP/PBP package value going down maybe it's time to give RCCL another try.

Wonder if Princess will put time restrictions on it next? Like it's only good between 8 and 9AM or after Midnight. Oh, and only if you aren't part of some event or group so you must drink by yourself during those specified times. Come on Princess.

Looks like the M&G falls under either group event or private event.

"The Premier Beverage Package cannot be combined with other programs, promotions, onboard specials, or events, such as: group or charter events, room service items, minibar items, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar functions, wine tastings, chefs tables, buckets of beer, buy one get one type offers, specialty dining cover charges, food items for sale such as ice-cream etc."

Does this mean you can't use the package in the specialty restaurants?

Also, what about shows? With the new Medallion that is coming out you are supposed to be able to have a drink delivered to you anytime, anywhere. So if you order a drink at your seat in the theater, because you are there for an event, does this mean it isn't covered? Are they going to say, "No, I'm sorry. The string quartet is playing in the Piazza. You must pay for your drink." or "It's sailaway. That's a special event. Your package isn't valid at this time."

Why do I have a feeling this is going to be another "rule" that is enforced one way on one ship and another way on another ship. We now have another topic that will be as hotly contested as dress code and tipping. :rolleyes:

Just how are the bar-tenders at the nearby bar supposed to know who is with the M&G?

Seriously.... does anyone believe that they are going to deny service.

I also do not know how a publicly promoted and OPEN Meet and Greet could be considered to be a 'private event', the same as a private wedding reception, family reunion even, etc... (which, that could warrant exclusion)

Sure, princess can choose not to offer a bar-tending service for the M&G.

If a bar is offered.... Perhaps based on anticipated number participating....

Then it either needs to be open bar, with AIBP honored. Or no bar at all.

I think this entire thing has jumped the shark here.

Just another thing where the objectives and 'interpretation' are just NOT going to hold up, if enough people vociferously object.

Maybe I wouldn't boycott the Meet and Greet.

But, if I were denied use of my AIBP (which I could, actually, have PAID for)

Along with a dozen or two other passengers......

I think this could be a voice that might be heard loud and clear.

(Voiced in a reasonable and clear manner, of course)

I am thinking that Princess has had these kinds of issues with other things, where they had to clarify and back-track.

Looks like the M&G falls under either group event or private event.

"The Premier Beverage Package cannot be combined with other programs, promotions, onboard specials, or events, such as: group or charter events, room service items, minibar items, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar functions, wine tastings, chefs tables, buckets of beer, buy one get one type offers, specialty dining cover charges, food items for sale such as ice-cream etc."

I'm guessing the cover charge for these are in excess of $12 and would have to be paid separately.

This includes wine, so it shouldn't count against the $15 drinks. If one doesn't drink wine but has the PBP I would hope they are allowed to get a different drink through their package.

It seems unnecessary to use this if you have PBP, you would just get one drink at a time. If you are prohibited from receiving a single drink order during the promotion that would be wrong.

Specialty dining is a food item, not a drink. I can't imagine them not allowing drinks against your PBP with your meal - just not discounting the cover charge.

Room service and mini-bar weren't part of it before, and I'm guessing the group events disclaimer is to prohibit sharing. It won't really affect me, unless they limit the soda & more package also.

Room service and mini-bar weren't part of it before, and I'm guessing the group events disclaimer is to prohibit sharing. It won't really affect me, unless they limit the soda & more package also.

The already have limited the Soda & More package. It no longer includes shakes.

I've been on cruises where large groups have taken over (reserved) a whole lounge during the time when a second nightly event would normally be held. If this applies to a M&G, I would imagine this rule would apply to these events also - as these groups are often into drinking at their parties this wold greatly impact them if they have the beverage package that can't be used during a nightly group activity.

All these new little restrictions on using the beverage package rather defeats the purpose of having a beverage package.

As someone else noted, that's likely why they changed the name. It's anything BUT all inclusive.

Wasn't worth it to us before these additional restrictions and price hike, it certainly isn't worth it now.

I also do not know how a publicly promoted and OPEN Meet and Greet could be considered to be a 'private event', the same as a private wedding reception, family reunion even, etc... (which, that could warrant exclusion)

A Cruise Critic Meet and Greet is a private event. It is not an OPEN event. The general public is not invited - just the people on the Roll Call (and anyone following the Roll Call but not joining) (and anyone who knows anyone on the Roll Call who invites them).