Need HELP Transferring Reservation FROM a TA

jelayne

Emmy, were your reservations on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean or both?

I'm pretty sure it is the same agency-this was the first time I had booked with them.

Both. I understood this email to be for both RCI and Celebrity as it is RCCL Try it and find out. They did respond quickly

Isn't that the same number I posted on pg 1?

Yes Pete; it is the same number. I had to go and look for it and then post it later. Please don’t be upset that it came after your posting, as I did not mean to add the same one. It just happened in my hurry to help! It was a different number from the one I saw...I just wanted to help Jelayne...

Suzy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

Jelayne, is that agency in Arkansas and has the word Sky in the name? I have had an awful time with them too. Such a shock as I was used to getting correct responses in hours, not days .It took 3 weeks to get a satisfactory resolution to a situation I had.This was an RCI reservation and I did get the resolutions dept. to agree to handle the reservation for payments if I could not get a proper resolution. Good luck in getting Celebrity to take this away from the TA.

Jelayne, is that agency in Arkansas and has the word Sky in the name? I have had an awful time with them too. Such a shock as I was used to getting correct responses in hours, not days .It took 3 weeks to get a satisfactory resolution to a situation I had.This was an RCI reservation and I did get the resolutions dept. to agree to handle the reservation for payments if I could not get a proper resolution. Good luck in getting Celebrity to take this away from the TA.

I have had issues with this agency since owner has died and the TA I usually used left the company. My cruise is not till 2018 so don't want to cancel and re book as the cost went way up from what I paid.

Edited by pamkev

In the past we booked several cruises with them, and received and "excellent" service, upgrades , price reductions, gifts, etc. Sorry this is happening with this TA. The new manager is putting in the trash all prestige that L. C. made. I tried to book my eclipse cruise with them answering our emails three or four days after I request information, then I go to FB page and discover that she died also there is a thread here in CC, So I decided to go to a local TA certified by Celebrity.

Edited by gerelmx

I just want to say "Thank You" to all for the suggestions, contact information and the positive support. The CC community is awesome! After another sleepless night I have contacted RCCL and we will see what happens. I chose that avenue since others booked with the same TA have had success with RCCL getting their reservation moved.

This B2B is our "trip of a lifetime" and we have organized private tours for almost every port for others from our Roll Call, have planned 2 nights off the ship to see the Taj Mahal and if we aren't successful in getting the reservations transferred we will find a way to make the final payment and take our trip.

I will post and let you know how what happens. But know you & all your advice are sincerely appreciated.

Joan

I just want to say "Thank You" to all for the suggestions, contact information and the positive support. The CC community is awesome! After another sleepless night I have contacted RCCL and we will see what happens. I chose that avenue since others booked with the same TA have had success with RCCL getting their reservation moved.

This B2B is our "trip of a lifetime" and we have organized private tours for almost every port for others from our Roll Call, have planned 2 nights off the ship to see the Taj Mahal and if we aren't successful in getting the reservations transferred we will find a way to make the final payment and take our trip.

I will post and let you know how what happens. But know you & all your advice are sincerely appreciated.

Joan

I hope you quickly receive good news from RCCL - and that the pricing is what you expect based on the original paperwork/email from the TA.

What a nightmare! I've booked through a TA and directly through Celebrity, and I prefer the direct booking through Celebrity for this reason. I just wish Celebrity would match what TA's offer at times. I guess the commission paid to TAs isn't worth the perks some TAs are able to give.

I normally book through this agency also. I have 4 cruises booked with them for Dec. 2017 and March 2019. I have yet to receive my paid invoice for my December cruise but I do know that my credit card was billed by Celebrity and my reservation is in Celebrity's system. I have another cruise that needs to be paid by Dec of this year and it bothers me that I can't get to speak with anyone. This used to be a great agency. I am sure Lori is rolling over in her grave. I too would like to know how you made out with your problem as I would love to switch also.

Pat

I normally book through this agency also. I have 4 cruises booked with them for Dec. 2017 and March 2019. I have yet to receive my paid invoice for my December cruise but I do know that my credit card was billed by Celebrity and my reservation is in Celebrity's system. I have another cruise that needs to be paid by Dec of this year and it bothers me that I can't get to speak with anyone. This used to be a great agency. I am sure Lori is rolling over in her grave. I too would like to know how you made out with your problem as I would love to switch also.

Pat,

I'm having the same problems with this agency also. I've been a customer for over 14 years and have never, ever had a problem previously. I agree too, Lori has to be rolling over in her grave seeing what is happening to her company. I can't get them to respond to emails or phone messages and I'm about ready to take my current reservations to the cruise line.

I just returned from a cruise booked by this agency. We had no reason to contact them, and all went well thank goodness. So sorry to hear that their usual stellar service has fallen apart. I understand that other family members are involved in the business, so maybe things will settle down eventually.

. I called and she said the agency owner died a few months prior, most of the staff had left and they were having trouble finding records.

quote]

My final payment is due next week. All day I have been trying to phone my agency, only getting voice box.

The last time I had any contact with my agency was August and at time found out that the owner of the agency had passed away in the spring. The agent I dealt with has left the agency.

I am wondering if we have the same agency, my agency is from Tontitown, AR, 72770?

. I called and she said the agency owner died a few months prior, most of the staff had left and they were having trouble finding records.

quote]

My final payment is due next week. All day (Tue) have been trying to phone my agency, only getting voice box.

The last time I had any contact with my agency was August and at time found out that the owner of the agency had passed away in the spring. The agent I dealt with has left the agency.

I am wondering if we have the same agency, my agency is from Tontitown, AR, 72770?

Just an update.

I tried all day (Tue) to contact Sky??? Agency and only got the voice box (left only 1 message, all other calls I just hung up) and emailed 4 times. I received a phone call tonight (Tue) from them and was able to do final payment for my January 2018 cruise.

She said they are busy from all the Hurricanes. I asked about my sisters contacting them for their payments and were told to leave a voice box message or use their email address.

Just an update.

I tried all day (Tue) to contact Sky??? Agency and only got the voice box (left only 1 message, all other calls I just hung up) and emailed 4 times. I received a phone call tonight (Tue) from them and was able to do final payment for my January 2018 cruise.

She said they are busy from all the Hurricanes. I asked about my sisters contacting them for their payments and were told to leave a voice box message or use their email address.

Sorry but for me the after 4 weeks of trying to reach a live person the hurricane excuse doesn't fly anymore. We have cruises booked with other TAs and no one else is playing the "hurricane" card. The others are answering the phone, returning calls & emails. Unfortunately this TA is in a chaotic state and and many of us are left scrambling to try and make up for their inept operation! I only had 2 conversations with Lori but I'm sure this what not she envisioned her legacy to be.

I also have used this agency for many, many cruises in the past with no problems.

I was calling every 5 minutes for 4 1/2 hours with 4 emails. Maybe they are getting their act together and I was lucky that they called me back and received my final invoice that same day.

I advised my sister to contact them early and not to wait until final payment encase they have the same problems.

I also have used this agency for many, many cruises in the past with no problems.

I was calling every 5 minutes for 4 1/2 hours with 4 emails. Maybe they are getting their act together and I was lucky that they called me back and received my final invoice that same day.

I advised my sister to contact them early and not to wait until final payment encase they have the same problems.

Or perhaps they are also reading the negative posts about their service which promoted a response. Used this agency for 11 years and no way is it the same as it was before owner's untimely passing. I was fortunate to have met and cruised on her group cruises. she was the best.

I had a situation happen with a TA that would never respond also. It happened to be on Royal Caribbean but since they are owned by the same company the resolution should be the same. I emailed the resolution Department and explain the situation. They then took it on themselves to take away the booking from the travel agent. I then dealt directly with Royal Carribean for that sailing. So, find out how you email resolutions with celebrity and see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I had a situation happen with a TA that would never respond also. It happened to be on Royal Caribbean but since they are owned by the same company the resolution should be the same. I emailed the resolution Department and explain the situation. They then took it on themselves to take away the booking from the travel agent. I then dealt directly with Royal Carribean for that sailing. So, find out how you email resolutions with celebrity and see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Others also suggested I email which I did on Monday, now just waiting to hear back. Glad your situation worked out.

My sister left a voice box message before they opened this morning. They returned her call after a short time.

Maybe they have their act together now.

I emailed them Tuesday afternoon so I could get a copy of my paid invoice. It came to me this morning. I think things are not as bad as we might think.

Pat

For some things are as bad as they could be. Glad you got what you needed. Since 10/2 I have left 3 voice mail messages & sent a email. No response to any of them. So a $1260 error on their part and in 36 days I have talked to a person once who promised to call me back no later than the next day- that was 13 days ago

Looks like Celebrity/RCCL is going to pull my reservations from them. So thankful. Don't think I will stray from my NE TA again anytime soon.