Celebrity alert

nyupolyalan

Trying to understand why it is shame on Celebrity Reflection when it is your excursion and your responsibility to ask questions if you think you're not going to get off the ship in time. Having just come off Reflection, I noted that for very early morning docking, they would not announce the ship being cleared, but we got off anyway because we knew when our excursion meet up plan was and made sure we got off in time to meet at the appropriate time.

My thoughts too.

Do you have to be a card carrying member or can anyone book an excursion to Costco? :confused:

I think you have to be a member unless you just want to browse...if you want to actually buy something you have to join but what are you going to do on a ship with a side of beef and 3 dozen rolls of toilet paper? :confused:

We booked our last cruise through Costco. Right before the cruise, they sent us an email listing private shore excursions they were offering supposedly for less money than the cruise line was charging. They were not free by any means. We did not book any thru them, so I don’t have any further information.

With so many people trying to get off, it's hard perhaps for a private group to get off early because Celebrity makes sure their tours get off the ship first.

We always get off the ship before the Celebrity excursions. We have never had a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think you have to be a member unless you just want to browse...if you want to actually buy something you have to join but what are you going to do on a ship with a side of beef and 3 dozen rolls of toilet paper? :confused:
Good point. I'll have to grab charcoal and a grill while I'm there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Costco excursion.........

Grab a hot dog and a soda for $1.50!

Buy some useless stuff that you can return at the next port with no problems.

Finish off with a rotisserie chicken for $4.99

Made his day not to be able to take this excursion.

WOW

Have to agree....we always watch carefully for the time we are supposed to meet our tour operators, and would be asking questions if it did not look like people were being allowed off the ship. Just got off the Infinity a couple weeks ago and love Celebrity's policy of no in-room announcements. We could hear announcements once or twice per day in the hallway (including the "ship is cleared"), but it was not obtrusive.

I presume that they booked some excursion through costco travel agents (as well as possibly their cruise). Nothing wrong with that.

What I cannot understand is why you would not want to go to where the ship info says you get off at that port at the time you were supposed to meet your tour group and see if you could get off. I would not wait for any announcement. Take responsibility. If you book a tour through a private means (i.e. not the ship itself), then you need to be more proactive. We usually book our own tours and no way would I wait for the time to pass and expect the tour group to still be there waiting for me. I was on an Oceania cruise last year and did several private tours and we were always off the ship and early to the designated meeting point. While I do recall that we waited for some people in the group to show up - I didn't want to be those people!!