Thoughts on new Symphony of the Seas cruise ship?

The Symphony will have Solo rooms but they are on deck 4 as Oceanview rooms. I know because I have one for Nov 2018. I was on the first full 7 days cruise on Harmony last year and a lot of folks had their dining and shows changed suddenly. I also did not like the Solarium and agree it was windy and noisy. I felt the Allure was better also without the ugly pink dry slide. Looks like Symphony will have that again.

Weren't those the rooms that someone posted that they had removed. You might want to confirm.

Weren't those the rooms that someone posted that they had removed. You might want to confirm.

OMG thanks for pointing out to me. I even quote a new invoice but just filed away. Now i see that they changed me to a deck 10 room facing forward all the way in the front. But they also charged me 100 change fee. I am thinking these are bigger rooms and I should be grateful for only 100 dollars more. Then again they did not ask me if I wanted the new room. I guess I should be happy with a normal size oceanview room for only $100 more.

In the end I never did like the solo rooms on deck 4 on the Harmony. I guess I should be happy and glad you pointed it out to me.

The poster may be in for a rude awakening.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was Biker 19 but then I see I am now getting a normal size oceanview for only 100 dollars more. See my reply to other comment on this thread. I guess 100 dollars is more is good then. Still I think RCI needs to do a better job with solo rooms like NCL. They have them high up in the ship with inside halls and a lounge. RCI is behind on this. toodles

I was Biker 19 but then I see I am now getting a normal size oceanview for only 100 dollars more. See my reply to other comment on this thread. I guess 100 dollars is more is good then. Still I think RCI needs to do a better job with solo rooms like NCL. They have them high up in the ship with inside halls and a lounge. RCI is behind on this. toodles

I would call. If I recall correctly the other poster was not charged the $100 fee.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

The studios were sold in error. There should be NO fee. And you may be able to change cabins within the same category (6N) or price if you ask. Depends what’s available on your sailing.

+1 - there should be no fee - RCI made the change.

So I am on the phone now. I did make a change in August from a Europe trip to a Caribbean trip and they did not charge me 100 dollars. But they put it in the Oct invoice with the room change. They claim they were catching up and I am arguing as a Diamond member to overlook since they had not included at the time of an itinerary change in August. So unhappy but I did a mock up and the room I have would have been 420 dollars more anyways. Still NCL is nicer to folks.:mad:

one more thing I hope they line up the three sisters for Symphony when it comes over from Europe. Having all FOUR side by side would be cool too.

That would be neat, but they would have to modify some itineraries, I think, to get it to work when she arrives. She is due in Miami on November 9, 2018, which is a Friday. Allure is in Mexico or Honduras. A possible time, without drastically modifying itineraries, would be Saturday November 17th. Symphony leaves from Miami that day, while the Harmony, Oasis and Allure are on their way back to Fort Lauderdale, Port Canaveral and Miami respectively -- all three then depart on 11/18.

mac_tlc

We have been on oasis, allure, and harmony. We sail a lot only living 40 minutes from Fort Lauderdale. Our favorite by far is the harmony, so many little things that made our trip awesome. Cabin has a much better layout, among other things like chairs on balcony recline. All little things that make harmony so much better than oasis and allure. We will try symphony as well too, I am sure it will have even more things to make your experience better.

I agree with all of this. Loved the room decor, layout and also even enjoyed all of the slides

I’m booked on Symphony Nov 2018. Can’t wait to see the new things.

That would be neat, but they would have to modify some itineraries, I think, to get it to work when she arrives. She is due in Miami on November 9, 2018, which is a Friday. Allure is in Mexico or Honduras. A possible time, without drastically modifying itineraries, would be Saturday November 17th. Symphony leaves from Miami that day, while the Harmony, Oasis and Allure are on their way back to Fort Lauderdale, Port Canaveral and Miami respectively -- all three then depart on 11/18.

mac_tlc

Aw shucks you burst my bubble dream. I bet some folks coming over on the TA were hoping too.:(

• 4 weeks later...
Allure is my favorite but will be on Harmony in Dec and again next Sept for the President's cruise, so hoping we like it as much as Allure.

We will probably do Symphony at some point just to be on the next ship in that class, but will wait for a decent price.

I'm thinking the same - shall I wait for a better price. I don't like the high premium at gets placed on the new ships. Harmony pricing may come down now I'd say with Symphony launching?

I'm thinking the same - shall I wait for a better price. I don't like the high premium at gets placed on the new ships. Harmony pricing may come down now I'd say with Symphony launching?

Pricing ius unpredictable. However, if you are booking under US/Canadian rules, you can usually get price drops until final payment date.

I wound up backing into the President's cruise on the Harmony. We are going with a group on the cruise right afterwards and my friend and I decided it would be fun to do our first B2B. I didn't have a clue it was the President's cruise until well after we booked.

This will be the first cruise I've been on with the bilateral flowrider set up. I can't wait for the extended hours for stand up!

If Harmony does me right, I'm sure I'll be trying out all of the Oasis class ships - so I hope Symphony is up to snuff.

The only problem with Oasis class ships, is their extreme popularity for those who like to surf and the attraction to young families. Best flowrider cruise I ever took was by far the Anthem to Canada when school was in session. Oasis was always crowded on the flowrider.

I call cruises like my Anthem cruise an Unicorn cruise.

JC