Is Alfredo's open on embarkation day on the Regal Princess?

Camelia-

I know that passengers are encouraged to go to the Horizon Court on embarkation day though the MDR is open I think. I was wondering about Alfredo's Pizzeria? If I remember correctly it's situated in just the right place for people watching while enjoying delicious food! A great way to start the cruise...

Thank you!

As others have said, it is open and its normally our go-to place. It tends to get crowded, and those with priority boarding do have an advantage :). My suggestion is that as soon as you get aboard walk over to Alfredos and get in line. The only down side is if there have been major staff changes (at Alfredos) everything can be bit slow.

Hank

This is the place to have lunch on embarkation day while on the Regal/Royal. Most pax do not realize it is open or don't care for the cuisine which is great because it is not super crowded like the HC. It is a hidden gem on the day you board the ship.

Our favorite embarkation lunch place too! Make sure you try the veal ravioli and the eggplant rollatini, assuming this is your taste. Small portions but oh so good. The salads are good too. Oh and the pizza!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guess this is from the new menu, looking forward to trying it again

Alfredo's is great but be aware that the crew will do their utmost to steer you to the buffet. Personally, I think they've been told that most people want the buffer so they are somewhat aggressive in directing to the buffet.

On our Regal cruise, as soon as we stepped aboard there was someone saying "Buffet, this way." I turned towards Alfredo's and was told: "No, no, this way to buffet." I said "No buffet, Alfredo's" and was told again to go another way to the buffer. I just pushed past and went to Alfredo's which was great.

Yes, and it was a great embarkation lunch with hardly anyone there and great service! If the ship has an Alfredo's, we make sure to go there for lunch once we board.

I always order two of the eggplant rollatini! (not sure if that is the correct spelling)

Does anyone know if Alfredo’s has any gluten free options?TIA. Chris

It has been a few years since we sailed both Royal & Regal and both did have gluten free pizza crust. On one, they requested you tell them the day before so they can "thaw out" the crust - on the other they were always ready. We enjoyed them and always ask for "double" topping.

It has been a few years since we sailed both Royal & Regal and both did have gluten free pizza crust. On one, they requested you tell them the day before so they can "thaw out" the crust - on the other they were always ready. We enjoyed them and always ask for "double" topping.

Thank you

Yes it is open and the pizza is delicious. Most people run upstairs to the buffet, so they can fill up like they have never before. So, if you dine at Alfredo's on embarkation day, you will enjoy a civilized lunch. They have a great salad, and they have great ravioli too. We also like to eat here in the evenings.