Celebrity "Elite" loyalty member

RCCL Rats

Sky Lounge unless the total number of Elite, Elite + and Zeniths exceeds some capacity they have determined. Then they issue three drink coupons per person per night (except for embarkation night and Senior Officers Party night when no coupons are issued.). The coupons are dated. They can be used in several bars around the ship.

They held it in Cosmos Lounge on the Constellation last month. Similar the the Sky Lounge on the S-Class ships. It was always a pleasant time. The appetizers were nice, the Captains Club hostess was always around and the views were always great rom up there. 10 nights from Venice to Barcelona and it was never crowded or crazy.

Not much of a special perk anymore compare to the Diamond gathering on Royal...and those with drink packages can go to any bar..But it is still available

Our last Diamond gathering on Allure was something of a bun fight....too many guests, not enough seats.....We tried to visit twice, both times not good....gave up after that.

Technically, RC with a wider drinks menu and longer cocktail hours is the 'better' event, but we much prefer the Elite gathering! Even with Michael's Club we will go to the Elite event once or twice a cruise.

No need to compare it to some other line. It is a delightful perk especially on repositioning cruises.

I think it is/was totally appropriate to compare it in this case...The OP is used to RCCL system, and someone just wanted to point out the difference...

Our last Diamond gathering on Allure was something of a bun fight....too many guests, not enough seats.....We tried to visit twice, both times not good....gave up after that.

Technically, RC with a wider drinks menu and longer cocktail hours is the 'better' event, but we much prefer the Elite gathering! Even with Michael's Club we will go to the Elite event once or twice a cruise.

That was our experience as well after becoming D with RC. In all fairness to the cruise line, we have begun sailing during a time popular with higher loyalty cruises (first 2 weeks of September) and both D and CL were packed. I know it's not always that busy other times of the year. We have yet to be able to get into the D lounge during cocktail hour. My husband saw the line and also said "forget it."

Haven't gone to an Elite cocktail hour yet, but might check it out in December.

I compared it to Royal C because OP signed the post "RCCL Rats", and in their profile list Royal as their fav line.

We prefer X for most things but when we sailed on Oasis, the Diamond event was awesome...you could skip dinner with the buffet they served .Did not want OP to think they'd get anything like that on X. For many, it is not just the drinks we go for. It is pleasant on X but different than Royal.

The OP didn't ask, but in our opinion, the morning spread for Diamond and Elite were about the same.

Guess they'll find out soon enough!

I was Elite on Celebrity when I took a Trans-Atlantic on RCCL Navigator of the Seas. Their evening Diamond cocktail time was held in their windowless disco called The Dungeon. Claustrophobic! They only offered wine and soda for free. Cocktails and beer were discounted.

Give me the Sky Lounge (or whatever name) on Celebrity and the expansive views and nice drinks and nibbles.

I am now Elite Plus and loving it.

I was Elite on Celebrity when I took a Trans-Atlantic on RCCL Navigator of the Seas. Their evening Diamond cocktail time was held in their windowless disco called The Dungeon. Claustrophobic! They only offered wine and soda for free. Cocktails and beer were discounted.

Give me the Sky Lounge (or whatever name) on Celebrity and the expansive views and nice drinks and nibbles.

I am now Elite Plus and loving it.

That's a LONG time ago - things have been different for some years - including the fact that they no longer have that venue on any of the ships ;)

Thanks for all the responses! WE are Diamond Plus with Royal, and have been loyal to them for years, however there treatment of D/P members is going backwards, and keep eliminating perks, so it is time for a change, and if it works out Sayonara Royal.

RCCL Rats

Thanks for all the responses! WE are Diamond Plus with Royal, and have been loyal to them for years, however there treatment of D/P members is going backwards, and keep eliminating perks, so it is time for a change, and if it works out Sayonara Royal.

RCCL Rats

We did enjoy many happy cruises with Royal, especially when our son was younger (we are D+ and E+). I honestly think we just 'outgrew' their product. We would cruise them again but now Celebrity has become our preferred line. We wanted a cruiseline with more of a focus on food and Rest and Relaxation than Action and Activities.....

You will find there are things that are done better on RC (entertainment) but overall I think you will enjoy the change. Check on line your Elite perks so you know what will be on your pass on boarding. As with Royal there will be a letter in your room on boarding. Most Elite guests find the free laundry bag useful!

We did enjoy many happy cruises with Royal, especially when our son was younger (we are D+ and E+). I honestly think we just 'outgrew' their product. We would cruise them again but now Celebrity has become our preferred line. We wanted a cruiseline with more of a focus on food and Rest and Relaxation than Action and Activities.....

You will find there are things that are done better on RC (entertainment) but overall I think you will enjoy the change. Check on line your Elite perks so you know what will be on your pass on boarding. As with Royal there will be a letter in your room on boarding. Most Elite guests find the free laundry bag useful!

We did too. Many happy family vacations with our friends and their families. Change is good though, and really happy we tried Celebrity, because it seems like the perfect fit for us now.

And yes, that bag of laundry is a nice perk!

They held it in Cosmos Lounge on the Constellation last month. Similar the the Sky Lounge on the S-Class ships. It was always a pleasant time. The appetizers were nice, the Captains Club hostess was always around and the views were always great rom up there. 10 nights from Venice to Barcelona and it was never crowded or crazy.

We will be on the Constellation for the first time next August (only ever sailed Solstice class before) - where is the Cosmos Lounge? I can't find it on any deck plans. Thanks in advance for your reply - and any other tips about the ship would be most welcome ... we're really looking forward to sailing out of and into Venice :)

Sky lounge is the more generic name for the high deck forward lounge. On Millenium its name is Cosmos. On Constellation its name is Reflections. On Infinity its called the Constellation Lounge. On M class ships the Sky Lounges are all deck 11.

Sky lounge is the more generic name for the high deck forward lounge. On Millenium its name is Cosmos. On Constellation its name is Reflections. On Infinity its called the Constellation Lounge. On M class ships the Sky Lounges are all deck 11.

Thank you Alakegirl! Now I understand :)

Where would we go on Millenium? Do we need to go to the lounge for the free drinks, or will they be loaded on the card?

o the lounge unless the ship has several hundred Elites as a Trans Atlantic does. Coupons can only be used between 5 and 7pm is designated bars. The lounge will still be open