Bringing water and soda on board

lbfluffy

I would like to know this also. We usually just get the soda package but there aren't any caffeine free sodas available....I want to bring on flavors that we usually drink that are not available on board. Also, please suggestions on how to package them...besides just adding a luggage tag to the side? Thanks!

Carnival stopped allowing you to bring water on board, because people were filling few of their water bottles up with vodka. Instead before the cruise, Carnival sells bottled water at a low cost, is what I was told.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

You can pre order cases of water before you sail for 6.90 per case. So much easier than carting it on. We always do this now. We pre order two cases for a 7 day cruise and 3 cases for a 10 day hot weather cruise. We used to tag ours and send it with the porter or carry on ourself, but the no hassle pre order is so hassle free.

Soda packs: tape them up with a luggage tag if you want to check them, otherwise just pack them up and carry on. We've checked a case of water, taped up with a luggage tag with no issues. I did make tape handles to make it easier for the crew. I typically carry on a case of wine in a case box.

Soda packs: tape them up with a luggage tag if you want to check them, otherwise just pack them up and carry on. We've checked a case of water, taped up with a luggage tag with no issues. I did make tape handles to make it easier for the crew. I typically carry on a case of wine in a case box.

Ooh I would love to bring more than one bottle of wine for each of us.

Thanks....

Edited by cwalmonds

I can’t find the answer to this on Princess website. Can we bring a case of water and a couple 12 packs of soda? We were just on Carnival and they took my friends 6 pack of water.

We just got off the Ruby on Saturday. I had a separate duffel bag that I dropped off with 5 cases of soda and it was no problem! Princess allows you to do this, so no worries!

I used to bring soda onboard with a wheeled cooler and then filled it with booze when disembarking. It would hold 3 or 4 of those 12 packs without any ice of course.

I've seen people bring an entire case of water (40 bottles or so .5L). If you're driving and drop off your luggage and water with the porters before parking, there really isn't much of a hassle toting it around. A case cost around $4 vs buying it from the ship at around $23.

All that being said. We just bought the 12 bottle water package from the ship ($6.90) on our last cruise. We didn't run out because we usually bought a bottle or two in each port as we were returning to the ship.

And then you are charged corkage?

It is policy and customary to be charged for 10 of the bottles (assuming a couple in the cabin). Only reason would be if there is no wine table manned at the port check-in. But then corkage is applicable when a bottle is brought to a DR or bar.

You can pre order cases of water before you sail for 6.90 per case. So much easier than carting it on. We always do this now. We pre order two cases for a 7 day cruise and 3 cases for a 10 day hot weather cruise. We used to tag ours and send it with the porter or carry on ourself, but the no hassle pre order is so hassle free.

I cant see anywhere on my cruise personalizer where I can pre order water...just want to sell me soda packages or incredibly expensive alcohol packages. I would be tempted by the incredibly expensive alcohol packages if they included bottled water, but bizarrely they dont. So we will just buy our drinks as we go, but I would like to have some water in our room.

I cant see anywhere on my cruise personalizer where I can pre order water...just want to sell me soda packages or incredibly expensive alcohol packages. I would be tempted by the incredibly expensive alcohol packages if they included bottled water, but bizarrely they dont. So we will just buy our drinks as we go, but I would like to have some water in our room.

Hmmm ... perhaps it isn't offered in the UK market?

Listed under: BEVERAGE PACKAGES

Bottled Water Package $6.90 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

For pre-purchase ONLY through Gift Guide or Cruise Personalizer

Don’t know what to tell you, but we’ve been successful buying it online for the last several cruises since 2015.

I believe the package does include the small bottles of water, still or sparkling, just not the large ones.

Yes, it's the small water bottles of still water you can pre-order online. I do this all the time now. For just slightly over .57 cents a bottle, it is REALLY a great deal! I think they sell onboard for around $3 a bottle for the same exact stuff.

The only soda I bring onboard is caffeine free simply because they don't carry it and I can't drink anything else. I wrap bubble wrap over a 12 pack and put it in a small carry-on sized bag, put a luggage tag on it and check it with the stevedores. I also send it on airplanes too and have never had a problem with it popping although 2 cans did get dented the last time. Still opened fine though. :D

After reading this, I am planning on taking six 20 packs of bottle water on my next cruise (we are a group of nine). So I am going to make some 'handles' out of duct tape and rope to assist the cabin stewards who have to haul them to the stateroom .... My new summer project, and I board on Dec 1st so I better get cracking :p