Stairs fall?

margbem

I was going down the stairs while a man was coming up the stairs. I had my right hand on the railing, he had his left hand on the railing. He was NOT going to give way, so I did. As I was passing him the ship lurched left and I nearly fell flat. I was in 5" heels, no less. It was probably the closest I've ever come to staircase disaster. I feel for anyone who takes a fall on a staircase.

That's your first mistake- Wearing 5" heels on a cruise ship. :rolleyes:

Crazy.

We take the stairs as much as we can while on a cruise. It's good for our legs and heart and also works off a little of the food and drink. DW's only rule is that stairs must be avoided while in heels of any size.

We take the stairs as much as we can while on a cruise. It's good for our legs and heart and also works off a little of the food and drink. DW's only rule is that stairs must be avoided while in heels of any size.

As do we but the wife got rid of her high heels years ago and has never worn them on a ship. She says it's just asking for trouble.

I was going down the stairs while a man was coming up the stairs. I had my right hand on the railing, he had his left hand on the railing. He was NOT going to give way, so I did. As I was passing him the ship lurched left and I nearly fell flat. I was in 5" heels, no less. It was probably the closest I've ever come to staircase disaster. I feel for anyone who takes a fall on a staircase.

I've worked at some fairly dangerous places - e.g. a weapons research establishment; I also worked in the nuclear power industry and visited nuclear power stations under construction. The rules regarding hazardous stairways was always the same : the right hand is *always* on the railing, not the left hand.

The reason it's the right hand is that most people are right handed, and the strong hand should be on the railing. That's also the same reason why on escalators on the London underground the rule is "stand on the right".

That's your first mistake- Wearing 5" heels on a cruise ship. :rolleyes:

Crazy.

There is no Princess dress code with how high high heels can be is there.......my daughter is short and her husband is very tall and she likes to wear high heels to feel taller when they dance and has never had a problem on a ship......I am sure most women can out perform any man if they are both wearing high heels.....:)

You're clearly not a woman . . .

Obviously.

And it's obviously your choice.

Enjoy.

There is no Princess dress code with how high high heels can be is there.......my daughter is short and her husband is very tall and she likes to wear high heels to feel taller when they dance and has never had a problem on a ship......I am sure most women can out perform any man if they are both wearing high heels.....:)

I'm sure they could. :rolleyes:

Love it!:D

Sounds like a real gentleman! Or a real jerk...you always let the lady maintain the rail. ;)

Wearing 5" heels? Please look in the mirror & tell us what you see? To put it honestly, you really shouldn't wear high heels on any ship, period!

Wearing 5" heels? Please look in the mirror & tell us what you see? To put it honestly, you really shouldn't wear high heels on any ship, period!

"Perhaps a list of places where women should not wear high heels would help all of us brainless idiots who thought women were allowed to think for themselves." . . .Well that was my first reaction.

My second thought was, does this mean women should not wear 5" heels in LA?

I went down the stairs on the Sapphire years ago thanks to a couple of about 10year olds, I had no heals on had no beverages it was about 10am and the littles kids were runnnig down the stairs, ran into me and I went down the stairs, knee swelled up so bad I could hardly walk for about 3 days. The kids never stopped or said Sorry, runied my cruise, thanks to the little brats.

"Perhaps a list of places where women should not wear high heels would help all of us brainless idiots who thought women were allowed to think for themselves." . . .Well that was my first reaction.

My second thought was, does this mean women should not wear 5" heels in LA?

Being from the "general" Boston area, it was always entertaining watching the high heels get stuck in subway grates as they walked over them. seen more expensive shoes get their heels torn off that way.

OMG.....get a life and let people wear what they want.....your "should've, would've, could've" opinions on CC always border on shaming, blaming, and flaming.....what a bore you must be.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not just very silly, its dangerous. To the wearer and the people around the wearer.

You're kidding right?! I was totally kidding with my first post about this. I can navigate life in high heels without a second thought, on a ship or on land. I wear 3+ inch heels every day to my offic, walking on brick sidewalks, up and down stairs, in all manner of circumstances. You all need to relax. Believe me, I haven't taken out a hallway worth of cruisers with my high heels on, so no need for the worry for those around me. Sheesh!