What is the first thing you do?

nickiefriend

We really love it when we sail on a ship with the Mongolian Grill, we always stuff ourselves and then settle in for some drinks before sailaway. We've also been known to catch a nap if our cabin happens to be ready.

We always board and go straight up to lido deck to eat. We usully get on around 12-1230 and it is usually not too busy yet. Guys burger is what we usually start with ... as well as one a day for the rest of the cruise! lol. Then we go down to the cabin to check it out and see if luggage came, then explore the ship and wait for muster... Love embarkation day. As we walk onto the ship i always take the time to be happy it is starting.. because it goes fast.

Always go directly to the main dining room. Love the relaxed ambiance, white tablecloths, and that first very dirty martini. There's something about having that drink with lunch, (something I don't usually do) while lingering over a beautiful meal, that feels like vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That sounds great! I always check out the location of my table in MDR when I first get on board and I’ve never seen lunch being served there. Do you know what time that starts? Thx!

That sounds great! I always check out the location of my table in MDR when I first get on board and I’ve never seen lunch being served there. Do you know what time that starts? Thx!

They don't have the MDR open on embarkation day, not sure what there were referring to.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Once we drop off our carry-one (we're Platinum), we head to Guy's for a great lunch. Then it's off to check out our dining table to make sure it's a table for two. After that, we head to Guest Services to look at the week's main dining room menus so that we can choose which night to go to the steakhouse. Then we go exploring the ship.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

They don't have the MDR open on embarkation day, not sure what there were referring to.

The MDR on Norwegian has always been open for lunch immediately after embarkation starts on every NCL cruise I've ever been on, which is my only cruiseline experience. If that's not true on other cruise lines I can understand why it's so delightfully empty and why everyone rushes to the Lido deck.

Shhh..... don't tell anyone. ;-)

The relaxed atmosphere is exactly why I enjoy it first thing. The quiet is just what I need to unplug from a hectic work schedule and transition into being on vacation. I leave my quiet lunch ready to party!

The MDR on Norwegian has always been open for lunch immediately after embarkation starts on every NCL cruise I've ever been on, which is my only cruiseline experience. If that's not true on other cruise lines I can understand why it's so delightfully empty and why everyone rushes to the Lido deck.

Shhh..... don't tell anyone. ;-)

The relaxed atmosphere is exactly why I enjoy it first thing. The quiet is just what I need to unplug from a hectic work schedule and transition into being on vacation. I leave my quiet lunch ready to party!

This is on the carnival board. They don't have the MDR open for lunch on embarkation. There are some ships that have smaller venues (pasta bar) open for lunch that people don't know about you later on the cruise so those are the write lunch spots that day.

Actually, I have been on Carnival sailings when the MDR is opened for lunch. The first time (Dream) I actually was directed there by someone at the top of the gangway. Its worth asking if any of the dining rooms is serving lunch =) I have no idea why or often they do it, but it is a nice way to begin your cruise if you find you have the opportunity.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

New user to the CC app. Just discovered that the threads I am shown when the app opens come from a variety of boards, not just boards I'm interested in. I thought this was a general discussion about cruising and have enjoyed hearing what others do when they first board. It's been enlightening to discover that different cruise lines do things differently.

Not of fan of being where everyone else is, so we usually unpack, iron a few items and then go eat when the rush subsides. We also choose the less busy lunch venues. Then we scope out the ship and head to muster. If there is time we will rest a bit.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Just curious, how do you "iron" a few items ? Can you bring an iron onboard ?

We we usually go straight to the pasta bar for lunch. It’s always empty there. Then we walk around the ship. If the kids are cruising with us we hang out near the sports area for a bit, get some ice cream, just wander and then head to muster drill. After that we enjoy the sail away deck party.

If the kids weren’t lucky enough to join us and stayed back in the snow....it goes a little differently. We still head to pasta bar....then do a quick tour of the ship. As soon as our room is ready we head in for “alone time”.... ummm, err a nap! ;p:')