LIVE!!!!! From the ECLIPSE 14night Southern Carib!! - CHICAGOPAUL -

chicagopaul

Hi Paul,

Really enjoying your posts and all of the great information you've provided, thanks!

We'll be on the Dec. 10th sailing and I noticed you mentioned there were a lot of people dressed formally on the evening chic nights (is that what it's called these days?).

Did you see many tuxes? DH was only going to bring one sports jacket and collared shirts and a tie or 2 but if I'm going to be blinged out we thought maybe he should bring his tux since this is close to the holidays and the shipped is all decked out.

What do you think?

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Did you see many tuxes? DH was only going to bring one sports jacket and collared shirts and a tie or 2 but if I'm going to be blinged out we thought maybe he should bring his tux since this is close to the holidays and the shipped is all decked out.

I would persuade my husband, providing there was sufficient available weight in the case ( are you flying and have restricted allowance?)

Hi Paul,

Really enjoying your posts and all of the great information you've provided, thanks!

We'll be on the Dec. 10th sailing and I noticed you mentioned there were a lot of people dressed formally on the evening chic nights (is that what it's called these days?).

What do you think?

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Post #273 may help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would persuade my husband, providing there was sufficient available weight in the case ( are you flying and have restricted allowance?)

Yes we are flying however weight and excess baggage is not an issue but the hassle of repacking at the last minute is a factor.

He has rented them on cruises before, is it too late to order one today?

Also he doesn't want to feel overdressed although I personally love seeing a man in a tux, especially my DH ;).

Yes we are flying however weight and excess baggage is not an issue but the hassle of repacking at the last minute is a factor.

He has rented them on cruises before, is it too late to order one today?

Also he doesn't want to feel overdressed although I personally love seeing a man in a tux, especially my DH ;).

I’ve seen a handful of tuxes on both chic nights. Overall people have seemed to be more dressed up with this cruise than previous ones but nothing over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve seen a handful of tuxes on both chic nights. Overall people have seemed to be more dressed up with this cruise than previous ones but nothing over the top.

Thanks Paul, Yes when I told DH that this may be a more dressy sailing due to the holidays and all he thought a tux would be ok.

I just got off the phone with Cruiseline Formal Wear and they're taking care of everything. His tux will be waiting in our suite, no repacking, whew!.

Edited by webecruzin2
spelling

Yesterday was a nice pool day for us. We relaxed by the pool and then I finally used the hot tub / bath on our balcony. It was nice to use but isn’t all that large for 2 people. The controls were relatively easy to figure out. Our balcony has had no problem getting a lot of sun this cruise so it is a nice alternative to lay out and get some sun if you don’t want to be by the crowds of the pool deck.

d39047a84351694fb470b30b5aae27db.jpg

Yesterday for lunch we just ate at Mast Bar. Everything there has been good quality this cruise. One day we had to wait about 10 minutes for burgers to be ready but no big deal. The basic toppings and fries are self service. The cooked ones are placed on by the staff. The crew has been pretty good at keeping the tables clean by Mast Grill this cruise and the few times we’ve been up there we haven’t had an issue getting a table.

We put some laundry out last night. Last time we did at the beginning of the cruise it came back in roughly 16 hours which was nice. Let’s see how quickly this comes back.

Dinner last night was in Luminae and we were happy to be back there. The food was great. The highlight of the dinner was the lamb shank which was cooked perfectly. Very tasty.

8bf0d23268aa33c71c401842753f43cd.jpg

f47b66e3ed18c2aaa498a51dacb57f04.jpg

c6207cdf62b82a58c0a7bc67b8956d54.jpg

02b1552aefe628eb7bbc10d2503e97af.jpg

023c085c57427bba5e2f88ecf0638481.jpg

Hi Paul, Your reviews are amazing and so appreciated by all of us anticipating a future cruise. I know we mentioned wine lists in Luminae. Do they have a list? Can you tell us how it works here as we will be in Luminae for the first time in January. Thanks again.

Hi Paul, Your reviews are amazing and so appreciated by all of us anticipating a future cruise. I know we mentioned wine lists in Luminae. Do they have a list? Can you tell us how it works here as we will be in Luminae for the first time in January. Thanks again.

Thanks for the reminder on this wine list. I’ll ask for it and take pictures tonight. They have wines by the glass and bottle. In recent times in we’ve just had Victor the sommelier make recommendations. So far his recommendations have been great and we’ve gotten some “off list” items which are always appreciated. I’ll ask for the list tonight and will snap some photos.

Last night after dinner there was a show in the Atrium calmed groove. It was a combination of the DJ, production singers and dancers, and the House band. The actual show didn’t last too long. A decent amount of people attended but it wasn’t overly crowded. After the show potion the band played 60s musics in the atrium (grand foyer) and people were singing around the martini bar. Everything seemed to close down a bit early last night. We ended up shutting down the martini bar. I think it was just before midnight.

Here is the aqua spa cafe menu that is in the solarium.

e73a842ea32ba5556a02b5209acadf80.jpg

It looks like the rumor that the hot prepared salmon and char that used to be available from the Aqua Spa cafe no longer is , is true.:(

So sorry to see that go but some of the new offerings look interesting - ESPECIALLY that baby coconut with rum. Have you tried it?

(Is everything pre-made in there now?)

Thanks for all of the time and effort you're taking in giving all of us future cruisers so many details!!!:D

It looks like the rumor that the hot prepared salmon and char that used to be available from the Aqua Spa cafe no longer is , is true.:(

So sorry to see that go but some of the new offerings look interesting - ESPECIALLY that baby coconut with rum. Have you tried it?

(Is everything pre-made in there now?)

Thanks for all of the time and effort you're taking in giving all of us future cruisers so many details!!!:D

I didn’t even notice the baby coconuts on there! I think it might be only on certain days. Our last cruise they had them on the second to last sea day. They were really good. On that cruise they were serving them from crush. I’ll check on this as I definitely want one myself.

As far as pre-made items I’ve noticed the top two columns are made and set out and it looks like you need to order the salads. We’ve walked through a couple times and the spa cafe has always had a good handful of people in it so I suspect the quality is at least decently good this cruise.

For lunch today we went to Luminae. We had three courses but they weren’t too heavy. See the photos below.

8243aba6c17b9e7e6f54b1cf9d663f51.jpg

404c0ea2893e922d56fd9bda79354393.jpg

f599abe70da2da838089f2c6203dafa1.jpg

After lunch we went to a future cruises talk about an African Safari add on package.

80f5cb54aaf06f16c26f2e234fd1e2f8.jpg

Lastly we walked through the shops a bit. Here is a photo for Mr. and Mrs. Dewars. You know who you are!

dff5305071bfbb6ce7e4840a2540aa2f.jpg

OMG, chicagopaul! I just found your blog... I’m cracking up...you remembered! We did the crossing on Eclipse from Southampton after 2 weeks in Scotland so I’ve been busy catching up. Taking a 6 day with Uncle Jim on Reflection Jan 2. We miss you, hope our paths cross again!!

Oolie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reminder on this wine list. I’ll ask for it and take pictures tonight. They have wines by the glass and bottle. In recent times in we’ve just had Victor the sommelier make recommendations. So far his recommendations have been great and we’ve gotten some “off list” items which are always appreciated. I’ll ask for the list tonight and will snap some photos.

We loved letting the sommelier make recommendations. They were all excellent pairings with the food and most weren't on the wine list (but were covered on the premium beverage package)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

A quick update while I am thinking about it Ciroc is available. Several bottles at the martini bar right now. I forgot who asked this question sorry!

Hi Paul

That was me. Since you were so gracious and posted the beverage menus I did see my favorite, Ciroc. Overall the wines and spirits I’ve seen listed are quite nice and will make me happy. I’m particularly encouraged by the white wine lists. Finally a list that is not all about Chardonnay.

Thank you so much for posting all the menus and Daily Programs.

Hi Paul!

Your blog continues to be a great view of the Eclipse and her staff !

We will be boarding on Sunday. The last 2 weeks has gone by so quickly.Safe travels home to you and Edward !

Warning....it will be chilly in Miami. We are having a bit of a cold snap here in Florida.

One last question for you.....

Does the World Class Bar have “one-night tasting events” ? The example given in the review was a “traditional” Absinthe drink. Sounds intriguing.

Margaret

Paul now continues two days on the high seas to get to Miami and evacuate the ship. I enjoyed your review and photos on Instagram, enjoy your last days here is Snowing. I already make the final payment, want to be on board Eclipse March 18