LIVE!!!!! From the ECLIPSE 14night Southern Carib!! - CHICAGOPAUL -

chicagopaul

Last night was Mirage in the martini bar. Mirage is a party thrown at the martini bar with dancers in the “alcoves” of martini bar behind screens. Just like the Mirage. It was pretty well attended, the music was very good and not too loud. The bar was definitely crowded and people seemed to be having a lot of fun.

359fc751c853a816592cb5a93f7a610c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that lady!!! She's the BEST.

Hi Sue!!! :D

You both look great.

Please beg her to stay on board through February. :hearteyes:<|3

Paul I am delighted to see the tuxes and formal gowns in your photos. We sail on the 21st and after reading the Celebrity guidelines I seriously considered leaving the formal wear at home. Now they will definitely be coming and I can’t wait. It’s the holidays and dressing up is half the fun.

Also thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting the martini menu. Lovely that Grey Goose and Bombay Saphire seem to be the starting point in quality. We don’t drink much but when we do we like it to be of good quality. Do you know if they have Ciroc vodka on board? Is there a menu of quality vermouths .......dare I ask?

Wonderful thread. I wish I were so eloquent.

Hi Paul!

Thanks again for letting us all sail with you !

I am doing going over my (copious) notes about the Eclipse before we sail on December 10 and I have a few things that I read in Cruise Critic’s official reviews that you might be able to confirm. Is there holiday entertainment such as carolers or seasonal music?

Does the World Class Bar have “one-night tasting events” ? The example given was a “traditional” Absinthe drink, complete with sugar cube (but I’m assuming without the hallucinations )

Margaret

For comparison, here’s a pic I took of the main part of our our CS balcony on the hump. Sorry that I can’t find any pics of the slanted part right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Incredibly useful information, thank you. Our favorite balconies to date are the new aft ones on Island Princess. They are by far the largest of all suites we’ve sailed. While the RS suite is beautiful the CS hump balcony is lovely. One day when I have a bit of time I’d like to start a balcony “wars” thread :D

:cool:

I know that lady!!! She's the BEST.

Hi Sue!!! :D

You both look great.

Please beg her to stay on board through February. :hearteyes:<|3

I agree that Sue is the best. That would be great if she could be with us in February.:cool:

Based on the events we had on the last cruise, tonight (Tuesday 10:00 PM) should be SILENT DISCO in the Grand Foyer. Everyone had a GREAT time. The Grand Foyer was packed. It was something to see.

Bob

PS hope you enjoyed the Chocolate Ball.

We'll be travelling to Curacao for the first time in March; I'm anxious to hear your thoughts...and of course, see your beautiful pictures. Enjoy the day.

Susan

I too hope to see photos of Curaçao, as the Captain aborted docking there on Easter Monday 2013, due to cross winds.

We’ve been to curaçao before. It’s a beautiful port. We are grabbing lunch on the ship and then walking around. Tomorrow we will likely go to the beach. What I love about curaçao is it’s character. A mini-Amsterdam is the best way to describe except better weather. Here are a few photos from the ship. It’s beautiful.

213b3ad831d5940eb8c4189060771f33.jpg

b417b74cc2b444ffa8d934dfe4c57995.jpg

I’ll post some shoreside photos shortly as well as a description of last nights events and last night’s dinner!

The same itinerary as March 18 sailing.

Paul: Am I interested in knowing what to do during the night in Curaçao or would you recommend that you remain on board?

We plan to stay on board. Mainly because the different people we’ve met on board will be staying here for the “full moon” party by the pool tonight. And we have dinner reservations in Murano tonight. I’ll post a bunch of photos of the main town area of curaçao. Tomorrow we will likely go to Mambo beach.

Last night all on board was at 5:30 with a 6:00 sail away if my memory serves correctly. The water off of Bonaire is so very calm. It looks like glass. And it is quiet. Sitting on our balcony you cannot hear a thing.

18005dfb2281c1047a709ccebc87c30e.jpg

We got to the Martini Bar around 6:30 and it was not very crowded. People were still getting ready from the later on board time. Edward decided the Luminae menu didn’t appeal to him much last night so we had Sara make us reservations for Tuscan at 8:30. At 7pm we caught the show which was Intimate Broadway Cabaret. You’ve probably seen it before as I’ve seen it multiple times. However, I always love it. It is all 6 of the production singers singing different songs from musicals and it is something that is always good. While some may not like the production shows due to choreography, story line, etc. I’ve always noticed people commenting that many of the singers have good to great voices. This is a nice opportunity to see just them and it did not disappoint.

After that we grabbed a drink in Ensemble and then it was dinner time in Tuscan. This was our third time in Tuscan this cruise and the service has gotten better each time.

Our waiter was Mohammed and he was fantastic. He steered me away from the red snapper and to the branzino which was great. Edward went with the filet and we shared some lobster pasta. Photos will be below momentarily!

Edward is finishing getting ready and we will soon be headed too....can you guess it? The Martini Bar. We then will be at Murano for dinner (my favorite) and Sara has arranged for our steak Diane.

Tonight there is a “Full Moon Party” on the pool deck. The photos we saw looked like fun so we will definitely check it out.

e87f83a7200662527600df7ad6d9378c.jpg

Also good news on the menu front. Edward was able to snag a few more so we will have Ensemble lounge and Cellar Masters uploaded shortly. I just need to crop and brighten them up a bit and I will post them.

We’ve been to curaçao before. It’s a beautiful port. We are grabbing lunch on the ship and then walking around. Tomorrow we will likely go to the beach. What I love about curaçao is it’s character. A mini-Amsterdam is the best way to describe except better weather. Here are a few photos from the ship. It’s beautiful.

213b3ad831d5940eb8c4189060771f33.jpg

b417b74cc2b444ffa8d934dfe4c57995.jpg

I’ll post some shoreside photos shortly as well as a description of last nights events and last night’s dinner!

We did an excursion to "Aquarium beach". I'd recommend taking a taxi to the beach yourselves & save the money. walk along the beach...there are tons of beach clubs there. I think it was Madeira beach club we saw. Gorgeous spot about $40 for the day. We plan on doing it next year on our 2019 Reflection trip. this Jan. we'll be on the Riviera. Wanted to try Oceania for a switch up.

Paul I am delighted to see the tuxes and formal gowns in your photos. We sail on the 21st and after reading the Celebrity guidelines I seriously considered leaving the formal wear at home. Now they will definitely be coming and I can’t wait. It’s the holidays and dressing up is half the fun.

Also thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting the martini menu. Lovely that Grey Goose and Bombay Saphire seem to be the starting point in quality. We don’t drink much but when we do we like it to be of good quality. Do you know if they have Ciroc vodka on board? Is there a menu of quality vermouths .......dare I ask?

Wonderful thread. I wish I were so eloquent.

We never saw such finery on the Eclipse as our Jan. 2017 14 day trip(our third). By the third Chic night, I thought we were back on Cunard.