Effy jewelry

scouse mouse

My dear husband purchased a pearl necklace for me whilst on Regal Princess in September 2017. I have worn it approx 10 times, and yesterday it fell apart.

Does anyone have contact numbers for Effy or contact details, bearing in mind we live in the U.K? Or do we contact Princess?

Thanks for any help given.

Contact customerservice@effyjewelers.com to obtain an RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization). Once approved, you will receive an e-mail containing your RMA number, along with packaging and shipping instructions.

You may be directed to first work with Princess Boutiques Customer Service boutiquescustomerservice@princesscruises.com

If the person has not been replaced you will deal with Ms. Char Larkin (clarkin@princesscruises.com)

We had some difficulty in a timely response until we added Jan Swartz to our e-mail chain which resulted in a phone call 15 minutes later.

Wishing you good luck.

I purchased a nice set of earrings from them and the wife didn't wear them until we got home. They were broken in the box. Everything goes through Princess for repair and be prepared for MONTHS to get them back. We opted to take to our local jeweler and they fixed in 10 minutes for a couple of dollars.

OK, I'll bite - Unless you have an excess amount of OBC burning a hole - why would anyone make any type of substantial purchase at one of the Princess onboard shops?

Are the prices that much better, or is it something that can't be purchased locally?:cool:

I guess most are done on impulse purchase, unlike planned where there are price comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Caveat emptor, only buy what you are certain is real value for money and is fit for purpose. If you buy "down the road" it is a walk-in "face-to-face" situation if anything goes wrong. Buying anything on a ship is a totally different 'kettle of fish".

Our local Macy's carries the Effy line so IMHO better to purchase locally;)

When it comes to Effy better off not to buy anywhere. Lots of info out there about how they pretty up poor quality stones and sell them as if they were higher quality stones.

When it comes to Effy better off not to buy anywhere. Lots of info out there about how they pretty up poor quality stones and sell them as if they were higher quality stones.

Hmmm, I thought that was the definition of most jewelers.

Hank

Bearing in mind I will have to send the necklace to the USA, I will probably just get it restringed here in the U.K. at my local jewellers. He comes well reviewed, and at least I will wear it with confidence. And hopefully get to wear it at Christmas.

I have purchased some beautiful jewelry on cruise ships. I typically buy items that I cannot get at home. I almost purchased some Effy earrings on the last cruise, but decided not to at the last minute. I have since been unable to find them anywhere. Same with LeVian, as they have pieces that can be hard to find. I had a LeVian ring fall apart and I received a full refund after several attempts to repair it. I would never purchase substantial diamonds on a cruise, but something fun that my husband wants to purchase for me, comes with a warranty and a memory.

OK, I'll bite - Unless you have an excess amount of OBC burning a hole - why would anyone make any type of substantial purchase at one of the Princess onboard shops?

Are the prices that much better, or is it something that can't be purchased locally?:cool:

It was our 40th Anniversary and happy wife, happy life. I think Champagne was involved too. But I had them valued back here by our trusted jewelers and they were worth at least the 2K I paid. After attending the Watch show onboard, the wife did purchase for me a great Bremont watch when we were on Aruba. Those are not easy to buy in person in the US. NYC has them and maybe Vegas I believe. So it was an impulse trip and 40th anniversary only happens once. We did have $700 OBC but it only goes so far.

Bearing in mind I will have to send the necklace to the USA, I will probably just get it restringed here in the U.K. at my local jewellers. He comes well reviewed, and at least I will wear it with confidence. And hopefully get to wear it at Christmas.

If you have a decent craft store anywhere near you, you could buy the equipment and do it yourself. That's what I'd do, but it may not be for everyone, it'll be fiddly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking at some EFFY jewelry advertised here (USA) online but had no info about the company, so didn't make the purchase. Was uncomfortable spending that much money just on the computer. Their products really look gorgeous though...:confused: